It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the story behind your user name?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Even though it's probably been done here, what's the story behind your user name?

Zodiac.. bacially because for a little period I was into the Zodiac killer, reading about him and being into how he was never caught, his codes, letters he sent antagonizing the SFPD, etc. Even though they think they know who he was now..
I'm not into him killing people or anything, just the mystique behind him. And if I ever feel like it, I can just use some explanation about being into astrology.. gypsies and horoscopes and whatnot.

And because I can't bother to come up with anything else worthwhile...

so, spill the beans..

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 04:29 AM
link   
My names Deep
And Zero, I always wanted to be called Zero as a kid.
Dont ask why, I was like 9 at the time.
Deep

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 04:47 AM
link   
SevenZeroOne...or 701, is supposedly the number of cases in the original "Project Blue Book" that could NOT be explained by ordinary means and could not be explained to the government's satisfaction, and to this day remain a mystery.

I thought it pretty fitting for this site, so, I stuck with it.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 04:47 AM
link   
For I have been on many- all over this world

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 06:33 AM
link   
This girl I was dating asked me to name her new teddy bear. Don't know how, but I just came up with quintar.
We both started laughing. Been using that Alias ever since.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   
There are a bunch of them here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

beergoggles is the nic my friends gave me after one too many "coyote mornings".

BG

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   
my name is samantha and I got called samantha the panther occasianally as a child amongst other things .
Panther is always taken hence pantha
I also go by purplepantha and spammyantha.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Was going to be the name of an Orc Shaman character on a MMORPG that never got up and running (Horizons). Since then, I've always been able to register it just about anywhere, without numbers attached to it, so I've used it alot. Nazrym and Dinin are other online monikers I've used in the past, and were likewise characters for such games.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Ok. I'm admitting my level of geekiness here, but. I'm into roleplaying games(Mainly Dungeons and Dragons). Years ago (10 or 12) I had a favorite character in the game, I named him Lanser. My first AOL (I've been AOL free since 1996) screen name was lan5er. All my screen names have been a variation on this name. I go by Lanser, Lanser X, and Darklanser.
I still roleplay, but I'll always like this character the best.

[Edited on 12-18-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Joe Hayner,

People just started to call me it in about 8th grade durring school. It stuck with me. I only use Joe Hayner as my name on the internet. I never use my real name.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I've always been a big fan of Charles Fort.
The guy who studied unusual phenomenon.
Thus the term "fortean" phenomeneon.
That's me.

[Edited on 18-12-2003 by fortean]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
once deciding to join ATS, I spent about an hour trying to come up with a name,

decided to come up with some workrelated and that could be ATS related.

I work in the Elevator industry and so I came up with

ELEVATEDONE ?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well mines obviuos is it not?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Leen is my first name and Bekkema is my last name, but still it was a hard choice and if you look closer you see Bekkemaa with 2 A's. That's because of a special reason, I signed up with my e-mail adress but it was one digit or something different. And so I needed to use a second name, and so I decided to do 2 A's.

So my name has got quite a history behind him, as you obviously understand

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Flinx is a character in a long-running series of sci-fi novels. Alan Dean Foster writes them.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Mine is because Chaos was taken... I have always used some sort of variant of chaos, because that is what life and the universe are... organized chaos...lol...love oxymorons. I tried a few others but in the end went with K_OS...

This is also what I am going to name my computer operating system that I design...
Of course I am just joking about the software... I can barely do any programming at all... um wait does anyone still use Q-basic...

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Obviously mine is from Star Trek TNG's Captain Jean Luc Picard

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
my name is Dan Price and I am big. Any futher questions can be directed to [email protected]. (yes its my real name!)

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My friends started calling "Prophet" after my always sacrificing myself & my spare time to help others. I've also had mini-visions of future events which 80% of the time come true.

I just added my name to the word prophet and you get...

prophetmike!

Sorry if my story was boring...

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
My name comes from the movie 'Bill & Teds Bogus Journey'.

Stations was these dudes.

and Stations Creation was the 2 Bill & Ted robots they build to battle the evil Bill & Ted.

I always thought it sounded pretty cool, so I use it for most of my internet handles.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join