It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
• liger = male lion + female tiger
• tigon or tiglon = male tiger + female lion
• mule = male donkey + female horse
• hinny = male horse + female donkey (jenny)
• zorse = zebra + horse (This only works with a male Zebra and a female Horse and not the other way around)
• zonkey or zebrass = zebra + donkey (ass)
• cama = camel + llama
• catalo or beefalo = buffalo + cattle
• yakalo = yak + buffalo
• wholphin = whale + dolphin (specifically a false killer whale and a bottlenose dolphin)
• Toast of Botswana = goat + sheep
Obviously this deserves some clarification. While a sheep can be impregnated by a goat, the kid/lamb is always stillborn... except in one case in the early 1990s. This animal was nicknamed the Toast of Botswana. Since it was the only one ever known to have lived, no other name has been given to a goat/sheep combination.
• humanzee - there have been numerous reports of human/chimpanzee combinations, but none of these have been confirmed
• several species of cats can be bred including: lion/leopard, lion/jaguar, puma/leopard, bobcat/lynx, caracal/serval
• several species of canines including domestic dog/wolf, coyote/wolf, domestic dog/coyote
• several species of monkeys and apes can interbreed
• several species of deer and antelope can be interbred
• several species of snakes can be crossbred
• wild and domestic pigs can crossbreed
• African elephant and Asian elephants are known to have bred once in the past