It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget 'Infantry Miniguns', Get on this!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What is it?

-I dont think this is a one liner because it goes with the topic like peas and carrots.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Could you please elaborate? Explanation? Description? What is it?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
looks like something you can buy at a dollar store

"WARNING: small pieces may be swallowed by small children under the age of 6"

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Looks like an old Russian Pribor-3B in 7.62x39mm to me.

A failed attempt to match the design objectives of the US Special Purpose Individal Weapon (SPIW) proposal.

Acutally, both projects failed, it just took 15 years.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Retseh,

Though I don't like guns without better foregrip ergonomics than this one displays, the basic concept is not all that bad, you just have to apply a little imaginative interpretation and assume that the milky-grey lower unit is the builtin laser/FLIR optics mechanism of the XM-25 and the upper tribarrels are based on Metal Storm technology with a long central barrel firing 50-60 APERS rounds. The one on the right being dedicated to a 20-25mm grenade launcher (also ala OICW) with 5-10 rounds. And the one on the left being the equivalent 'utility/LTL' system so that you can take someone prisoner, fire across a crowd or loft a flare, TV camera, or doorkicker round.

Obviously, this is not quite as the Russians actually intended things (given the bullpup configuration and banana clip) but the potential is there, provided you were willing to carry the weight of magazines as three separate barrel systems around.

Of course you would probably want a new cheekplate, collapsing stock and trigger grip configuration (supposing you load the tubes from the back) plus some kind of rear mounted sight rail for combat optics instead of the stalky peepers shown. But if you look at it as being fired like a Thompson SMG rather than an M16, this is not altogether too hard to envision (very short weapon compensates for a lot of forward weight, an optional bipod being available for prone use).

Indeed, given SPIW was a 1960s program effort undertaken solely to keep the US Army Ordnance old fellers empowered after McNamara stole their Command from them, it stands to reason that the Russian gun would look comparably primitive.

KPl.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Looking at the name of the image from the properties menu its called a rippergun.. never heard of or seen anythig like it

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
My Guess: Meroka Pribor-3B Rifle

en.wikipedia.org...

The Pribor-3B was a three barrel rifle and was the soviet rival to the U.S. Project SALVO rifle programme. It was a Bullpup rifle and took the 7.62x39 round as used in the AK47/AKM Assault Rifles.

Not much of an explanation, but it looks like the same rifle and display case.

talks.guns.ru...

Perhaps Browno could elaborate on all this?

Edit: With props to Retseh, of course.

[edit on 2/11/2007 by Majic]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I would rather a metal storm gun www.metalstorm.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Already posted before by thread starter: Ripper Chaingun Cannon

*closed*

new topics

top topics

join