It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw a Military Chopper flying low

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here in the city, i noticed a chopper, one that looks like this,

i could CLEARLY see it. I ran back inside to grab my camera and got a bad pic. wish i had it on me like i normally do, go figure.

It was really loud, we got a airport to the south, but it's only regional, and no commerical planes fly in anymore. who, knows maybe it's just the national guard training.

Just thought i'd share, ill post the pic when i get it developed.

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
A Blackhawk then? no military bases near? is this the first time that you've seen one going around?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSpallacus
A Blackhawk then? no military bases near? is this the first time that you've seen one going around?

no there aint no military bases near, yes it was a blackhawk, green camo colored, no weapons on it. it was a "whomp, whomp", sound, if i was 2 blocks down, id a been right underneath it.

Ive heard them before a couple times at night, never got to see one in the daytime, except today

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
and i KNOW, IT WASNT THE HOSPITAL CHOPPER, Ive seen that thing a million times, in air and on the ground. It was a blackhawk. I remember once at my parents on the lake, i heard one and saw it flying over the lake. (Which the hosptial chopper cant do because its only a single-engine.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
if you heard them before must be some sort of regular training thing. hopefully someone on here that lives near you should be able to help more than me

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
But whats the biggie?

I live near Special Forces training Base..

Theres dark grey helicopters are around all the time..

Just another day i had 2 Mi-8s flying in formation directly over my house less than 100m above.

I did mention that on the ATS chat when that happened..

Nothing special to that exept that noice and vibration is something else..

Also theres hospital with helipad less than 1 km away..

And military choppers visit it all the time..

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I always think it is very neat to see any military circraft in flight, ecspecially up close. I live about in the middle of Buckeye MOA, summers are great, F-16's all over the place.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
But whats the biggie?

I live near Special Forces training Base..

Theres dark grey helicopters are around all the time..

Sometimes I hear very loud choppers, I never get pictures of them, but they look kind of dark and larger-sized. they are kind of low, I can't estimate because i'm bad with height, but i'd say lower than your average Helicopter. I'm sure I don't live by any bases, because I don't think there are any in Flint, and certainly not any within a 20 mile radius of me.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Military aircraft, of any sorts, fly everyhere throughout the U.S. all the time. Training missions, flights from one base to another, not necessarily using the same flight paths, landing on commercial runways due to possible engine problems--

Sounds a bit paranoid to me--

If you grew up military--served in the military--and live near a military base--you would probably think a bit differently--

I LOVE hearing the sound of choppers--it's a beautiful sound--ours of course.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Just another day i had 2 Mi-8s flying in formation directly over my house less than 100m above.

A couple of years a go, something like 8 military chopper flew over our school at a very low altitude. Good thing I was sitting next to a window

Isn't the Finnish army supposed to get new choppers shortly, or am I just hallucinating?

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   
A few years back my son an I went fishing we walked to a place near the house but still a nice little walk, while yelling at my son because he took me through what had to be the most copperhead ridden place I could imagine I looked up and flying at really low altitude was 2 solid black helicopters no markings at all and they seemed quite interested in us, they hovered above us then flew away and came back, can't even go fishing without the ba$tards spying on you.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 03:43 AM
link   
around the end of september a group of 6 military style helicopters flew over my house only about 50ft. above the trees.thats not to odd considering there is a training base approxiamatley 30 miles within my location. i just thought i would let people in on that bit of info.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 04:07 AM
link   
About choppers: When you can hear the wop,wop sound the copter is approaching, as it passes and starts going away you hear the engine sound, not the wop, wop blade sound.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
wow, choppers are a rare site in this day and age....

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
A HELICOPTER???? I work for UPS, and was delivering out in the sticks one day....about 20 miles east of Birmingham, Al...anyway, it was kinda cloudy and rainy that day, and when I stepped out of the truck, I heard an loud and low airplane above me....naturally being a former Naval Aviation brat, I looked up and flying at about 500 feet above me was an AWACS plane!!...now since they closed Fort McClellan a few years ago...the only base is an ANG Air Refueling base at the Bham airport....short of that there is nothing ...so tell me....What is an AWACS doing flying around the middle of nowhere???,...I assume it was operating because the radome was spinning

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
the radome always spins on the AWACS, its an aerodynamic surface and must be turning in order to get the right airflow over it. its also to cools the equipment inside. i would expect that it was landing at the airport, since the operational profile of an awacs is to be as hig as possible. its vitually useless at low altidude, since the apeture angle of the radar would make for very limited coverage. think of a cone shape eminating from the dome, the higer up you are the larger the base of the cone, therefore the larger the coverage.

Also, i used to work on Helicopters before moving to Air to Air tankers, and now combat jets. we used to do all kinds of things when we went up on check flights after maintenance. hovering over peoples hosues, locking autoplilots onto fishing boats to practice Search and Rescue techniques, etc. military choppers are mostly designed to fly low, its colled NOE flying, Nap Of the Earth.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Beingwatched by them

Take a deep breath and repeat after me....."They are not coming to get me".

Blackhawks are the workhorse of the Army. Much like the Jeep used to be. The point of the machine is go anywhere ....fast ... low.

Remember, if you can hear it, it's nothing to worry about. It's the things that you can't see and don't hear that are the problem.

top topics

join