It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Left At EastGate'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
To all the UK readers.

I finished reading this great book and I am thinking about taking a long 5 hour drive or so to the area one weekend in the summer to take photos and sus it out. The Bentwaters museum is opening in May.

www.bentwaters-as.org.uk...

I wonder about the underground facility there...or was Larry Warren messed with?

From what the book tells me is that East Anglia is a UFO hotspot and there have been many sightings since the December 1980 incident. Even the authors had a major sighting on the first night when they returned to the area to do research.

Anyone on here live near the area and can post up recent photos?

[edit on 11-2-2007 by SwingingMonkey]

[edit on 11-2-2007 by SwingingMonkey]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Dunno about continuing military presence but the Forestry Commission have apparently laid out a nice little trail just for visiting UFO enthusiasts..

UFO Trail

I've read many of the books on Rendlesham, and also read this one fairly recently, but I'm afraid that I felt it needed a heavy dose of salt. However, one thing did intrigue me in particular, which I found quite credible, and that was Peter Robbins's theory about the use of weather control apparatus at the site and a possible link to the great storm that wrecked so much of the woodland.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Left At East Gate is a great book. No matter what you think about Larry Warren's claims, it really is a compelling story that can't be ignored.
Even if you don't think much about Warren's story, don't forget about the other witnesses and their accounts.

One of the more credible witnesses was Lt. Col. Charles Halt, he was the Deputy Base commander of RAF Bentwaters/Woodbridge and was present on the second night. He retired from the USAF in June '92 as a Colonel.

Anyone on here live near the area and can post up recent photos?

I do not live in the area but I am quite close by. I have been to Rendlesham Forest many times, as well as RAF Bentwaters - you can find over 120 of my photos on my website.
www.rendlesham-incident.co.uk...

You can also read more about the incident there too, just go to the site's homepage.

Dunno about continuing military presence ...

RAF Woodbridge is used by the British Army now and then, helicopters are flown there sometimes too. I suppose you could say that there is a military presence. RAF Bentwaters is now "Bentwaters Parks" and is private land.

I wonder about the underground facility there...or was Larry Warren messed with

An underground bunker isn't really a silly idea, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of secret bunker under RAF Bentwaters.
You should get hold of the updated version of Left At East Gate, it was released December 2005 to mark the 25th anniversary of the incident. There is more information in the expanded book which supports the underground facility theory.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by JH80]

join