It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fresh beef: rapper "50 cent" vs rapper "cam'ron"...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
it seems that rapper "cam'ron" has pissed off "50 cent" during a radio interview...

in response, 50 cent released a track called "funeral music" poking fun a cam'ron...

cam'ron then released a track called "bugs monkey" in response to 50's track...

both tracks can be heard hear:

linky (look for the "featured audio" box and look for the two tracks there)...

additonally, 50 cent has made a "street music video" of his "funeral music," which can be seen here:

linky (youtube)...

[edit on 10-2-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
here is the video with "cam'ron" calling in when "50 cent" was participating in an interview:

linky (youtube)...

and here is some information to BTSers not familiar with the two men:

"50 cent" (wikipedia) and his "G-Unit" (wikipedia) rap group...

"Cam'ron" (wikipedia) and "The Diplomats" (aka "Dipset") (wikipedia), the rap group that he founded...

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think this feud, And all rap-based feuds are quite retarded and idiotic

[edit on 10-2-2007 by Disgustipated]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
s'all bout records sales mah nizzle.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disgustipated
I think this feud, And all rap-based feuds are quite retarded and idiotic

yes...

grown men wasting their time by spitting hate towards others via songs is a waste of time...

but, its all business

Originally posted by Lysergic
s'all bout records sales mah nizzle.

most definitely...

and it might also have to do with fragile egos

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
here is a transcript of the conversation between "50 cent" and "cam'ron:"

linky...

i like this part:

50: ...You getting ready to cause a whole different situation. Watch this.

if you read the transcript, you will see that cam'ron was really trying to get a rise out of 50...

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I could kill 50 lyrically...
that was trash... those punches sucked.. (punch lines)
what'd he write that in 5 minutes?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
I could kill 50 lyrically...
that was trash... those punches sucked.. (punch lines)
what'd he write that in 5 minutes?

haha...

i liked the beat of "cam'ron's" track and the actual content (and i am a g-unit fan too)...

i also liked 50's though too...

here is something:

Cam'ron Discusses Beef With 50 (streaming audio)...

This Saturday night (Feb. 10), Cam’ron calls Hot 93.7 in Connecticut with DJ Big Man and DJ Craig G to discuss the beef.

Oh yeah, according to Cam, there's a video in the making in response to 50's.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
here is an additional "cam'ron" interview:

linky (streaming audio)...

if this evolves into a g-unit and dipset beef, i would feel as if i have foresaw it in a way...

think about it, the two biggest groups in rap right now are these two factions...

its only a matter of time until superpowers fight each other, right???

plus, when "the game" left g-unit and did that "one blood" remix with jim jones (of dipset) and many other rappers that beef with g-unit, i thought that this in itself would evolve into future beefs and diss-tracks...

any thoughts about this???

[edit on 11-2-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think beef is all about media hype leading to increased sales. 50 is supposed to have a new album coming out soon, and he just wants to get his name back in the media stream to keep it fresh on peoples minds.

Eventhough the beef is whack, the video for funeral music was rather amusing and very amateur looking.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
I think beef is all about media hype leading to increased sales. 50 is supposed to have a new album coming out soon, and he just wants to get his name back in the media stream to keep it fresh on peoples minds.

of course...

the first "beef" (which was, as i remembered, a ploy) between "the game" and "50 cent" / g-unit, right before "the game's" first album came out, was a great tool to boost sales for "the game"...

the two men actually held a press conference discussing the beef and making peace, which eventually failed horribly...

Eventhough the beef is whack, the video for funeral music was rather amusing and very amateur looking.

i thought it was funny too...

and, yes, it was a very armature looking because it was, as i stated earlier, a "street music video" (which basically means it might never air on television channels like "mtv" and "bet" and the like...

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
here is a nice online article interviewing "dipset's" "freaky zeeky:"

Freaky Zeeky - "So Harlem Pt. 1" (xxlmag.com)...

A few weeks ago 50 Cent visited the Angie Martinez Show and called Koch Records, the indie label the Diplomats are signed to, “a graveyard.” Your Dipset partner Cam’ron called in to chat with 50 and defend Koch. Things got a little hectic…
So Killa’s in the crib, King Jaffe Jo, listening to Hot 97. We out here working now ’cause he’s the head, no homo, dude, and now we just get him cake. Anytime he hear anything that sounds like it’s gonna destroy Diplomats or it got some type of conflict with Diplomats… ’cause right now, Jim is the number one person on Koch. That “Ballin’” song is the hottest song in America. [Cam] heard 50 Cent say something in that factor. The first light bulb that flashed in his head was when [50] said Koch is the graveyard. Second, he said he’ll destroy the best artist on there. Jim is the best artist on there. He just reacted. This is just old school brotherly love since we was little. We knew each other for over twenty years. That’s like if we walking in the street and somebody was like, “Yo, ***k that n****, Jim.” Bong! I’m smashing the n****. It’s aggressive competition but at the end of the day, n***** is making money, n***** is out the street, really.

removed explicit content...

and:

Do you think 50’s words were out of order?
I’m saying, he don’t know what he talking about, yo. He just mentioning s*** ’cause at the end of the day Prodigy is on Koch, so how you gone call that the graveyard and send them there? Basically he’s just rambling because he don’t know there’s other smart people out there and he figure he could throw a couple things out there and people on different record labels don’t know too much about different artists. But we cover everything, we on every scene, that’s why we still do what we do on a high level.

removed explicit content...

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a response to "cam'ron's" diss: "G-Unit Member Nyce Disses Camron & J.R Writer"...

Yo, have ya’ll heard my boy Nyce from G-Unit/Infamous Records. For all ya’ll that don’t know him, he a emcee from Southside, Queens. He been riding with Mobb Deep and G-Unit for a minute now. Anyway Nyce has a new track, it a diss to Camron and J.R. Writer.

"nyce's" diss track can be heard here:

linky...

it looks like this is quickly evolving into a full-blown "g-unit" vs. "dipset" war

by the way, i love competition like this (as long as it doesn't result in actual violence)...

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
in related news:

"Fitty Stares Down Mogul Irv" (nypost.com)...

February 14, 2007 -- THE feud between Irv Gotti and 50 Cent threatened to erupt into violence at Universal Music chairman Doug Morris' Grammy viewing party at the Palm restaurant in L.A., across the street from the Staples Center. "It was like the Cold War," our spy said. Fitty won the stare-down. Instead of hanging out with Sheryl Crow, Akon, Prince and Jon Bon Jovi, Gotti - the former head of Murder Inc. Records - paid quick respects to Morris and beat a hasty retreat. Gotti signed a deal with Universal, the same company that distributes 50 Cent's G Unit Records, shortly after he was acquitted of tax evasion in December. Before the ink was dry, our insider said, "Irv started bad-mouthing 50 Cent, saying he was going to outsell him and that 50 was nothing. Irv even went so far as to say he was going to be the next president of Universal. It all got back to 50 - and other executives at Universal - and no one is happy with him right now. Especially 50." Gotti's lawyer, Jerry Lefcourt, told Page Six, "He has never said anything about 50 - it's just somebody bringing up old stuff."

and here is a youtube link to a behind the scenes of "cam'ron's" video shoot for his diss track:

linky...

EDIT:

check this out too:

www.camerongiles.net...

its a site poking fun a "cam'ron"...

[edit on 14-2-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
"g-unit" member "mase" has a new diss track aimed at "dipset"...

the track is called "immortal" and can be heard here:

linky...

for more information, please see this link:

"Mase - Immortal (dissin Dipset)"...

Is Mase immortal, well I don’t know? But I do know that Mase has just release another new diss, dissin Dipset. The new Mase track is called Immortal and has just been release today and it seems that everyone is getting at Dipset, from 50 Cent, Jay-Z, Nas, Tru Life to Nyce, 40 Glocc and now Mase, lol.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
here is the video for the "curtis" diss song:

linky (youtube)...

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
i think this is a staged beef to gain publicity

on the other hand, killa cam a funny nigga

"you look like a gorilla with rabbit teeth"-camron
LMAO@that line

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by biotic
i think this is a staged beef to gain publicity

on the other hand, killa cam a funny nigga

"you look like a gorilla with rabbit teeth"-camron
LMAO@that line

yeh, that line goes over most peoples heads..

a Gorilla with rabbit teeth.. (Eminem, = Rabbit) ..
like just some voice with eminem helping him lyrically.
good diss

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
yeh, that line goes over most peoples heads..

a Gorilla with rabbit teeth.. (Eminem, = Rabbit) ..
like just some voice with eminem helping him lyrically.
good diss

w0w...

i didn't know that that was about eminem too

i just thought it was about 50's physical appearance...

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
50 cent is garbage, and he even dare diss my nigga Yukmouth, Yukmouth squash that fool, he even scared to come to da Yay area, he know he gonna get his punk ass shot down.....50 disrespectful mutha he dissin Fat Joe fo no reason, Jadakiss, he sayin he wrote Game album? Well he shoulda wrote his own crap, cuz its wack as hell! Yukmouth got da West goin, he even squash most of his beefs, he said, you got a problem wit me, see me on da streets.

Datz dat, 50 got money, but he ain't got respect, he stay off da turf, and don't be thuggin, just because you got a few pennies don't mean you can take a vacation for da rest of yo life....if you a real thug that is. Which he CLAIMS to be. Fake ass nigga.

As for eminem, his voice sounds crappy, hella annoying, the kinda sound I make when I put my fingers over my nose, no offense, some of his songs is ok, but most of da crap, he voice sounds like trash, and da beats ain't dat good eitha......

oh yeah, and to 50 and Em, quit tryin to be Tupac, ya'll know he was da realest, you can neva take his place, so lay off.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join