It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wondering about humanoids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I Was wondering, I watched THE DESCENT yesterday night and thought if something like it can be possible, for the one’s that don’t now the movies its about a group of woman exploring a cave that they only learn later is unexplored form one of the group, later trapped after the tunnel collapsed they search for another exit, Discovering that they aren’t alone there deep in the cave a race of monstrous humanoid creatures that are adapted to the dark and the group of woman becoming there pray.

My fought is if it’s possible for a human to evolve so to adapt to an environment becoming more a creature the a human becoming blind because its dark and your udder senses tweaking scaling walls as if it’s normal.

I gust think it’s a interesting thing to think about if it is possible or are the creatures like it somewhere, what do u all think.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Deepsea fish who never see the sun have adapted by having fluorescent bactterial mechanisms in their skin that create light called bioluminesence" or not having eyes at all. The little bumps you see are their sources of light.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Theoretically, I'm sure that it could be possible that after perhaps thousands, if not millions, of year humans would be able to adapt to a pitch black environment such as the one you've described. However, the ways in which they would adapt could vary as wildly as your imagination will let them and could possibly include some form of sonar, bioluminescence or heat-sensitive vision among very, very many other things.

I mean, why not? Anything can be possible when we are speaking in hypotheticals.

Vast numbers of people that are blind and/or deaf are adapting. In many cases these people's other senses tend to be hyper-sensitive to help compensate. But that's adapting to a handicap, so I'm not sure how much it applies to this situation.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
From what I know, a domestic pig that has been lose in the wild for just a matter of weeks, can begin to change it's physical appearance, into that of a wild boar.

The hair immediately darkens, tusks grow out at accelerated rate, and the shock of hair appears along the spine.

That's a lot of change for such a short time.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horrificus
From what I know, a domestic pig that has been lose in the wild for just a matter of weeks, can begin to change it's physical appearance, into that of a wild boar.

The hair immediately darkens, tusks grow out at accelerated rate, and the shock of hair appears along the spine.

That's a lot of change for such a short time.

I know escaped pigs easily become feral, but I'm not so sure about the physical changes. It sounds interesting. Do you have a source?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I highly doubt that pigs adapt at such an extreme rate. There is nothing in their captive environment which would inhibit the growth of those features, and nothing in the wild which accelerate the growth of them.

Over a few generations it would definitely happen , but in a single lifetime?

new topics

top topics

join