It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(suspected) Iran bombs kills 170

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Breaking news on Skynews....

reports from the AP are stating that Iranian bombs have killed 170 US-Allied troops in Iraq. Sources are claiming that the bomb has been smuggled into Iraq.

(title refined)

[edit on 11-2-2007 by SkepticOverlord]

[edit on 11-2-2007 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
WTF? Surely you heard more than that! I checked skynews website, and nothing of this so far.... What else did they say?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Smuggled bombs not bomb from iraq have killed upto 170 is the claim.

When i first read your post i thought you ment a bomb from iraq had just killed 170 troops.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You've been here quite a while. Surely you know to put up sources. Do you have any sources on this. I cannot find this breaking news.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
it just came up again on Skynews...

im waiting for the report to come up.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
According to Skynew report clip, the bomb came from the highest level of command in Iran.

im still waiting for a online link

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
According to Skynew report clip, the bomb came from the highest level of command in Iran.

im waiting for the press conference which will produce an unexploded bomb which was found on top of the rubble with a 'made in iran' stamp on it.

probably wont have to wait too long

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Again SkyNews doing what they are the best for... propaganda. They are really preparing the world population for another war... Blair will try to do it before he leaves... those
they will rot in hell for sure.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

It is "bombs" infinite. I just saw it. It said according to US military intelligence sources, more than 170 soldiers have been killed by smuggled bombs from the highest command in Tehran.
Well let the Propoganda BS flow towards the inevitable, but most of us saw this coming before the Iraq war even started.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
According to a spokesman from American Military, the highest levels from within Iran have ordered sophisticated devices to be sent to Iraq. Because of this 170 troops have died.

This is just more Skynews Propoganda on Iran which will build over the next few months.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

According to Skynew report clip, the bomb came from the highest level of command in Iran..

ahhhh...dont you just love dancing to the beat of the war-drums...even if it's as manufactured as a pop-idol song

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Here's something on the BBC about it. Definitely going to be used as an excuse for war.

The US military has accused the "highest levels" of Iran's government of supplying increasingly sophisticated roadside bombs to Iraq's insurgents.

Senior defense officials told reporters in Baghdad that the bombs were being used to deadly effect, killing more than 170 US troops since June 2004.

The weapons known as "explosively formed projectiles" (EFPs) are capable of destroying an Abrams tank.

But its' 170 troops since 2004, not all in one fell swoop.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Here is an article pertaining to the Iran bomb situation

More than 170 Americans Killed by Such Bombs

The officer, briefing reporters in Baghdad on condition that he not be further identified, said that between June 2004 and last week, more than 170 Americans had been killed by the bombs, which the military calls ``explosively formed projectiles.''

I think the OP needs to edit the title of this thread..

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Breaking news on Skynews....

reports from the AP are stating that a Iranian bomb has killed 170 US-Allied troops in Iraq. Sources are claiming that the bomb has been smuggled into Iraq.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by infinite]

I think you jumped a little too quickly there infinite, numerous bombs on numerous occasions, totalling 170 dead US personnel.

We all know what this is.

Amazing how two countries who not too long ago were at war can join together when they have a far greater common foe.

P.R.C.S. - Palestinian Red Cross Society - Table of Figures

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This appears to imply they are about to go in.

The allegations were made in a briefing which had been set for last week. But U.S. defense officials said it was postponed so that the Pentagon could review the information to make sure it was accurate. That appeared aimed at avoiding the embarrassment suffered when evidence of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction presented by Secretary Colin Powell at the United Nations in 2003 proved to be wrong.

www.newsday.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well the war drums like another member already said are in full gear . . .

Lets hear what the war path happy Bush has to say in his radio address today Sunday . . . he always have something interesting to add to the targeting of Iran next.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have to agree with Vichillo.

This smells like wartime propaganda. All the necesary datails for this news item are present. Iran has the same kind of weapons so they must be from Iran. So Iran is responsible for 170 death and more then 600 injured. That leavs us only one solution. Attacking Iran.

It's so obvious but still, sooner or later it will happen

[edit on 11-2-2007 by buddhaLight]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
you know, i have absolutely no doubt that iran is very involved with the anti-US effort in iraq. of course when you get right down to it, this is not an excuse for war with iran. lets review for a minute:

korea: russian pilots fly migs against US f86s...no US response.

vietnam: again, russian personnel in both aircraft and SAM sights...no US response.

afganistan: CIA operatives providing stingers to afghans and in some instances actually participating in the combat...no russian response.

there is precedence here folks. i dont like it any more than any other american, but we've known this was going on for several years now, and it's no reason for war with iran. what we should be doing is running special ops against iranian assets in the war zone, as they are fair game once they cross the border, as well as beefing up security along the iranian border. but attacking iran would only make a bad situations worse IMHO.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
what we should be doing is running special ops against Iranian assets in the war zone, as they are fair game once they cross the border, as well as beefing up security along the Iranian border. but attacking Iran would only make a bad situations worse IMHO.

I agree, is many ways to stop the infiltration of weapon if the US present administration really wanted to stop them and do something about it . . .

But . . . we already know that our troops lives and the ones that have been lost are for a purpose, and that is to find the links to attack Iran.

My husband a retired Marine always said "We are all expendable" he has a reason for that . . . one soldier die . . . another will replace it.

That much the lives of our soldiers are value in war time by the profiteers and pushers of wars. . .

Only the Families and the people of this nation will remember them as heroes . . .

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The rumours and stories about Iran supplying arms to Iraqis has been around for sometime.

What is astounding is how blatant this propaganda is, they have actually managed to equate the exact number of US deaths, 170, specifically to Iranian bombs, and the public will buy it.

STOP THE WORLD I WANNA GET OFF.....!!!!

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join