It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Images

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hey All,

Been checking out a lot of spage images lately - amazing. Wondering if you all had any sites you could recommend for general space images like this these:

hubblesite.org...

TY in advance

[edit on 2/11/2007 by lagos]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
feel free to post up some of your favorite images and links!

hubblesite.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
An undying beauty. Yes, www.space.com has a large and varied photo collection. What and where We are is an amalgam of awe, illusional mystery, and ataraxical ecstacy... awesome, the sum of all awe

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Not much, I usually use the ESA site, and now I am "collecting" the photos from Mars posted in the HiRISE Operations Center.

And I think you posted this in the wrong forum, there's a forum for space exploration that I suppose is the right one for this kind of post.

PS: excellent pictures, I would love to have a BIG telescope and spend the nights just watching the sky.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
And I think you posted this in the wrong forum, there's a forum for space exploration that I suppose is the right one for this kind of post.

and feel free to post space pics w/ ufo's in em to make this thread fully relevant to the forum.

O maybe I can change the topic to UFO air space images.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
you can get some really nice photos from webshots desktop, just google it and you can download it. You can also use the pis as a screen saver, which is very cool!!!

[edit on 11-2-2007 by BugZy]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Try here, its where i get some really interesting images

are the pictures here real? all of them?

some look faked to me...

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Those pictures absolutely blow my mind. The amount of galaxies you can see on the second one is just amazing, my brain almost explodes!

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Some are composites others are rendered images. Read the caption at the bottom of each photo, it is written by an astronomer.
Its a NASA website, so you be the judge on whether they would fake an image or not

Originally posted by kingkingking

Try here, its where i get some really interesting images

are the pictures here real? all of them?

some look faked to me...

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
wow, they are some nice pics, there is so much in the universe thats cool to look at and see.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeVision
Those pictures absolutely blow my mind. The amount of galaxies you can see on the second one is just amazing, my brain almost explodes!

When your brain recovers, check this one out:

(using it for my desktop right now)

and yeah I noticed the bright mothership in the middle of the image - lol

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Thats it, my brain has just turned to mush. I wonder what that bright light in the middle is, any ideas? Could be a star or just another galaxy?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
get all my space pics here at space.com.They got wallpaper and all the coolest pics you could ask for.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Don't be deceived, galaxies really do not appear that way. They are colorized to show depth. I'm sure most of you know this already, just a friendly reminder.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeVision
Thats it, my brain has just turned to mush. I wonder what that bright light in the middle is, any ideas? Could be a star or just another galaxy?

for your brain - think you'll be ok if you hit the reset button.

(makes it kind of tough to concentrate on mundane things w/ this image on my desktop)

About the bright light, I'm thinking its radiating from a star towards the center of the closest galaxy in the image.

hubblesite.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
wrong forum category man,

This should go in the space exploration forum not the alien and ufo's forum.

Just thought i would point that out.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by coronamoz
Don't be deceived, galaxies really do not appear that way. They are colorized to show depth. I'm sure most of you know this already, just a friendly reminder.

good call man.

"Taking color pictures with the Hubble Space Telescope is much more complex than taking color pictures with a traditional camera. For one thing, Hubble doesn't use color film — in fact, it doesn't use film at all. Rather, its cameras record light from the universe with special electronic detectors. These detectors produce images of the cosmos not in color, but in shades of black and white.
Finished color images are actually combinations of two or more black-and-white exposures to which color has been added during image processing.
The colors in Hubble images, which are assigned for various reasons, aren't always what we'd see if we were able to visit the imaged objects in a spacecraft. We often use color as a tool, whether it is to enhance an object's detail or to visualize what ordinarily could never be seen by the human eye."

hubblesite.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
wrong forum category man,

This should go in the space exploration forum not the alien and ufo's forum.

OK - here ya go...

July 17, 1992 - Earth Orbit, GEOS-8 Satellite, Space

"Background Information / Description:

CHILEAN TV STATION AIRS SATELLITE'S 400 KM UFO VIDEO:

On Tuesday, January 26, 1999, TV viewers in Chile were astonished when a Santiago station broadcasted satellite video images of disc-shaped UFOs measuring hundreds of miles in diameter.

The video images were aired by Television de la Universidad Catolica (TV-UC) on Canal (Channel) 13. The video footage was shot by Geostationary Orbital Environmental Satellite 8 (GOES-8) on two separate occasions a few years ago.

According to Chilean ufologist Luis Sanchez Perry, the program "showed an infrared photo taken by GOES-8 on July 17, 1992, clearly showing a large disc-shaped object in outer space above the Pacific Ocean in front of (just west of) the Chilean coast."

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
man it's the wrong forum pure and simple.

You show pictures of space...

Space exploration forum is more suited for the purpose of your thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join