It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious and Paranoid - Caller ID on mobile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hello to everyone, I have read these forums after various searches on google and thought why not join.

Here is my paranoid question.

I have watched many many online movies about 9/11 and visited Alex Jones's infowars.com site many times. I suppose I'm really intrigued by conspiracy theories and like to delve a bit deaper. I have also watched many videos regarding ufos and secret societies which I find very interesting. I suppose what I'm getting at is the fact I visit the "unusual" sites in the search for possible truths. Basically I'm open minded in the search for truth. Now to my question.

Am I being watched. I mean, I am out of the bubble and researching for myself so is it possible I should be monitored.

I know I sound really paranoid but the main reason for asking is that when I recieve a phone call from my wife at home which is programmed into my mobile phone as my wifes name, the caller id appears as anonymous. It never used to. This has happened on my last 2 mobile phones.

I am not X directory, my home number is listed in the phone book.

I know I'm probaly just being paranoid but I just can't figure it out. Does anyone have an explanation for this please. I suppose it could just be a faulty land line.

Please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong forum.

Thank you

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It's actually possible that your carrier just has cell tower issues. I use Sprint and have never had that problem. Buuuuuuuuut,

What you would REALLY have to worry about if you ever made too many waves is getting a call from your wife at an exact moment when your hands are full and she says something that doesn't really amount to anything and then cuts the call short. ("Gotta go, I'll talk to you later)

THAT'S paranoid, but it happens. If you wanna know who is theoretically on the other end of the line in that situation, watch that part of Terminator II when Arnold grabs the phone from John Conner and speaks in his exact voice, "What's wrong with fluffy?"

Anotehr one is if you get a similar call from wife or friend and they just happen to say something related to exactly what you're doing at the time.... and also cuts the call short. THAT'S paranoid, but also happens. And sadly, you'll never read about any of this in conspiracy books or on the net.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by Edward Rose]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yes you are being watched, i know this for fact because it is me that is watching you. I can see you at your computer right now, you just ate a chip that you dropped on the floor, gross dude

Lol no, im sorry im just kidding. i just couldnt resist.
you know whats funny is, i went through the same thing on a temporary bases after watching that old movie, conspiracy theory

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edward Rose
It's actually possible that your carrier just has cell tower issues. I use Sprint and have never had that problem. Buuuuuuuuut,

What you would REALLY have to worry about if you ever made too many waves is getting a call from your wife at an exact moment when your hands are full and she says something that doesn't really amount to anything and then cuts the call short. ("Gotta go, I'll talk to you later)

THAT'S paranoid, but it happens. If you wanna know who is theoretically on the other end of the line in that situation, watch that part of Terminator II when Arnold grabs the phone from John Conner and speaks in his exact voice, "What's wrong with fluffy?"

Anotehr one is if you get a similar call from wife or friend and they just happen to say something related to exactly what you're doing at the time.... and also cuts the call short. THAT'S paranoid, but also happens. And sadly, you'll never read about any of this in conspiracy books or on the net.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by Edward Rose]

Edward,
On the last day of 2006 I got a phone call on my cell while at home. I answered offcourse, but there was no one responding back. And they it hung up after I stood silent for 2 seconds. I opened up an online service that checks phone numbers against a adress database. I get an adress thats located about 220 kilometers away from me. It seemed like just an avarage couples adress. I was to chicken to call back

30 days later, almost to the hour. I get a phonecall on my cell while at home. I pick up and says "Yea ´ello" - NO ANSWER. And click it hangs up on me. This time its a cell-phone number. I check if theres an adress for this number .... I almost crap my pants when I notice how close it is to the adress of number that called on Dec.31 2006. Upon further inspection the adresses are only 4kilometers apart! (7-8miles I think)

Should I be Paranoid?
(this really happened)

I also had 2 similar calls in August and September 2006. But that was to my home number, so I didnt get their numbers at that time. Someones playing with me.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This may be a one liner, strick no-no or it may land me some points. lol

Dude, relax... sounds like you pissed some chick off to me.

There is no worse wrath than a woman scorned.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Little One
This may be a one liner, strick no-no or it may land me some points. lol

Dude, relax... sounds like you pissed some chick off to me.

There is no worse wrath than a woman scorned.

You may be right, at least in the case of the aug-sept calls. I didn´t piss a girl off though... I might´ve made a mistake however.

new topics

top topics

join