It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of a Flying Demon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLazy

It couldn't be a pigeon or a seagull because being behind the building on the right, it would be too large.

It's not behind the building on the right...

Anyway, heres some possibilities;

I see no reason to believe this is anything but a bird in flight.

Thanks for your analysis CaptainLazy. Those are some magnificent birds...and frankly, much more to my liking, though I don't think they are what is depicted in the photos I posted.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Kacen I see no evidence for it being a photoshop. Most likely it's just a bird imo. If you searched google images enough I'm sure you'd be able to find a picture of a bird in a near exact same position anglewise.

Edit for typos¬

[edit on 10-2-2007 by CaptainLazy]

I don't know it just looks kinda unnatural to me...I can usually tell I can't explain it.

Also notice its rather large and I doubt there are flying birds shaped like that and that large in New York city. It looks fairly far away yet it would need to be up closer for it to be a normal bird in that area.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Also notice its rather large and I doubt there are flying birds shaped like that and that large in New York city. It looks fairly far away yet it would need to be up closer for it to be a normal bird in that area.

Not only does it appear too large to be a bird it appears too large to be a man. Just look at the people in the foreground and calculate how much smaller they would appear at the distance of the winged "thing." Also, look at the windows of the building next to the demon and imagine a person in one of those windows and you can see that the creature would tower over them.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Also notice its rather large

I wouldn't be so sure. What are you using to work out it's size? To me it looks around about the size of the swan. If it really was 'behind the building on the right' as the quote stated, then it would be considerably harder to see. I would even go as far as saying it would be misted by the smoke from the rubble. But it's not.

Originally posted by Kacenand I doubt there are flying birds shaped like that and that large in New York city.

And I doubt that demons are flying around NYC. But I take your point, I am not a bird watcher. But I do have the internet.

So let's wee what info we can find on NYC birds;

www.nycbirdreport.com...

Here is a list of birds that can been seen around NYC: www.nycbirdreport.com...

In that list I find;

Tundra Swan

Mute Swan

Herring Gull

There is a whole bunch of species of Gull also that it could be. Remember how close WTC is to water. Non of the pics are gonna be exactly like the wtc one unless you search for hours.

Occam's Razor says to me, picture of flying creature the size of a bird = a bird.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
it's a bird and it's on fire
that's exactly what i saw in the initial pic

flaming bird
well, smoldering
it is smoking

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
More then likely its a Peregrine Falcon that tend to roost in several places. The Statue of Liberty , The Verrazano bridge and what used to be the WTC. More then likely the birds were in a panic that day.

edit: added pic

[edit on 10-2-2007 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
it's a bird and it's on fire
that's exactly what i saw in the initial pic

flaming bird
well, smoldering
it is smoking

Then it must be the Phoenix. It sets itself on fire every so often then begins a new life cycle after it has been reduced to its larval stage.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It looks to me like a bird that had its picture taken from a 'forced perspective'. This would make it seem alot larger than it really is.

An example, in the Fellowship of the Ring (movie) Gandalf and Bilbo are at a table and the size difference is clear.
When filming however both actors were in the same room at the same time. No CG was used but it achieved the same effect.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

If it were a bird it would have to be much nearer to the camera in order to appear so large in comparison to the windows on the building next to it. But if it were that much closer to the camera then the details of the bird would be much clearer and easier to identify. Any seagull or falcon would be easily identifiable if they were as near to the camera as they would need to be to appear that large next to that building.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

And I doubt that demons are flying around NYC.

Actually I wasn't defending the opinion that it was a demon I was defending the opinion that the pic is photoshopped/fabricated.

[edit on 2/10/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Not a bird, the way the figure is curved and by it's wings, there is no bird on this planet that I have ever seen with legs/tails that curve up and down then up.

If you are going to figure out if it's a bird, we need to look at the wings most specifically and rule out any birds who do not have a joint in the middle of its wings that bend forward. A herring has those kinds of wings for example, but it's legs do not bend backwards in flight. Most bird's necks don't bend back while in flight. They usually peer forward for better flight.

The creature in question does not look like it would have a good time flying, it is very awkward in the air.

The image of a Dragon is very different than that of a Demon. Imagine a demon like an evil angel basically. A dragon is a creature who's myth has been distorted through different cultures. Hard really to call a dragon or serpent a demon because they mean different things in different cultures and religions. Hard really to pin-point what a dragon is really supposed to be like.

Edited to include insight on size referencing:

It's almost impossible to figure out a scale that the size of the object in question can be measured from because of the angle. There is nothing around it that can be of any reference, we don't know how far away it is from the largest building in front of it, and we don't know how high it is from the building beneath it if it is directly beneath it.

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 10-2-2007 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Isn't there supposed to be some kind of signature that identifies when a picture has been photoshopped? If it isn't photoshopped then that is one heck of a big flying demon cause that thing is on the farside of the building as best as I can tell. A bird it is not.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
As far as signatures with photoshopping goes, I do believe there is a distinct difference in real photos from photoshopped ones, however I lack the resources and the necessary knowledge to begin to pick this thing apart.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
We mustn't forget that there were also eye-witnesses to this creature. Now THEY would make some interesting interviews. The reports of the witnesses were that there were flying men, that's plural. So there was more than one of these creatures seen in the air by people who were there. And, really, if you look at the general outline and proportions of the winged creature, it does have the outline of a man with wings. The general length of the body is proportional to that of a man and the wings appear to originate at the shoulders where we would expect upper limbs to begin.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So multiple people reported seeing many of these? If they did their stories would be more well known if you ask me...

Although this seems to be the case with UFOs...they're never that well know to the general public no matter how big the incident is...

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay The general length of the body is proportional to that of a man and the wings appear to originate at the shoulders where we would expect upper limbs to begin.
[edit on 10-2-2007 by SkyWay]

But I seriously doubt that this is the "size" of a wing needed to provide the necessary lift to fly. I also seriously doubt that this is the "size" of the "human" to possess the muscle mass and strength necessary to fly. Further I doubt the object (a bird) to be deeper in the photo than the last building.

It is a bird. Even if it was a human, based on the proportional ratio of the human vs. wings, I would still say impossible.

What is it anyway for you that makes you think it was a demon? The fact that it is a man with wings during the aftermath of an event that you personally feel to be cataclysmic? Or because you feel that anything you see as "evil" should automatically prescribe to the notion of demonology? and not the study of angels?

It is something personally religious that you are automatically assuming to be absolute to determine the physical characteristics of a "demon". It does not make sense otherwise to assume this is the shape of a demon unless you are referring to Christian beliefs. The Hindus, for one, do view the aspect of a demon in a sense that is different from your own. What do you use to explain the import of your claim, over one of a Hindu showing the shape of their own demonic characteristics?

[edit on 2/10/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It could be worthwhile to locate that building and ask some of the people who work in it if they saw that thing flying outside their window. The creature was so close to the building, and the day was quite clear, so something that large gliding past at the 15th floor would be rather hard to miss. They may be the witnesses who reported seeing the "creature."

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Looks like a bird to me, and i can believe in some whacked-out stuff.

It is the same case as the 'Mothman' photo that i posted yesterday, just a photo of something completely innocent coming out as something more unnatural.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
What is it anyway for you that makes you think it was a demon? The fact that it is a man with wings during the aftermath of an event that you personally feel to be cataclysmic? Or because you feel that anything you see as "evil" should automatically prescribe to the notion of demonology? and not the study of angels?
[edit on 2/10/07 by niteboy82]

I can tell you that the characteristics that are attributed to demons in Christianity are apparent in the creature in the photo. As I indicated in my first post, the creature has bat-like webbed wings and legs that bend backwards like the hind legs of animals. These are characteristics of demons. Also, the appearance of the thing at the time of such an evil event. These things point to the demonic according to Christian spiritual teachings.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I dunno...looks like King Ghidorah to me.

Any reports of lighting shooting from the "demons" mouth?

The figure just doesn't seem to appear right...it looks out of place in that image.

-The Big O

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join