It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blasphemy Challenge

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
I think the mere blatant disrespect and disregard for people of Faith and taking their faith and doing something at face value is indication of a depraved mind and childlike in nature
Blatant disrespect?? - Why should I respect a faith I dont believe in?, respect a faith that tells me I'm wrong and that I'm going to hell?, respect a faith that thinks it has a duty to try and convert me? etc etc. Just because you have faith doesn't mean I should care or respect it.

Maybe they could do some new Videos....

We know racism is wrong. Would these same people go and slander people of other ethnic origin in a video?
OK you go first.

How about we add to the Video this...State your full name...
Address God..and tell him you know your doing this in full defiance of something they happened to read in the Bible.
NO problem but why would I address a mythical deity as if it existed????

Mans Arrogance....wow...
Yes, we are ALL guilty of that.

Is it really any wonder that we have the problems in the World today that we do?
All created by religious intolerances from yesteryear.

G

[edit on 21-2-2007 by shihulud]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The Universe and The Earth we live in..with all the living beings and kinds are truly a miracle..whether you believe in God or not.

Do you not see the perfection of life around you?
Do you not see how every detail down to the petal of a flower is taken into account?
Do you not see that mankind wrought misery...not God..

and if you dont believe in God..and you indeed think hes a mythical deity..

well then..

This mess is all mans doing. Because after all..

according to your quote...God is a mythical deity

But think again...

There is nothing mythical about war
There is nothing mythical about the 600 Million Homeless worldwide
There is nothing mythical about every 3 seconds someone starves
There is nothing mythical about the 6 million starving Children a year
There is nothing mythical about the 40 milloin children homeless in South America...

You spout Religious Intolerance to blame? More like Scapegoat of ignorance.

Christ was about love and feeding the poor. Taking care of the needy. Giving your coat to your fellow man.

Is wanting to help people in misery mythical?

Peace

[edit on 21-2-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

The Universe and The Earth we live in..with all the living beings and kinds are truly a miracle..whether you believe in God or not.
I tend to agree with you that the universe and everything in it is truly a wonder to behold although I wouldnt use your phrase ' truly a miracle' as that would make 'miracles' commonplace and therefore not really that miraclulous.

Do you not see the perfection of life around you?
Do you not see how every detail down to the petal of a flower is taken into account?
Do you not see that mankind wrought misery...not God..
As Douglas Adams is quoted to have said " Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? " and I tend to agree with him.

and if you dont believe in God..and you indeed think hes a mythical deity..

well then..

This mess is all mans doing. Because after all..

according to your quote...God is a mythical deity

But think again...
I you look up the meaning of myth its states:
3 : a person or thing having only an imaginary or unverifiable existence

Note the use of the word UNVERIFIABLE - that is a word that relates to all the deities of the world so therefore, Yes god is a mythical deity.

There is nothing mythical about war
There is nothing mythical about the 600 Million Homeless worldwide
There is nothing mythical about every 3 seconds someone starves
There is nothing mythical about the 6 million starving Children a year
There is nothing mythical about the 40 milloin children homeless in South America...
If you put it that way then your god is a bastard letting all this crap happen to the people of the world especially when most of them are religious

You spout Religious Intolerance to blame? More like Scapegoat of ignorance.
LOL Christianity has been the most intolerant religion on this planet and through its intolerance has killed millions and retarded the growth/prosperity/intelligence of most of the world.

Christ was about love and feeding the poor. Taking care of the needy. Giving your coat to your fellow man.
What christ would that be?? There has been plenty of messiahs - anointed ones - christs

Is wanting to help people in misery mythical?

Peace

[edit on 21-2-2007 by HIFIGUY]
Not at all, helping people is a noble cause but religious affiliation makes no difference to peoples moral and ethical outlook i.e. an atheist can be more compassionate to his fellow man than some christians.

G

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Not at all, helping people is a noble cause but religious affiliation makes no difference to peoples moral and ethical outlook i.e. an atheist can be more compassionate to his fellow man than some christians.

And I rest my case...for Christ said he came for the unrighteous, not the righteouse for they were already doing right.

To do right on ones own is a good thing. But as you can see the world isnt in total agreement on that, faith based and not.

As far as God being a bastard..Please have some respect, if not just a little. The earth is a wonderous place, but its not without its trials.

I can tell you I was a man who kind of used to believe in God...
My prayers went to the effect of, God, if your there, please help us, and if your not, I wish that you are. Either way, we need help. Agree?

The situations at hand here on Earth that have resulted in atrocity are ones where people help themselves regardless of effect to others.

We were to tend to the Earth...God or no god...With Global warming and pollution, it appears that we need to start using our better judgement in addression systems that benefit mankind and not merely a select few.

Let put a positive spin on it..because after all..we all live on the same Globe of life.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

And I rest my case...for Christ said he came for the unrighteous, not the righteouse for they were already doing right.

To do right on ones own is a good thing. But as you can see the world isnt in total agreement on that, faith based and not.
The thing is though, being a good person is not based on religion or in another way religion does not create good people. Goodness is an inherent trait in most humans due to the benefits that it provides - it has absolutely nothing to do with god or jesus or any other religious idea. Plus the idea of good and evil is subjective so has even less to do with religion.

As far as God being a bastard..Please have some respect, if not just a little. The earth is a wonderous place, but its not without its trials.
What???? If it was anyone else that stood by while the populace killed each other in their name or watched millions of people die then yes even you would label them a bastard. Just because happens to be your 'benevolent' deity that loves everyone that I'm decrying doesn't mean it doesnt deserve labelling. Also I cant have respect for something I don't believe in.

I can tell you I was a man who kind of used to believe in God...
My prayers went to the effect of, God, if your there, please help us, and if your not, I wish that you are. Either way, we need help. Agree?
Help in what sense???

The situations at hand here on Earth that have resulted in atrocity are ones where people help themselves regardless of effect to others.

I totally agree - but most of the time there is a religious undertone to these peoples beliefs. George Bush for instance "god told me to attack Iraq" - fruitbat!!!!!

We were to tend to the Earth...God or no god...With Global warming and pollution, it appears that we need to start using our better judgement in addression systems that benefit mankind and not merely a select few.

Let put a positive spin on it..because after all..we all live on the same Globe of life.

Peace

I totally agree again, but there is no reason for any religious ideology to come into it. The world can become a better place without the interference of religion.

G

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Originally posted by shihulud

As Douglas Adams is quoted to have said " Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? " and I tend to agree with him.

And you are entitled to your opinion. But recall..I never said " Fairies "
I merely was speaking in the context of looking at the world around you.

LOL Christianity has been the most intolerant religion on this planet and through its intolerance has killed millions and retarded the growth/prosperity/intelligence of most of the world.

Ok..so you make the above statement about Christiatinty shaping the world and being intolerant....

Not at all, helping people is a noble cause but religious affiliation makes no difference to peoples moral and ethical outlook

But then turn around and say that Religious affiliation makes no difference?
The intolerant Christians shaped the World yet Religious affiliation makes no difference..

Well which is it? Does it make a difference or not?

Peace

[edit on 23-2-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

And you are entitled to your opinion. But recall..I never said " Fairies "
I merely was speaking in the context of looking at the world around you.
Yeah but think of the garden as the Universe.

Ok..so you make the above statement about Christiatinty shaping the world and being intolerant....

Not at all, helping people is a noble cause but religious affiliation makes no difference to peoples moral and ethical outlook

But then turn around and say that Religious affiliation makes no difference?
The intolerant Christians shaped the World yet Religious affiliation makes no difference..

Well which is it? Does it make a difference or not?

Peace
[edit on 23-2-2007 by HIFIGUY]
Well in the first instance I was referring to the crusades, the inquisition, the spanish conquistadores and such like while in the second I refer more to the modern age - two entirely different things.

G

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join