It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd pictures from my "ghost hunt"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
A few months back, some friends and I went camping near a forest in New Kent, VA...a place that is supposed to be haunted and is steeped in Civil War history. Some personal experiences included the usual: unexplained rustling in the woods, a few whispery voices and even what sounded like ghost drum beats. We didn't have any sophisticated equipment. Just a temperature gun and cameras. On numerous occasions, we would all get that "feeling"...you know, like you're being watched and/or the hair on your arms and neck would sorts stand on end. When we would get this snesation, we'd snap pictures. Any pics with orbs, I dind't even bother with because it was sprinkling rain off and on and any "orb" pics would have been questionable. A few others were very bizarre, though...Here are of a few of those.

Note: you may have to adjust your color on your monitor; we cut our flashes off so we wouldn't later be "debunked" as "Oh, well that's just your flash reflecting off of something." Also, I hope these don't appear too big...I suck at properly posting images on the net...

*This one is the best one, IMO. This stray cat followed us off and on through the weekend and in this picture, it seems to be staring directly at that weird movement/light.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Sandcastles on Cydonia]

mod edit: Please read this link-ATTN: Image Size Guidelines

[edit on 17-2-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Those look pretty good to me and I'm generally not a big fan of orb pictures. You said that you were not taking orb pictures because it was raining. The first 2 you posted are orb heavy, was it still raining then? If not, did you clean off your lens before you snapped those?

The third picture by far is the most interesting, I have no idea what the orange streaks could be. It could likely just be the darkness, but the girl on the far left in the pink shirt with the cute booty (just my professional opinion
) seems to be looking in the direction of it at the time. Although I could be confusing her head with part of the Bobcat type equipment in front of them.

Nevertheless, good work!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
All those orbs seem like rain or dust. As for the smudge of orange, it seems like the exact color on numerous compact excavators I recall seeing. Although I can't make out the color of the one in the background of that image.. Possible glitch in the filters because of the darkness?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The most convincing one is probably the one with the cat looking at the strange orange thingy. There seems to certainly be something there.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
First of all, the "orbs" are dust/rain. In the dark, they will ALWAYS appear because the flash will amplify them. And the string of green is caused by a poor lens:

However, there is a string of dots, usually in green, purple or violet, appears in the image. These dots have the shape of the aperture of the lens and are not part of the actual scene. Therefore, they are called ghosts! Most low cost zoom and wide angle lenses suffer this problem... With a better lens, surfaces of glasses are multicoated with special anti-reflection chemicals to prevent flare and ghost. However, even though with a multicoated lens like the on-camera one, flare and ghost cannot be eliminated completely.

- Source

I have no information on the red haze though. Nice pictures!

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Why would you go on a ghost hunt! Arnt scared of the ghosts and spirits. The cat looks like beutiful art

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
you know that is real because the cat is lookining strait at that orange entity

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The problem with the internet, it is hard to tell sarcasm. Just in case you weren't being sarcastic, most people in the field agree that animals are extremely more sensitive to paranormal activity than humans. Thus why the cat would be visually attracted to something that to us would only show up on 35mm.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Good thing I downloaded those pics to my hard drive and adjusted them in Corel Photopaint. That horsepen pic is loaded with orbs. The green streak looks like somebody playing with one of those cyalume light sticks during a long shutter release.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandcastles on Cydonia
A few months back, some friends and I went camping near a forest in New Kent, VA.

You ever go to West Point to look into the "haunted" train that runs through there?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RCarter

Originally posted by Sandcastles on Cydonia
A few months back, some friends and I went camping near a forest in New Kent, VA.

You ever go to West Point to look into the "haunted" train that runs through there?

No, but I've heard tons about it.

As for the orbs in my pictures. There are a few that I think are legitimate orbs. However, seeing as how the light sprinkling of rain is also evident in the pictures, I'm not going to call ANYTHING an orb. A few notes about the other pics, though...

The cat: the weird thing about the cat is that it just showed up on the first night, a stray that started tagging along behind us.

The green light thing: No clue what this is. Someone above said it could be a poor lense. But I've been using this camera for three years and have never seen this. Also, it was taken when everyone in the group had that "weirded out" feeling. I've looked around the net for anyhting similar to it and have only found one or two weird phenomena that look like it. Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks for all of the comments!

top topics

join