It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My observations of freaky Sams Club

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Because I tried two times to make this thread but it got erased, I'm just going to write the short short version.

Observation 1: Why are there security guards at the customer service?

Observation 2: Why are there an unreasonable amount of cameras in the front?

Observation 3: Why are some aisles missing camera coverage even when theres a sign that says "we have cameras to protect you and us from theft"?

Observation 4: Why are the cameras in the back placed in random order?

Observation 5: Why every couple minutes the intercom comes on with this mumbling noise?

Observation 6: Why did the guy who checked my recit follow me out of the store to take my cart from me and put it away? Wasnt he supposed to be checking recites? (I already unpacked into my car)

Conclusion: Sam is either crazy, or the store is a conspiracy itself.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Observation 1: Why are there security guards at the customer service?

Why not have security guards at the one place where tensions are the highest?

Observation 2: Why are there an unreasonable amount of cameras in the front?

What does it matter? Its a store, they are entitled to have a guy walk around with each customer videotapping them if they want. Stores like Sams Club are huge, with large numbers of people rolling giant carts through the entrance and exits, they'd certainly want to have more cameras than a regular store.

Observation 3: Why are some aisles missing camera coverage even when theres a sign that says "we have cameras to protect you and us from theft"?

Sounds like they've made an error.

Observation 4: Why are the cameras in the back placed in random order?

What qualifies you to determine what is and isn't an approriate electronic surveillance schema?

Observation 5: Why every couple minutes the intercom comes on with this mumbling noise?

Seems pretty irrelvant. Its probably someone making an announcement over a poor quality speaker system.

Observation 6: Why did the guy who checked my recit follow me out of the store to take my cart from me and put it away?

He probably figured you wouldn't put it back neatly in its place.

How does any of that add up to a conspiracy?
Why say the only options are that the club is crazy or evil, maybe you are just wrong?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
i have a logical explanation for the cameras in the front of the store, isn't thats there all the tv's jewelry and computer stuff is kept. i mean it would be logical for that to be the most watched area and the security guards well just go steal something and you'll see what there for
(not advised don't steal) i like how your thinking but your just applying your self in the wrong places.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by neonine]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

quote: Observation 4: Why are the cameras in the back placed in random order?

What qualifies you to determine what is and isn't an approriate electronic surveillance schema?

Are you qualified?

Seems pretty irrelvant. Its probably someone making an announcement over a poor quality speaker system.

Ugh, other announcements were quite clear. The mumbling noise came on twice, both times I noticed different voices.

Observation 6: Why did the guy who checked my recit follow me out of the store to take my cart from me and put it away?

He probably figured you wouldn't put it back neatly in its place.'

There were no other carts in the cart holder where I was heading towards.

How does any of that add up to a conspiracy?
Why say the only options are that the club is crazy or evil, maybe you are just wrong?

Well what led me to those conclusions, were that no other department store I been to are like that, including Walmart.

Oh yeah and thanks for being a jerk, I didn't know observing unusual things of a store can really tick someone off.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by wildcat]

[edit on 11-2-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm kind of aware of my situation at most times. Trained observation, thanks to the Army.
Never counted cameras, though. That action seems kind of paranoid.
Just my opinion.
Why on Earth would you case the surveillance of Sam's ?

Wondering,
Lex

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Maybe you aroused suspicions because you were walking around making notes, mental or otherwise, of their surveillance/security measures.
That could explain why they walked you to your vehicle.
btw, i dont see how Nygdan is being a jerk just because he questioned your post.
Im not sure where you were going with the whole sams club conspiracy thing?
Maybe theyre running an illegal sweatshop that goes 16 levels below each sams club?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I was only looking for one thing, white castle cheeseburgers. They are in the back, so I was able to look around while I was going toward the back.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Like three years ago some idiot rammed his truck backwards into the front door of sams club and loaded up with stuff and made off with a bunch of stuff. He was caught due to all the cameras in the front of the store. 2 cents worth of info.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I work for wal-mart so maybe i can shed some light on your observations.

1) security guards at customer service. If the store is set up like the one i'm familiar with, the cash office is very close to customer service. So if it's a payroll day or a very high volume store, a lot of cash is going through that area.

2)unreasonable amounts of cameras. The front is where most of your transactions are taking place. They are looking for cashiers with sticky fingers and customers trying to pull scams. Also, it's where everybody exits. so if you have a shoplifter, that's your last chance for a good ID if he bolts.Also every bubble up there doesn't have a camera in it. They just move them around as needed.

3)aisles missing cameras. Most of your cameras in the retail section are going to be placed on areas of concern. First area is electronics. The most shoplifted items in any store like this are dvd's and cd's. The next areas will cover high ticket items and small easily pocketable items. And lastly will be high accident areas. On the average, the wal-mart home office gets served with 100 lawsuits a week because of accidents. The cameras help catch people trying to pull insurance scams.

4)Camera in random order. Whose to say what is random? There are certain places where we don't need them(sort of hard to make off with a washer/dryer combo) or can't have them(within a certain from dressing rooms and such)

5)mumbling over the intercom.Could be a couple of things. The person making the page speaks softly. A bad handset on the phone. There is an automated system that will pageout specials and such for that specific store/club that is downloaded from the home office and if that system calibrated since it's last reset, the results can be either to loud or to soft.

6)Following you outside. If it was security following you outside, i would say that with you paying so much attention to the cameras, they thought you might be looking for a camera blind spot and they were just letting you know that they see you just incase you were thinking about it.Since it was the door greeter, they were either real busy and needed the cart or he was real slow and needed something to do. Or he could of just not worried about and let all the carts build outside and let them roll around and ding your car(you wouldn't believe how many complaints we get about that)

well, i'm sure I bored you to tears with too much info,but you did ask

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
There's a friend of mine that worked for Sam's security for a long time. Sam's does not use only cameras that you can see. They also use pin cameras and covertly based cameras that you can't see.

They caught a big woman on tape with a camera just like that, she was wearing a dress and she put a vcr between her knees. She walked real slow in and on her way out of the store, you have to give her credit, it was a sneaky idea, but they caught her.

kix

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If you hapen to live in any USA large city, chances are the moment yuo hit the street yu are being videotaped, Malls, gas stations, heck even churches.... good thing I am 40 now, because when I was like 18-23 I had a lot of "outside" sex, now its almost imposible to do without being caught..!!!

Privacy is gone in this post 9/11 world....

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
That sounds like an odd experience. I dont know about you, but the Sams Club by me seems to be a Hispanic version. When I walk in, I feel like I have been magically transported over the border. If I have a question to ask, i have to search around for someone that speaks English.

If you want to trade Sams Clubs let me know, you can take this one.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I had a job where I monitored the security guards' radio traffic. One of the guards regularly had quite a number of mumbled, garbled transmissions, till he learned to take the radio off his belt when he picked up his girlfriend and drove out to the company 'picinic area'. Maybe that's the prob here??

And, I believe Sam died.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
you may want to go to costco or if you are in the east BJ's

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I don't understand how any of this adds up to a conspiracy. As said before, there are surveillance cameras for a reason. What's the conspiracy? To watch everyone inside? Maybe to take your shopping cart? I can see why this was deleted twice before. I don't see much of a conspiracy here.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thank you for the information everybody.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
A BJ'sWholesale door person is simply there till he qualifies for Homeland Security. Arsses.

They are there simply (Sams Club too) to make sure the check out clerks are doing their job. You miss something which was undoubtedly being concealed by the purchaser and BOOM!!! You're fired. I know someone who works at one.

As far as looking for cameras, i never do...I always feel like if i look like i'm casing the joint i'll call more attention to myself...and be followed.

By the way...if you're ever followed in a store, stop dead on your tracks and turn around and say "Do we know each other? I dont recognize you at all".

That has stopped people from following me around....not that i look like i should be followed or anything.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
The Sam's Club logo.

It uses the masonic double square. The regular square representing order and the crooked one for disorder. Ordo Ab Chao. And the red arrow (red for the higher degrees) points towards the M (for masons of course) which is on the blue square (representing the lower degrees); with the phrase "It's a big deal!" Because Masons are a big deal! The tip of the arrow, without the tail, is a pyramid. And just below "SAM" (MASon backwards) is a clu(e).

Is that enough conspiracy theory for you!?!? IS IT?!?!

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
That's enough for me

[edit on 14-2-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Unfortunatley we'll never know if I was joking. Anyhoo, this thread reminds me of the one about Wal*Mart.. here. And to tie these two together: Sam's Club is part of Wal*Mart!! dun dun dunnnnn.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join