It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Has Built "Suicide" Drones Capable Of Attacking U.S. Naval Ships

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Remember that we once destroyed half of their surface fleet in one day. If someone did that to me I might come up with new ways to fight the battle, Especially if I projected that much hatered for them.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth
Yeah, somehow, the word "suicide drone" does not seem to fit.

How about "Disposable drone"?
: But wait, most of the drones should be disposable (Although some of US military drones can cost a fortune, still too much just to be disposable)

What else can we call it? Kamikaze drones?

Cruise missile wannabee. I find it laughable how Iran is screaming that it is just protecting itself from US agression. Maybe they have a guilty conscience about how they treated our people in 1979.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

I believe this is what they are refering to as the "suicide drones."

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Could they get close enough with a radio controlled platform to launch an exocette type missle?
the hellfire type combo they use in afghanistan works admirably

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR...The pinnacle of cowardice, honestly.

The pinnacle of cowardice is picking on Iran in the first place. I didn't write Pax Americana, and I didn't vote for the current leadership. Iran's leadership, OTOH, is posturing their country into obliteration, that is if they think they can beat us down with their current technology.

But sure. I'll take the blame if it makes you happy. Like my grandpappy used to say, "see you in hell!"

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I've posted these on a previous thread, but since the topic has come up again, I'll share these plans which were smuggled out of Teheran.

The really scary thing is the amount of raw materials the iranians have to work with. They could literally build millions of these UAV's.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
That's awsome, my favorite instruction is this one,

"Breathe warm air on the flies. A miracle is happening! Your flies that were frozen a moment ago are now coming back to life again."

Who writes this stuff, pay him more! I originally thought that there would be human rights implications but what the hell since miracles are happening here, I think the idea is pretty much bulletproof!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
And it would be easy for the iranians to scale the design up for larger and larger UAV's or "suicide drones" by just making the frame larger and adding more (and larger?) flies.

When they called it a "suicide drone", do you think they were talking about the flies?

[edit on 2/12/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So, what do you call Cruise Missiles?

Are their missions not "SUICIDAL"?

This is seriously disturbing article, to which I can only laugh my a$$ off.

Poor people who fall for this kind of paranoia-propaganda.

I just can't decide which side of this story is funnier to me.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11...Matyas people had similar attitudes towards Japanese aircraft before Pearl Harbour only after Asia had fallen to Nippon did people realize how wrong they had been.

The only place where I can forsee underestimating Iran is their pull with the rest of the Arab World. Their people don't want it, we don't want it, but the leadership does.

I can't think of any reason, maybe war by proxy, but then who will our puppets be?

Now a cold war with China with Iran as proxy, I can see that! What a great boon to the US, bringing back the manufacturing jobs! Now to just beat down opposition by Wal-Mart and Exxon...

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
By the way, why the Iranians so concern about the U.S. navy? I think they should be more wary of the threat that is coming by land. U.S. should be able to attack Iran efficiently from Iraq. So the US navy does not really need to face the danger of Iran's threat (If there is any)
Just my 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth
By the way, why the Iranians so concern about the U.S. navy? I think they should be more wary of the threat that is coming by land. U.S. should be able to attack Iran efficiently from Iraq. So the US navy does not really need to face the danger of Iran's threat (If there is any)
Just my 2 cents.

Why waste men, materials and fuel?
when you can send in an endless stream of missiles?

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Yeah it does make sense. Iranians should know the capability of the U.S. Navy & they know that it has tremendous power. Experience wise, Iran had a long term war against Iraq. They have survived long years of war and their battle front was the Iraq/Iran boundary. This could be the same front for the U.S. if there will be an invasion coming from Iraq to Iran. But, we'll never know really. The Iraqis were made to believe during the first Iraq war in 1991 that there will be an amphibious assault by the U. S. Marines in Kuwait beach. U.S. Navy SEALS had to stage some explosions in the Kuwaiti beaches being held by Iraqi to look like there is an invasion from the sea.

A little bit of psychological and some commando operations forced some big Iraqi divisions to move from the real target of the invasion. Most of the Iraqi units were sent to defend the beach from a Marine invasion that never came. It was a good strategy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join