It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blasphemy Challenge

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I just found this while having a rake through the Richard Dawkins website.
Its hundreds of videos with people denouncing the holy spirit/ghost so that they have done the unforgivable sin. Hey you even get a free 'The God Who Wasn't There' dvd for participating.

Here is the original website. Here is the Youtube playlist with all the videos.

I wonder how many of them are actually christian???

See what you think!!

So come on everyone join in the Blaphemy Challenge today (and sign your soul over to hell LOL). The dvd's worth it in itself - I would have done it for nothing.

G

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Blasphemy is the salvation of the world, shihulud, and that is why
the #1 cause of atheism is christianity

we needed something false to believe in so that some would not/could not/determined to never believe things such as 'One UNIQUE son of God' an 'invisible God' and some sort of third family member that is both a 'he' and a ghost - a ghost given up and forsaken by Jesus the ONLY Son of a LIVING God (who, incidently had to die to get to God?)

I see the illogic in that completely - i do not believe in christianity - it is the Grand Delusion. However, I knew God before i was born and God knew me before even that.

we cannot deny one another
but we cannot bear witness of one another, either!
Catch-22 incarnate

Athiests have powerful minds because the rely on logic - these are the unknown wizards who do not even realize they are powerful mages

believers have stagnant minds, usually - they will not reason and they also refuse to allow their imagination to make God alive in their hearts and furthermore they take a pre-packaged God idea and keep in the box never opened - these are both the prisoner and the guard

agnostics just don't know - these are the liberators and the parents of free spirits and their hearts and souls are pure and kind

then there is 'me' - a loner with a restless mind who believed above all that failure is not an option and with God ALL things are possible because God IS love
i just think and care little about anything but YOU and your thoughts - i hear them and add them to mine
and i grow and i hunt and i learn and i teach
alone
therefore eye AM

thank you for your blasphemy and disbelief shihulud and your refusal to give up your right to a sound mind and free will.

may love bless you abundantly!

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
That many people who live that sad of an existance is depressing. Of course if others can see how big of a idiots they look like then maybe it was all for the best.

He should be afraid..Now he really should be.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It's hard to think of anything more pointless; from both perspectives.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
That many people who live that sad of an existance is depressing. Of course if others can see how big of a idiots they look like then maybe it was all for the best.
Maybe they think the same way about people like yourself - that you have a depressing existance in servitude to some mythical faith based entity.

He should be afraid..Now he really should be.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Royal76]
Now, who would He be??????

G

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
It's hard to think of anything more pointless; from both perspectives.

You get a free DVD out of it!!! What more could you ask for? LOL

Maybe people just like to show that they dont care about religion and its all encompassing drivel.

Many years ago 'god' would have smote people for less - wonder why it doesnt happen nowadays????

G

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Why is it that with this sort of thing it always seems to be about Christianity? I didn't see someone denying Muhammed/Allah, or a Hindu God. Honestly, at times I think some atheists only consider Christianity, then decide not to believe that.

Of course they could be denying christ because they really are muslims, hindus, Buddhists, Jews etc.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Why is it that with this sort of thing it always seems to be about Christianity? I didn't see someone denying Muhammed/Allah, or a Hindu God. Honestly, at times I think some atheists only consider Christianity, then decide not to believe that.

Of course they could be denying christ because they really are muslims, hindus, Buddhists, Jews etc.

Incase you never bothered to read the links - Its a blasphemy challenge denouncing the holy spirit, you know the unforgiveable sin!!. The holy spirit and unforgiveable sin is only christian based so it makes sense that it is denying christianity dont you think??

G

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Anyway, if you don't believe and are convinced that jesus or God don't exist, whats the challenge?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Many years ago 'god' would have smote people for less - wonder why it doesnt happen nowadays????

G

Nowadays, God IS love.
Goddess Love

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Anyway, if you don't believe and are convinced that jesus or God don't exist, whats the challenge?

the challenge is to show that you are willing to do this and put a video of yourself doing it in a public forum

most people don't realize exactly how much of a stigma is attached to being an atheist

because only christianity has both a pure salvation message and a 100% guranteed to get you sent to the fryer sin

also, it's because it's an american site
in america, the biggest religion is christianity

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yet again you show your ignorance by not reading the links given in the OP but since you cant be bothered I will get the information for you

ATHEIST GROUP LAUNCHES $25,000 SALVO IN WAR ON CHRISTMAS
"The Blasphemy Challenge" Rewards Participants For Demonstrating Non-Belief On YouTube

Los Angeles -- December 14, 2006. As part of its ongoing War on Christmas, the Rational Response Squad has launched a $25,000 campaign to entice young people to publicly renounce any belief in the sky God of Christianity.

Called "The Blasphemy Challenge," this campaign encourages participants to commit what Christian doctrine calls the only unforgivable sin -- blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. (The "Holy Spirit" is an invisible ghost who Christians believe dwells on Earth as God's representative.)

Participants who videotape their blasphemy and upload it to YouTube will receive a free DVD of the hit documentary THE GOD WHO WASN'T THERE, which normally sells for $24.98. Beyond Belief Media, the distributor of THE GOD WHO WASN'T THERE, has donated 1001 DVDs to the Rational Response Squad for The Blasphemy Challenge.

G

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I did read the links earlier, but i must of missed some of it.

It seems to suggest that to celebrate Christmas you have to believe, but many who do not still seem to anyway.

...to entice young people to publicly renounce any belief in the sky God of Christianity.

Called "The Blasphemy Challenge," this campaign encourages participants to commit what Christian doctrine calls the only unforgivable sin -- blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

If you believe, then you aren't going to do this. If you are an atheist, then you will probably do it because it means pretty much nothing anyway to you. And if you denounce your faith like this to get a free DVD? Well it shows you didn't really believe it in the first place.

madnessinmysoul
the challenge is to show that you are willing to do this and put a video of yourself doing it in a public forum

most people don't realize exactly how much of a stigma is attached to being an atheist

I think I see the point a bit better now, the fact that it requires more thought than just saying that you are an atheist.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
who's the douche that started that site? what a sad pathetic life he and others like him live.:shk:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
nevertheless

God IS

always

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
who's the douche that started that site? what a sad pathetic life he and others like him live.:shk:

wow
talk about bigoted ignorant statements

someone trying to unite a group under a common voice through an act of relative courage isn't sad and pathetic

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I found the side a bit sad, yet disturbing.

What if...

leaving my personal beliefs out of this but playing "devils advocate" pardon the pun, but wouldn't it be better to err on the side of caution than to just straight up blasphemy?

cause it would suck, not believing, dying, winding up at judgement day just to get tossed into hell, then thinking uhm wait a minute this aint supposed to exist.

would be a big surprise, and regardless of everyone's beliefs, I think we all will be surprised once we cross to the other side anyhow. I just don't wanna tempt fate so to speak.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
i do not believe in christianity - it is the Grand Delusion.

Oh noez, they got you too annie?

You see.. the evangelical movement and the right wing politico-conservatives give Christianity a bad example. So does Catholicism..

Catholicism is bass-ackwardz, Most of its core beliefs and practices are introduced by men for earthly reasons. A lot of lying went on when the Bible was compiled.

Catholic Church is like the #1 closest modern thing to the Beast in Revelation. They murdered so many in Medieval times, and even after..

But Jesus himself, and his disciples, what they had was not this evangelicalism, this catholicism. They had pure Christianity, and most of its teachings fall to the way side in modern churches. Especially some I speak of.

This turns so many away from the truth, that Yeshua actually is Meshiach and will have a 2nd coming. And it turns them to idolatry.. idolizing the dead or dying flesh image of a man with physical likeness to Yeshua.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Runetang - thank you!
i wasn't clear in my statement.

I totally believe in TRUE PURE christianity (the ankh not the crucifix of wraith)
I believe in life not death
I believe in love as a remedy for condemnation
I believe in Jesus
I believe in Christ
I believe in LOVE
I believe in God

The three are = the ONE
LOVE

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang

But Jesus himself, and his disciples, what they had was not this evangelicalism, this catholicism. They had pure Christianity, and most of its teachings fall to the way side in modern churches. Especially some I speak of.

Jesus was not trying to create, nor did he want a religion. This is a mistake to think this.

I am a pure spiritualist, sure I have deep celtic roots and have certain ways of commune. I have no religous affiliation though.

You do not need to be a follower of christ to be christ-like.

You have to have the mind of Christ.

He did not want people to use his crucifiction to be a sales tool!

We will all find out the signifigance of the symbol of the cross during the crossing at 11:11 PM Universal Time.

The winter solstice of 2012 (the crossing) happens at 11:11 P.M. U.T. according to the United States Naval Observatory. This is why people are noticing 11:11. I use this example because your signiture references that time.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by LoneGunMan]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join