It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of a Flying Demon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
right......... that looks exactly like the " mothman" posted in
this thread earlier.

Here's the pic of the creature.

They seem to similar.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Looks like a bird to me, and i can believe in some whacked-out stuff.

Anything with wings looks like a bird. A bat looks like a bird from a distance, but it isn't. So, just because something looks like a bird does not make it so.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
That is probably a bird that is closer to the foreground than the buildings. Come on. If it was actually coming out behind the buildings it might be considered much larger, but its not.

Thats also easily photoshopped. I can show you some deviantart 'demons' that you would probably think were real if you didn't know that they came from deviantart.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'ld say it's a hawk or raptor type creature flying almost toward the camar with something in it's talons.

Personal pick is a hawk probably a red tailed or simular sized. What would be the "head/neck" of the creature is actually the right wing and the "tail" of it is that along with what ever dead thing is in it's talons.

This is of course just my opinion as it looks just like what I've seen several times (see alot of hawks around here daily).

Raist

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
That photo of "mothman" also seems to have the backward bending knee joints in its legs. It's a good possibility that it is the same type of creature. They seem to get around.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You do realize birds have backward bending 'knees' because the rest of their upper leg and real knee is beneath their feathers and usually covered.

www.clarkvision.com...

www.fws.gov...

look familiar?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ok, I'm going to try to help everyone right here. This does not look like a bird. It's a pretty awkward looking bird if I do say so myself.

The creature itself does not fit into the environment and I don't mean because it doesn't belong in the ecosystem, but I mean that the lighting and shadowing on this thing is different than everything else. There is not enough detail in the object to say if it's holding on to something with its "talons" or if it's even flying from left to right or right to left.

The object is behind the structures because if it was closer it would be very detailed and defined. The buildings we see are very detailed and defined which leads me to believe that the object if real is very far away.

Also to Niteboy, that whole "wings to body" proportion thing doesn't really work because there are plenty of creatures that fly with a mis-proportionate wing to body ratio. Look at bees for example.

Bottom line and from my own conclusion, there is simply not enough definition in the object to be able to make any clear distinctions into what it actually is, what it is NOT:

A bird.
A man with wings.
A plane.
A bag.
Some trash.
Possibly even real.

It is far too awkward for it to make any aerodynamic sense. Bottom line is, if it is real, then it is definitely a dragon or airborne serpent. It has more qualities to a reptile(judging by its silhouette) than a bird or anything else for that matter. Also, living on Long Island myself and about 40 minutes from Manhattan, I have never once heard about mysterious flying creatures on that day or seen any photos of this before today. I guess the world is larger than we thought.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Having looked at it, enlarged it, messed about a bit with, I have to say to me it looks like someone has possibly taken a pic of a bird/birds, cut bits off and moved them around, darkened and blurred/softened it and dropped it into the image. Why can we only see one wing? Surely given the perceived angle (well, my perceived angle anyway, dunno about anyone else) we should see the far wing also? I was also thinking it could be a bird carrying something in it's talons (beat me to it there Shattered).

Plus, I know what day it was and where everyone was probably going to be looking but you can't tell me that absolutely no-one in the area would have noticed a giant flying demon creature? I know that had I been in N.Y that day I would have been scanning the skies frequently for other planes heading for other targets.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Nice pic, I think it's a kite.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I first tended to agree that this was a bird. But on a second glance, Ithink that this object is somewhere behind the building indeed. I read the explanation about the lacking frame of reference, but it still looks to me that way. Also in that case this 'bird' would be huge (compare with the windows), and add to this the wierd leg shape. So no,I don't think it is a bird.

However, I would really appreciate if some imaging expert gives his opinion. I am more inclined to think it's photoshopped, than that I am seeing a photo of a demon or smth.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkiesThe object is behind the structures because if it was closer it would be very detailed and defined. The buildings we see are very detailed and defined which leads me to believe that the object if real is very far away.

With all due respect, you are wrong.

There are reasons for the lack of detail. The most obvious being the lighting. We are seeing the 'bottom' of the bird, the dark part. Couple that with it's size it's no wonder we don't see much. IE;

As for being badly defined, it's because the image is very poor quality. For a photographer the guy should be ashamed.

But on a second glance, Ithink that this object is somewhere behind the building indeed. I read the explanation about the lacking frame of reference, but it still looks to me that way. Also in that case this 'bird' would be huge

Please explain. Why do you think it's further away than the building?

[edit on 10-2-2007 by CaptainLazy]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
very interesting post!! BUT

this is a picture that is right in your face!! and needs the whole world to see!! quote " this is the best photo i have seen on this site !! "

click here ...>>> www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-2-2007 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
There are many creatures which are considered by many people to be purely myth and without actual existence. But there may be more truth to those so-called myths than such people realize. Cameras are becoming a great help in uncovering that truth behind things which some people thought were myths.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sotp
Having looked at it, enlarged it, messed about a bit with, I have to say to me it looks like someone has possibly taken a pic of a bird/birds, cut bits off and moved them around, darkened and blurred/softened it and dropped it into the image. Why can we only see one wing? Surely given the perceived angle (well, my perceived angle anyway, dunno about anyone else) we should see the far wing also? I was also thinking it could be a bird carrying something in it's talons (beat me to it there Shattered).

Plus, I know what day it was and where everyone was probably going to be looking but you can't tell me that absolutely no-one in the area would have noticed a giant flying demon creature? I know that had I been in N.Y that day I would have been scanning the skies frequently for other planes heading for other targets.

I'm with you on this one, not to mention such a phenomena that not one person seen this or came forward would have been 100% newsworthy.
Unless it was a spirit image that wasn't seen to the naked eye. Later shows up in camera or image. I have seen this happen even in my own photo's.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I see nothing more than a bird. Probably a hawk of some kind. I keep hearing that it's obviously next to the building in the background but no one has provided what reasons other than "it looks out of place". To me it's much closer to the camera, somewhere around 30-40 yards.

Here's what I see. If you disagree please provide why other than some one line dismissal.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by Snootch]

[edit on 11-2-2007 by Snootch]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Paradoxically, our age of skepticism, is becoming a kind of renaissance of ancient legends. The wide-spread availability and possession of recording equipment has resulted in the revival of many things which, for a very long time have been considered legends and myths. For thousands of years people have encountered creatures that were extraordinary, but all they were able to do was tell others about their experiences without being able to show them anything.

These reports developed into "folktales" which few people took seriously because the only knowledge of such things, to those who had not experienced them personally, came only through verbally recounting the incidents. That made it easy to dismiss them as mere "tall tales" and over-active imaginations. But things which are real do not go away simply because people do not believe in them.

So, many of these "myths" have endured over millennia, and things which stand up so well to the test of time usually have some truth to them. And sure enough, now, in this age of easily obtained and conveiniently carried recording devices, the things which have been considered myths for thousands of years, such as demons, ghosts, unusual animals, and even angels, are finally being delivered by more than mere word of mouth. The things which could only be talked about for millennia are, in our skeptical age, being visually recorded for millions of people to SEE. It is no longer so easy to dismiss these things as tall tales, or imagination, since tales and imagined creatures cannot be recorded in pictures and video.

It was inevitable because when something is real it will not go away, and sooner or later will be demonstrated to be real. For many things that were presumed to be "myths", that time, contrary to what one may have expected, has come in an age of skepticism and a very materialistic outlook on everything, with the help of the tiny device that combines telephone and camera and video recorder all into one, and which people take with them everywhere they go.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
very interesting post!! BUT

this is a picture that is right in your face!! and needs the whole world to see!! quote " this is the best photo i have seen on this site !! "

click here ...>>> www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-2-2007 by RUFFREADY]

Please don't take this the wrong way, but do you really think its appropriate to advertise your thread in someone else's thread?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i also enhanced it

the circles area is either a head or the other wing, the small square looks like a tail and the large one is a wing obviously
to me it looks like an Amphithere dragon

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think I found the guilty creature!!

Its Rodan!!

I think I am onto something. Heres what brought down the WTC.

I am converted

[edit on 11-2-2007 by T Trubballshoota]

[edit on 11-2-2007 by T Trubballshoota]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
One of the things that I find most puzzling about the creature is the absence of a clearly distinguishable head. It seems that right where the head should be, there is nothing. This may be because the creature could have been tilting its head downward to view things below and so its head is positioned in front of its torso and blends in with it. Or, the creature could be like some headless spooks that appear in haunted areas.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join