It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historian Bennett finds Obama's use of Lincoln symbolism ironic.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
here is a video of a black historian saying it is ironic that obama used lincoln to project his presidential candidency.

Google Video Link

i have heard elsewhere that lincoln was not as for blacks as your media portrays. it seems like at least one black historian finds it ironic that obama would want to be associated with lincoln, and states that if lincoln had his way, that there would have been no blacks in america.

whats your views on this, as i am a european, most of us are not clued up on your civil war. but i assume some here have looked into the true intentions of lincoln over his media projections by your leaders today. what were lincolns true motives to blacks, in america.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
here is a video of a black historian saying it is ironic that obama used lincoln to project his presidential candidency.

Google Video Link

i have heard elsewhere that lincoln was not as for blacks as your media portrays. it seems like at least one black historian finds it ironic that obama would want to be associated with lincoln, and states that if lincoln had his way, that there would have been no blacks in america.

whats your views on this, as i am a european, most of us are not clued up on your civil war. but i assume some here have looked into the true intentions of lincoln over his media projections by your leaders today. what were lincolns true motives to blacks, in america.

Is this more FUD/smear?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
When Obama said that he just compared how lincoln was a relatively unexperienced politician from illinois when he won the presidency, and how he also doesn't have much washington experience. He never even mentioned anything about slaves or black people. What is this guy trying to prove? Lincoln didn't plan on freeing the slaves...does that make him bad? Just because someone doesn't plan on doing something heroic doesn't make it any less heroic. I'm sure lincoln didn't want "all the blacks out" because that would be a big chunk of the workforce. At least lincoln had the balls to make a big change, unlike the hamsters that run washington now.

All this talk about race pisses me off and prolly pisses obama off too. I mean your trying to win a candidacy and get your points across and all people see is skin color and how its going to effect everything.

I remember a reporter asking him how he feels about hillary getting the majority of the black vote, like black people will automatically vote for him because he is black. He answered it well when he said that he has to work for black votes just like he needs to work for white votes... just like anyone else does.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Mushroom Fields Forever]

new topics

join