It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To P.M. Howard, "Put Up Or Shut Up!", Send 20,000 Australian Troops to Iraq!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
War of words between PM Howard & Senator Obama has sparked yesterday When PM Howard openly declared his hope that Obama won't win and won't become the U.S. president. He said that if Obama wins, it would be disastrous for the war on terrorism. Obama spokesman says "It's easy to talk tough when it's not your country or your troops making the sacrifices,''

www.news.com.au
Mr Obama, speaking at a packed press conference in Iowa today, said if MrHoward was concerned about the situation in Iraq he should send 20,000 Australian troops to the strife-torn nation.

would also note that we have close to 140,000 troops on the ground now and my understanding is that Mr Howard has deployed 1400,''Mr Obama, who next year could become the first African American to be elected US president, said.

"So, if he's ginned up to fight the good fight in Iraq, I would suggest he calls up another 20,000 Australians and sends them up to Iraq.

"Otherwise, it's just a bunch of empty rhetoric.''

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

U.S. Presidential race knows no boundaries. The upcoming presidential election in the U.S. went as far land down under to U.S. ally Australia to be involved in an unusual war of words.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Johnny has a big stupid mouth. He needs to butt out of the US Presidential election campaign and gear up for his own campaign. He ain't all that popular downunda either.

I would not like to see any more Aussie troops in Iraq...we did not start this conflict and we sure as hell should never have been involved in the US President's WOT in the first place.

No offense intended
as I am saddened by it all

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Go Obama!

I'm glad to see that Obama actually has the cajones to fire back like
that at Howard.

And really, when did the Prime Minister of Oz have a say in the U.S.
elections, I don't like Howard personally, but I would'nt attack him
like that.

new topics

join