It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Win 250,000 Points: What Are The Top-5 9/11 Conspiracies?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
My Top 5 - 9/11

1) Why was all the steel(The only real evidence of how the towers fell) shipped to China and India to be melted down?

2) How did towers manage to fall with a single plane crash to each, when the architects and chief engineers on the project insisted that it was built to withstand multiple 707 strikes. Even MIT Engineers watching the collapse immediately said it was controlled demolition. The heat in the debris of 9/11 were burning for weeks after, and the thermite falling from the side of the tower.

3) Prior Knowledge, Why is it that there was so many people reported to have cancelled their trip or called loved ones to warn them not to near the WTC at a certain time on 9/11? And CBS abruptly stops a congressman as he started talking about 'The Phoenix Memo'.

4) The Hijackers that where alleged to have attacked the WTC's are reported to be still alive. And why didn't the autopsy report of the crash site list the hijackers or mention that they were missing?

5) Bush claimed he saw the first plane hit the towers outside the classroom, when the footage of the first plane wasn't released until the next day. This is the most blatant fact for me. As he has been caught on public television lying, Why should we be believe a much bigger detailed lie like the The 9/11 Commission Report

Remembering the day humanity was left behind

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
one funny thing about the 911 day, that most forgot to mention.

Is that george bush was reading his book about a goat upside down. even though it does not prove much, it is a strange anomaly, and i also find it funny that he was reading about a goat, and what sybolism that brings to mind.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Nah, drew, that was a cheap photo shop job...

look at the original source video and you will see.

He wasnt really reading the book tho, he was making weird faces and looking around, trying to look "presidential" ( * eyes dart back-and-forth * )

Whats odd tho, is that even though the first plane hit before the classroom photo op, they still went ahead with the photo op, as if the president didnt have more pressing matters in the face of a national disaster like a single plane crashing into the WTC with the possible effects on the economy and all the disaster relief that needed to be initiated.... its almost like they knew ahead of time.

And another thing, if you look at the presidents schedule for that day, the time slot for his 9:30 press address was already scheduled and posted to the media the day before. THAT press conference where he first talked about the disaster was set up ahead of time!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It looks to me like member participation in this contest is winding down...

When do we find out who won?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Indeed, Thought its been interesting digging up all the facts again

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
one funny thing about the 911 day, that most forgot to mention.

Is that george bush was reading his book about a goat upside down. even though it does not prove much, it is a strange anomaly, and i also find it funny that he was reading about a goat, and what sybolism that brings to mind.

Rule #1, don't believe every photo you see on the internet. Don't you think all of the students would have been laughing at him if the book was upside down? That was a very bad Photoshop.

It cracks me up, so many people trying to make the President look like a goof when he is fully capable of doing a wonderful job all by himself.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1
It looks to me like member participation in this contest is winding down...

When do we find out who won?

Hold yer horses man! There was a second challenge put out, and I've been away for the weekend. I've not winded down!
But then again, I'm often all wound up about something or another!

I've got another entry I'm working on. Besides, it's in the process where the enjoyment is! I'm enjoying the process....over and over again .

If I get some validating points when all is said and done-even for second place-whoo-hoo! But I'm doing it for the enjoyment (and my compulsive need to find validation and attempt to please authority figures. :shk: )

Besides, I have this feeling that no deadline has been given because SO is just waiting to see what he is looking for...and has NOT seen it yet, though he admits some have come close....I think he is waiting to see if anyone can come any closer...you know?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
1. On the morning of September 11, three lawmakers Bob Graham, Porter Goss and Jon Kyl were having breakfast on Capitol Hill with General Ahmad whom the FBI says sent $100,000 to Mohammad Atta on Sepetember 10th

• Congress established the - Joint Inquiry into Intelligence Community Activities before and after the Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001 - Bob Graham and Porter Goss are in charge of the investigation

2. President Bush refuses to create 9-11 commission saying the investigation should be kept within Congress to the Joint Inquiry mentioned above

• Bush Administration waits 411 days to form the 9/11 investigation commission, compare this to just 6 days for the Titanic, 7 days for JFK, 7 days for the Challenger, and 9 days for Pearl Harbor

3. President Bush refuses to release documents or testify under oath to 9-11 Commission

• While President Bush and Vice President Cheney did ultimately agree to testify, they did so only under several conditions: They would be allowed to testify jointly; They would not be required to take an oath before testifying; The testimony would not be recorded electronically or transcribed, and that the only record would be notes taken by one of the commission staffers; These notes would not be made public

4. The Pentagon had just finished running a simulation of the exact events that were about to occur

• Today (9-7-2001), Mr. Rumsfeld met for two hours with the senior military leadership and reviewed the results of Positive Match, which was carried out over four days in August, a senior Pentagon official said. Among the situations in the war game, commanders tested whether the armed forces could decisively defeat one potential adversary (North Korea or Iraq), while repelling an attack from another. They also looked at how military operations would be affected if another event, such as terrorists attacking New York City with chemical weapons, took place at the same time.

• The only public statement on Positive Match was made by Mr. Rumsfeld at a Pentagon news conference. “"There was recently a war game that was conducted that used some different approaches that we've been working with," he said. "And there isn't a doubt in my mind but that that approach is going to create some significant changes as to how we arrange ourselves, how we size our force, how we arrange war plans. And that is, I think, something that will be - when we look back, we'll see it as being very significant.”

5. Osama Bin Laden is not wanted for 9-11

• According to Rex Tomb, the FBI's Chief of Investigative Publicity, is reported to have said, "The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden's Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11."

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Pistons]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I decided to incorporate some more points into a single post, my first try can be found here

1) pictures of the towers' cores standing after the collapses contradict the official version, no mechanism is explained how these cores could have disintigrated after having been relieved of their load:

picture of WTC#2's core in following post www.abovetopsecret.com...

by the same token, several eyewitness reported Basement Explosions in the WTC towers, at the time of impact

2) seismic records show that precursor events existed, which were very similar in all 3 collapses, in the case of wtc7, approximately six seconds pass before collapse ensues, this is of course at odds with a collapse by fatigue. So is of course the almost complete obliteration of three (#1,2,7) buildings by gravity alone. buildings may topply due to structural failure, they don't disintigrate into dust and shards on their own.

see www.abovetopsecret.com... for details

3) helicopters were flying around the damaged towers and even through the plumes, yet no efforts were made to rescue people from the roofs with available commercial, police and emergency service helicopters. no people were seen on top of the roofs either, for some reason (access heavily barred ?)

4) the entire area kept displaying very high temperatures for weeks on end, molten steel was recovered from the basements, jet fuel does not reach sufficient temperatures, let alone supplies enough heat to last that long.

5) An abundance of Fakes. there are hundreds of obviously altered pictures, most of them surrounding the pentagon.

www.911studies.com...

No matter who planted them, they have a [B]very good connection to Mainstream Media outlets, otherwise they would not have been aired without verification. All Pentagon footage released so far shows essentially nothing, yet there were literally dozens of surveillance camers which must have filmed the attack. The same is of course true for any kind of evidence which was quickly disappeared, such as structural elements, aircraft parts' serial numbers and so on.

======

PS: i deliberately excluded the Pensyllvanian crash, because shooting down kamikaze airliners won't be viewed as a crime by most and explaining project homerun would be over the top.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I would like to add some more relevant information, that I just came across, to my contest entry submission.

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
I believe that they would prefer not to enslave the worlds population, if they could avoid it, but they will do so if that is thier only option.

"We shall have World Government, whether or not we like it. The only question is whether World Government will be achieved by conquest or consent." - Federal Reserve Banker, Paul Warburg (February 17, 1950, as he testified before the US Senate)

quotes.liberty-tree.ca...

[edit on 20-2-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
1) Why didn't Bush react right away?
2) How did both towers fall onto their own footprint, especially the South tower which got hit on one corner of the building?
3) How did the pilots passport survive both the plane crash and the collapse of the WTC?
4) Why is there no discernible camera footage of the plane that hit the Pentagon?
5) Why did Bin Laden initially deny involvement with the attacks?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
John Conner, of theresistancemanifesto.com wins! In my opinion at least. He goes a little over 90 secs, but theres stuff you can cut out. He has this funny little video, i love this guy. He goes around everywhere with bullhorns and says, "911 was an inside job.." and rattles off lots of indisputable 911 facts.

This vid is pretty funny. He crashes a college classroom and starts spouting off about 911, and THE PROF AGREES!! its funny!

The points he touches upon are;

1) Operation Northwoods

2) Project for a New American Century - Rebuilding America's Defences "New Pearl Harbor"

3) Bush resistance to 911 investigation

4) Anthrax Attacks

5) Prominent Govt officials, engineers, scientists, military officials speaking out about 911 truth.

6) Media Garbage instead of actual news...

Check it out

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
1. President George Bush didn’t look surprised when ‘first’ told about 9-11 in Florida classroom.
2. No helicopter rescue attempts were allowed at WTC buildings.
3. Twin towers erupted volcano-style like roman candles. A gravitational collapse pulls things down, not up, not sideways and most certainly does not turn solids into ‘dust’.
4. Cell phone calls from flights were impossible in 2001. Also, Ted Olson claims his estranged wife Barbara Olson called him ‘collect’ from an in-flight phone which can only be activated with a credit card (which he claims she did not have, that’s why he said she called collect!)
5. Why again did WTC-7 ‘collapse’ (and WTC-6 blow up?)??

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I've seen some good information, and we have many who are close.

As an added bonus.... if someone can come up with 5 major points that are simple, direct, and easy to understand that point to conspiratorial concerns leading up to 9/11, I'd be inclined to award two prizes of 250,000 points.

OK Skeptic, My Lord, I have finished my first attempt at this second challenge, trying to keep it simple, short and conversational?
Though I'm sure in my compulsiveness, I'll work on refining it more, simplifying it, or adding the more simplistic points mentioned in my opening paragraph, but not expounded upon...

anyway...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It is difficult to know where to start with the facts that preceded the attacks of 9/11, which clearly indicate a conspiracy and cast doubt on the official stories of 9/11. I will present 5 basic facts of current indications of conspiracy leading up to 9/11 here.

First, one should not underestimate the principal players in US foreign policy under the current Bush administration: Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz. Among others, they are members of the "Project for a New American Century" and have been instrumental in developing long-running plans for worldwide military dominance, including an invasion of the Middle East, dating back to Bush Sr. and some administrations prior to him. They reiterated their agenda "to increase defense spending significantly, and to challenge regimes hostile to our interests and values." in the late 1990s, and stated a clear intent to invade Iraq for the purpose of regime change. After 9/11, they lost no time in doing so, by tying Iraq to the attacks and implementing their goal in full force.

PNAC

Also, lets not underestimate the importance of knowing that the USA PATRIOT Act was written before 9/11. Yes, that is before 9/11. Homeland Security was also developed long before 9/11 and plans for rounding up dissidents as a means for suppressing civil disturbance have been in the works for decades. 9/11 was used as the pretext to create the new executive authority to declare anyone, even American citizens born and bred, an "enemy combatant" for the purpose of detaining persons indefinitely without habeas corpus, and to allow imprisonment in secret prisons where even torture is practiced.

Now, aside from those mentioned agendas, lets talk money and meetings on and leading up to 9/11. It is known that the Pakastani intelligence agency ISI, is the creator of the Taliban and close ally to both the CIA and al-Qaeda. Now, knowing that, one should be aware that senator Bob Graham and congressman Porter Goss were meeting with the ISI chief, Mahmud Ahmed, on Capitol Hill on the morning of September 11th.

Also important to know, is that the ISI wired $100,000 to Mohamed Atta just prior to September 11th, through the ISI asset Omar Saeed Sheikh. Sheikh was later arrested for the killing of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl, who was investigating ISI connections to al-Qaeda. These facts, were basically ignored by the official congressional 9/11 investigation along with much of the report of the Congressional Joint Inquiry which was rewritten to exclude long passages regarding how the attack, or the network behind it, was financed.

Finally, there are the Saudi connections. The 9/11 investigations skate right over the fact there are long standing Bush family business ties to the Bin Ladin family fortune. The Carlyle Group, a company in which both families, Bush and Bin Laden held interests, just happened to be holding it's annual meeting on 9/11 with Bush Sr, James Baker and two of Osama Bin Laden's brothers in attendance. Then, the Bin Ladin family was given preferential treatment and airlifted during the no-fly period.

There are 5 facts of conspiratorial events and motives leading up to the actual attacks on 9/11 which are overlooked, unreported, and whitewashed by the media and in official investigations into 9/11, when not omitted completely.

911truthorg these 5 of 40 facts found here in a nutshell

(edited for grammatical error and to add links)
[edit on 22-2-2007 by 2l82sk8]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

--- update ---

I'll give 250,000 ATS Points to the member that creates the most eloquent, and concise list of 5 solid items, with irrefutable supporting evidentiary links.

ARGH!!! #%^@^@%&*^@*&GUYG*O&GH*O&TY!!OI!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering why people were including so much info...and lists and lists of links when it was supposed to be kept simple but articuate-like a convo in an elevator...

Now its too late to add links to my first originals...so maybe I'll copy them and add links and repost?

Off to add some links to my recent posts though *sigh*

I hate it when I get it wrong. :bnghd:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It is difficult to know where to start with the facts that preceded the attacks of 9/11, which clearly indicate a conspiracy and cast doubt on the official stories of 9/11, but I will attempt to begin with 5 basic facts, beginning with the historical facts.

First, one should look at similar historical terrorist events or plans. In 1933, Germany, a simple republic at the time, endured a terrorist attack of their parliament building supposedly by communist terrorists the Nazis claimed. That regime then immediately implemented their anti-terrorist agenda, which legislation included mandatory ID cards, gun registration, and terrorist centers—detention centers later used as death camps. They went from just a republic to an Empire due to that initiative from a terrorist attack.

germany 1933

Then in America we have Operation Northwoods of the early 60’s which describes the plans to imitate a terrorist attack to justify going to war with Cuba. There were plans to paint aircraft to resemble commercial airliners, and have the planes crash into buildings, and even sinking of our own ships, and blaming the Cubans. It was a plan that was officially drawn up, is now well documented, but never implemented…well not for its original purpose anyway.

Operation Northwoods

We can see however, similarities with Northwoods and 9/11 though, as eye witnesses of 9/11 claim the aircraft did not appear to be commercial aircraft, the aircraft crashed into buildings, terrorists were blamed, and thus we had the justification to go to war, just as planned in 1961 and presented in 1962, but this time with Iraq instead of Cuba. Not a hard game to play, you just chose who to blame.

Also, one should not underestimate the importance of knowing that the USA PATRIOT Act was written before 9/11 and Homeland Security was also developed long before 9/11. Plans for rounding up dissidents as a means for suppressing civil disturbance have been in the works for decades. 9/11 was used as the pretext to create the new executive authority to declare anyone, even American citizens born and bred, an "enemy combatant" for the purpose of detaining persons indefinitely without habeas corpus, and to allow imprisonment in secret prisons where even torture is practiced. Notice the similarity with the Germany in 1933.

Furthermore, there was insider trading of airline options and warnings and memos of those apparently in-the-know in government to loved ones not to fly on 9/11. Something was known, as something was planned.

Finally one should not underestimate the principal players in US foreign policy under the current Bush administration: Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz. Among others, they are members of the "Project for a New American Century" and have been instrumental in developing long-running plans for worldwide military dominance, including an invasion of the Middle East, dating back to Bush Sr. and some administrations prior to him. They reiterated their agenda "to increase defense spending significantly, and to challenge regimes hostile to our interests and values" in the late 1990s, and stated a clear intent to invade Iraq for the purpose of regime change. After 9/11, they lost no time in doing so, by tying Iraq to the attacks and implementing their goal in full force.

PNAC

911truth

mutiple facts on various videos

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2l82sk8
It is difficult to know where to start with the facts that preceded the attacks of 9/11, which clearly indicate a conspiracy and cast doubt on the official stories of 9/11, but I will attempt to begin with 5 basic facts, beginning with the historical facts.

First, one should look at similar historical terrorist events or plans. In 1933, Germany, a simple republic at the time, endured a terrorist attack of their parliament building supposedly by communist terrorists the Nazis claimed. That regime then immediately implemented their anti-terrorist agenda, which legislation included mandatory ID cards, gun registration, and terrorist centers—detention centers later used as death camps. They went from just a republic to an Empire due to that initiative from a terrorist attack.

germany 1933

Then in America we have Operation Northwoods of the early 60’s which describes the plans to imitate a terrorist attack to justify going to war with Cuba. There were plans to paint aircraft to resemble commercial airliners, and have the planes crash into buildings, and even sinking of our own ships, and blaming the Cubans. It was a plan that was officially drawn up, is now well documented, but never implemented…well not for its original purpose anyway.

Operation Northwoods

We can see however, similarities with Northwoods and 9/11 though, as eye witnesses of 9/11 claim the aircraft did not appear to be commercial aircraft, the aircraft crashed into buildings, terrorists were blamed, and thus we had the justification to go to war, just as planned in 1961 and presented in 1962, but this time with Iraq instead of Cuba. Not a hard game to play, you just chose who to blame.

Also, one should not underestimate the importance of knowing that the USA PATRIOT Act was written before 9/11 and Homeland Security was also developed long before 9/11. Plans for rounding up dissidents as a means for suppressing civil disturbance have been in the works for decades. 9/11 was used as the pretext to create the new executive authority to declare anyone, even American citizens born and bred, an "enemy combatant" for the purpose of detaining persons indefinitely without habeas corpus, and to allow imprisonment in secret prisons where even torture is practiced. Notice the similarity with the Germany in 1933.

Furthermore, there was insider trading of airline options and warnings and memos of those apparently in-the-know in government to loved ones not to fly on 9/11. Something was known, as something was planned.

Finally one should not underestimate the principal players in US foreign policy under the current Bush administration: Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz. Among others, they are members of the "Project for a New American Century" and have been instrumental in developing long-running plans for worldwide military dominance, including an invasion of the Middle East, dating back to Bush Sr. and some administrations prior to him. They reiterated their agenda "to increase defense spending significantly, and to challenge regimes hostile to our interests and values" in the late 1990s, and stated a clear intent to invade Iraq for the purpose of regime change. After 9/11, they lost no time in doing so, by tying Iraq to the attacks and implementing their goal in full force.

PNAC

911truth

mutiple facts on various videos

This is where we have to look. We have to look at the past.
I really like your approach. I was thinking of doing something similar but to me the points aren't really all that important. I like to pipe in when I can to try and make my point. Follow the money. It's all in the past.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You know there are a lot of facts that don’t add up when looking at the official story of 9/11. Most intriguing, and in contrast to, or casting doubt upon, the “official story,” are the following five issues:

1. The WTC towers collapsed demolition explosive style, instead of a typical burning or structurally damaged building indicating explosives and planning were involved. In all the rubble, and ash, and melted metal, inconsistant with the plane-caused fire, the hijackers passports were still able to be easily found.

physics

WTC designers statements

2. Flight 93 crashed and the debris field implies it was shot out of the sky as it was hemorrhaging debris over a wide area as if it was falling apart from a huge trauma before it crashed. This is more indicative of a plane sustaining war damage, being shot down, while flying.

Flt 93 truth

3. The Pentagon confiscated and delayed releasing tapes for an unreasonably long time, and when they did, it cast more doubt than it proved anything of the official story that a hijacked plane had crashed into it, as it still appeared as though it had been more of a missile strike, and indeed even Rumsfield in an interview slipped and said "missle."

oops! What did he say?

4. There were war games and terrorist exercises happening in New York on 9/11 including scenarios of suicidal hijackers flying into buildings such as the WTC towers. This kept those who would be, and should be, responding the actual threat unable to tell if the actual events happening were part of such war game exercises.

for 3 & 4 refer to:

pentagon, war games, top 40

and

war games/NORAD

5. Trillions of dollars were missing pre 911 from the Pentagon. "According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions" Donald Rumsfeld admitted. This was learned from a report of the Pentagon's inspector general. "Its own auditors admit the military cannot account for 25 percent of what it spends," reports CBS News. Just before a criminal investigation could ensue however, the terrorist strikes of 911 happened, not only refocusing attention elsewhere, but the strike on the Pentagon itself apparently wiped out any evidence of how much was missing, and where it could have actually gone to.

trillions of dollars lost

former CIA agent speaks out

These 5 facts alone, and their seperate and same sources, shed quite the dark shadow of doubt on the official story of 911.

edit for spelling & link issues

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
This is where we have to look. We have to look at the past.
I really like your approach.

I was going to go into Pearl Harbor too, but I was trying to have some variety and dind't want to harp entirely on the past unless it was all considered one point...but then I'd not exactly be being "concise" and keeping it short and simple as S. O. requested, yk?

Thanks for the feedback though!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join