It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Target Iran: US able to strike in the spring

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
zurvan

As has been said the US would not intend to invade just take out infrastructure, far less costly.

In weeks with mostly air power the US destroyed, yes destroyed the Iraqi Army. It has done that twice.

Iran was at war for years with the Iraqi Army and never beat it, even with the brainwave tactic of sending in 14 year old boys walking towards machine guns armed with a copy of the koran.

Motorcycles might be good for display teams, the Brits got the White Helmets, but even a tight assed, cash strapped British Army wouldn't send them into combat. Although with the shortages maybe we should, along with the Guards Regiments in their finest Ceremonial Red and Gold.

The US mistake was thinking they could control the security on the ground.
WW2 occupied Europe had insurgencies, not so many suicide attacks, they valued life too much. Even the treacherous Vichy France with all its pro Nazi toadies had security issues. It is how it has always been. The only way to stop it would be to kill all the people and some ancient peoples did indeed do this, the bible mentions it and in south America some of the indigenous people practiced this.

The Yids have wiped people out before and this time they have (apparently) quite a size nuclear arsenal. I would worry more about them if I was you. Just hope the US stops Iran and its "peaceful nuclear program" before Israel does and melts the sand and the people.
I am not sure that they, the Jews, see you all as a separate people anyway. I believe they would condemn you all, the Islamic middle east people to a nuclear hell. I think they could cause more devastation by taking out "holy" sites than infrastructure. Destroy the hagg sites and destroy Islam it could be argued. With no stone devils to stone and no buildings to walk round and trample people to death, what would you do?

I know of some Persian people who say they are under sentence of death if they or their family ever go back there. The Islamic madness set the country back a few decades, perhaps centuries in some areas. Just think where they would have been if they had carried on as before? Yea OK the puppet Shah was not all good news for the land but I think his days were numbered anyhow.

Still I am sure allah has it all sorted
I mean whatever happens you can't question it can you? It is after all allahs will. If he, she or it wants Iran to become glass so be it

The way I see it either the Jews or the Islamics are the chosen ones and one day there will be an end game. One of you will be the loser and have to talk to the big man upstairs and explain yourself. I wouldn't want to be the Legal Reresentation for either of you

Keep posting your pretty pictures and carry on with your delusion. The Yanks are coming and you had better let them in either that or the Iran Tourist Board pictures will be of glass and mushroom clouds and signs in Yiddish saying "Formerly Iran, Keep Out Highly Radioactive"

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Iran looks quite nice from the pictures your links provided.

Why is it then I have this notion that Iran is so evil? I hate to say it but it must be my government's fault. I have always envisioned Iran as nothing but dirt poor people who supress their women, peoples, and way of life. From the pictures I see nothing but the contrary to that. I see happy people and beautiful people celebrating daily life in urban AND rural areas. If these pictures are legit, then I have been wronged by our news agencies. Iran does not look like a place that is held my a militarian government bent on starting war(s) with greater powers(nuclear or conventional). They look like they have everything they need and then some.

P.S.- These pictures did not flip-flop me in anyway, I have always been against these war since U.S. invaded Iraq. I was one of the first people to be against the Iraq war(I consider myself one of the first because I was against it before it began and also WELL before people publicly outcried against the war after it was declared won but "insurgencies" continued to take so many U.S. lives). I PERHAPS may have blindidly supported the war in Afghanistan but with NO outside influence(I didn't even have the internet then) way back in 2002 and 2003 I completely lamented even the thoughts of Iraq war nontheless the war itself. I will completely disrespect the current U.S. government and Britain until rightful leaders are elected/steal leadership if Iran is attacked.

Do not judge all by the acts of some.

-SoLo

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The only thing that an attack to Iran is going to accomplish is . . . the death of a thousand of more people to put under the take over of the middle east resources for the American corporate power . . . and the unification of militias Shiites in Iraq with Shiites in Iran to make both Iran and Iraq the worst hostile nations within their lands to rebuild and drill democracy into them.

If you think that the billions of dollars of tax payer money that has gone to the rebuilding of Iraq has done anything but gone missing I bet that Iran will be no different.

If many think that Iraq is a hostile nation right now, you wait when there is no more borders between the two majority rule Shiite nations against invaders and destroyers of their lands.

This one will go into history like no other.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MooneyBravo
zurvan

Thank you for posting that first link with all of the pictures of Iran and its people. It sure is a beautiful country and I wouldn't mind visiting it sometime...if it wasn't for the extremism that goes on there.

I feel the same way about the US.

USA V's Iran is never going to happen people.

Look at the recent activities in Israel; with the rockets flying in from Lebanon (it was well known 70% of the rockets fired into Israel came from Iran) this would have been the perfect opportunity for the propaganda machine in the US to spin this, it never happened on a grand scale. Why do you think that was?

I shall tell you.

The US don�t want a war with Iran, they don�t need another Iraq x1000

The smart people in the states can see this and would not let it happen.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightsescape
zurvan, i hate to say it but those videos you posted are unimpressive, my favorite was the troops on dirt bikes, hilarious at best. why would the united states attack iran if we didnt think we could take out irans military in days?

first we dont plan to invade, just airstrikes. secondly the united states military is not going to send planes in that your missiles can hit. you dont realize how smart the american military is . we may not be able to occupy a country, but we sure can destroy nations armys pretty damned quick. the united states has the most technologicly advanced military in the world, the planes we will be attacking you with will be with tech stuff the media doesnt know about and iran doesnt know about, we dont parade our military premise on the streets like most wanna be military nation tough guys, we do that for a reason.

i dont fear irans military one bit, what i do fear is terrorist cells springing up in the united states, that scares the hell out of me. that right there is your trump card, the small one the iranians have.

So smart, tell me this, how many wars have the US won without help from other countries?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Exactly marg... They will unite under the nation of Islam, not under a country's border... they will create a global ``civilisation`` war... Thank Bush for your new holy war. Seriously, there's a need for major action against the governments of the western world, because if not we'll end in another world war.

Everyone is saying that if they could go back in time they would kill Hitler... and when the occasion presents itself in reality, they don't do it.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
21.7 % of Americans own passports.

and how many American troops are there overseas

Yep.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The only thing that an attack to Iran is going to accomplish is . . . the death of a thousand of more people to put under the take over of the middle east resources for the American corporate power . . . and the unification of militias Shiites in Iraq with Shiites in Iran to make both Iran and Iraq the worst hostile nations within their lands to rebuild and drill democracy into them.

If you think that the billions of dollars of tax payer money that has gone to the rebuilding of Iraq has done anything but gone missing I bet that Iran will be no different.

If many think that Iraq is a hostile nation right now, you wait when there is no more borders between the two majority rule Shiite nations against invaders and destroyers of their lands.

This one will go into history like no other.

please if we do attack iran you dont think the us yanks will stop all movement on the borders? it suprises me how people think from other countrys how illiterate our military is, we are smart, yeah it sucks to uccupy and the occupier loses but it would be the same way if someone tried to occupy the usa. so please the next time you or anyone thinks you are makeing a statement like what you posted, dont, we know. i would like to see what would happen to iraq if we just guarded the oil refinerys, i would like to see what would happen to iran if you took out the military in 4 days and just occupied irans oil refinerys, your country would most likely break out in chaos, we are in iraq helping to rebuild becuase we care if we didnt iraq would be alot worse than it is right now.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightsescape
...we are in iraq helping to rebuild becuase we care if we didnt iraq would be alot worse than it is right now.

National interest must come before benvolence. If that was not the case, nations would be queuing up begging for the US to bomb them.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

[I]Originally posted by nightsescape[/I]

Please if we do attack Iran you do not think the us yanks will stop all movement on the borders?

Yes . . . just like the present administration of our US country did in Iraq . . . Bush made sure that the borders were well protected . . .Right. . .

Our government cannot even protect our own borders here in our nation . . . and is going to even try to protect the nation that has been occupying for more than three years . . .

Yes, protecting the borders . . .

it suprises me how people think from other countrys how illiterate our military is, we are smart, yeah it sucks to uccupy and the occupier loses but it would be the same way if someone tried to occupy the usa.

Ok, I am an American born . . . so can you please explain "who are the other countries illiterated people" you are talking about. . .I don't know if you are trying to defend US or Iran and Iraq . . .

so please the next time you or anyone thinks you are makeing a statement like what you posted, don’t, we know.

Can you please explain what statement is the one that got you confuse?

i would like to see what would happen to iraq if we just guarded the oil refinerys, i would like to see what would happen to iran if you took out the military in 4 days and just occupied irans oil refinerys,

Actually that was the first thing that Bush wanted after the take over of Iraq, to guard the oil fields first while the country went into anarchy, something that until this day they have not been able to stop.

When it comes to the oil fields . . .well . . . the bush administration has been working very hard to get the rights of the oil in Iraq signed to America's oil barons.

Then you wonder why is so much hostility in that nation against the good old US.

your country would most likely break out in chaos, we are in iraq helping to rebuild becuase we care if we didnt iraq would be a lot worse than it is right now.

Ok, I am an American so I guess you mean Iran, right?

BTW Rebuilding you said, I wonder if you are awared of the billions of tax payer money going missing in the rebuilding of Iraq, perhaps you know what rebuilding has taken place in that nation so far.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Remember what esteemed Bush family friend, "Mickey Herskowitz" said when he interviewed Bush when he was assigned to work with Bush on his biography in 1999.

This is an article from Russ Baker:

"He was thinking about invading Iraq in 1999,” said author and journalist Mickey Herskowitz. “It was on his mind. He said to me: ‘One of the keys to being seen as a great leader is to be seen as a commander-in-chief.’ And he said, ‘My father had all this political capital built up when he drove the Iraqis out of Kuwait and he wasted it.’ He said, ‘If I have a chance to invade….if I had that much capital, I’m not going to waste it. I’m going to get everything passed that I want to get passed and I’m going to have a successful presidency.”

Sorry, but you got played to the bone. I mean, Iraq? You bet your chips on Iraq? Of all the countries this is the one we ramped into. Now the U.S. is stuck....I hope your happy with what you wanted.

It's all about political capital, it's not about democracy or liberation. You don't create democracy by ruining the water supply. You don't create democracy by ruining a economy for millions of Iraqi's who need to sustain a living. Our Commander in Chief *IS* a disgrace. It's a political disaster all for a moment that he was giddy about like this. Sorry, but that's the ugly truth. Not Radical Islam or Democracy for the Iraqi's. Wake the Hell up

more from Mickey Herskowitz of his conversations with Bush:

"Start a small war. Pick a country where there is justification you can jump on, go ahead and invade. Bush’s circle of pre-election advisers had a fixation on the political capital that British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher collected from the Falklands War. Said Herskowitz: “They were just absolutely blown away, just enthralled by the scenes of the troops coming back, of the boats, people throwing flowers at [Thatcher] and her getting these standing ovations in Parliament and making these magnificent speeches.” Republicans, Herskowitz said, felt that Jimmy Carter’s political downfall could be attributed largely to his failure to wage a war. He noted that President Reagan and President Bush’s father himself had (besides the narrowly-focused Gulf War I) successfully waged limited wars against tiny opponents – Grenada and Panama – and gained politically. But there were successful small wars, and then there were quagmires, and apparently George H.W. Bush and his son did not see eye to eye."

Credibility factor:

Mickey Herskowitz, no one can touch him nor will they bring him out in the public light. Bush Sr. knows what time it is. His track record is unphaseable. *ALL* for political capital and that Falklands Thatcher moment that he will never ever see.

Unreal how so many people gobbled up every bit of nationalist propaganda. Just because an american eagle is on it doesn't make it righteous, food for thought.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by MRGERBIK]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by T Trubballshoota
zurvan

As has been said the US would not intend to invade just take out infrastructure, far less costly.

In weeks with mostly air power the US destroyed, yes destroyed the Iraqi Army. It has done that twice.

Iran was at war for years with the Iraqi Army and never beat it, even with the brainwave tactic of sending in 14 year old boys walking towards machine guns armed with a copy of the Koran.

never in my posts did I claim that Iran will be able to prevent a US attack. Nor I suggested that Iran will come out victorious if this doomed preemptive nuclear war starts! If I have let me set the record straight right here!!

I am merely trying to hypothesize on Iranians RESPONSE once the doomsday attack has occurred till the point that we are into full blown Amergadon!!

You have seen from recent Israeli-Lebanese war that air power alone could not stop the rocket fire after 30 days. Go back and look at those videos also the ones I have posted. IRGC are highly trained soldiers working on doctrine of asymmetrical war fare!

They will simply fire and hide. Fire and hide, Fire and hide. They will work on principle of rapid strike and scape tactics. They are working under assumption of no central command and that they are always watched from above.

Hell even full scale invasion did not stop the rocket fire in Lebanon!!!

If Iran is attacked on a pre emptive and/or set up basis with or without nuclear weapons the IRGC will make all the Hezbollah fighters look like trained monkeys.

Once the attack has happened the American ships will be sitting duck in the Persian Golf. This does not mean that at the end Iran won't be obliterated it only means that it will take as much as it can of American interests or what it perceives American interests down with it.

If Hezbollah fired rockets, IRGC will be firing smart missiles with various kind of war heads and from Air, see and land! Mainly land though

For the record I am no Iranian government supporter in any way! if you look at some of my previous posts you can see what I think of them. No one on this world probably want them gone than I do! but democracy is a state of mind. Civil society if not won by violent means! Civil and War are opposites unless the Civil Society decides to ascert itself in self defence. Requirement for self defense is to get attacked!

Lets remember that the War in Iran started while Iran had gone through a reveloution and most of its Army was on the run or dismantled! Iran was under international embargo and had not so many allies. and yes the whole world was behind Saddams back! that war without the World interference won't have lasted that long!

The Yids have wiped people out before and this time they have (apparently) quite a size nuclear arsenal. I would worry more about them if I was you. Just hope the US stops Iran and its "peaceful nuclear program" before Israel does and melts the sand and the people.
I am not sure that they, the Jews, see you all as a separate people anyway. I believe they would condemn you all, the Islamic middle east people to a nuclear hell. I think they could cause more devastation by taking out "holy" sites than infrastructure. Destroy the hagg sites and destroy Islam it could be argued. With no stone devils to stone and no buildings to walk round and trample people to death, what would you do?

Rightly or wrongly as far as Iran is concerned there is NO difference between an attack from USA or Israel! they are one and the same thing!

If Iran is attacked Us interests will be attacked any where possible and Israel is considered a prime US interest!

You claim that Israelis see no difference between Persians and non Persians! Are you sure you are not suffering form a little bit of self projection symptoms?

For your information only a minority of Iranians are Arab and a lot of them are non Muslim, myself included. I don't give a toss about religion and won't care less if religious places are hit except if it is done at price of human rights!

As a matter of fact if you give me a choice between receiving a pre emptive nuclear attack or an attack on all the holy Islam sites so that they are turned to soccer fields, I choose the later.

Laughable to see what a bubble you live in!

The Islamic madness set the country back a few decades, perhaps centuries in some areas. Just think where they would have been if they had carried on as before? Yea OK the puppet Shah was not all good news for the land but I think his days were numbered anyhow.

Agreed

Still I am sure allah has it all sorted
I mean whatever happens you can't question it can you? It is after all Allah's will. If he, she or it wants Iran to become glass so be it

Rubbish propaganda mate!!! I do not believe in Allah ok! I am what they call an agnostic. I am not sure if you even know what it means???

The way I see it either the Jews or the Islamics are the chosen ones and one day there will be an end game. One of you will be the loser and have to talk to the big man upstairs and explain yourself. I wouldn't want to be the Legal Reresentation for either of you

I am not religious but if I was then I tell you the Jewish are definitely the chosen people! if you don't believe go and read any of the holy bibles you believe in.( Turat, Angil, Qoran) or as you would say it old and new testament or Koran. yes even Koran calls the Jewish the chosen people!!

As a non religious scular person I do belive that Jewish people are very special and clever! look some of the most famous contributions to humanity and science has come form Jewish people. Names like Albert enstein and Isaac Newton.

I like this analogy. Iran and Us are like to vehicles on open rode acceleratng toward each other for a head on collision!

Iran is a smal Iran manufactured car, Where US is a Super trailer which has been pimped! Once and if the collision occurs there is nothing left of the small car, nothing I can gurantee but lets think about this. How much damage will the supper trailer take? and is the driver and owners of the goods in the back ready to bill the damage cost? Surely no one from the first car is left to sue for the bill!!

[edit on 12-2-2007 by zurvan]

[edit on 12-2-2007 by zurvan]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
governments of the western world, because if not we'll end in another world war.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

Are you suggesting a World War as a measure to prevent a World War

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by chibidai_rrr
Iran looks quite nice from the pictures your links provided.

Why is it then I have this notion that Iran is so evil? I hate to say it but it must be my government's fault.

If these pictures are legit, then I have been wronged by our news agencies.
-SoLo

I can personally assure you that most of the pictures are legit and as Iraninan I am mostly shur that they all ture. You can always look for some pictures of Iran on line

I am also glad that you like Iran.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Despite objections from the U.S. govt, Iran purchase 800 Steyr .50 cal sniper rifles. It can penetrate body armour and has a range of 1500 m. Unlike Iraq, over 1/2 of Iran is mountainous, making it ideal for sniping.

The Austrian-made Steyr-Mannlicher HS50 .50 cal sniper rifle.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Are you suggesting a World War as a measure to prevent a World War

Mmmmh, no. I suggest massive peaceful manifestations + generalize strikes. No work for everybody or 50% of the people for over 2 weeks. It would hurt the economy and stop this war-mongering.

Anyway, it's the plan if another government sponsered terrorist attack happen to attack Iran or directly an attack on Iran. Massive manifestations and strikes, of course if martial law isn't imposed.

But i'm pretty sure that the next years, the american people will face a choice that they won't be able to avoid. Fight or be enslaved. So I suggest you to buy a few guns and learn to shoot and clean it, and make plans for anything.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The biggest threat to U.S. aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf would be the Club anti-shipping missiles. The Iranian Navy has 3 Russian-made Kilo class diesel-electric submarines, armed with the Club missile. Diesel-electric subs are very difficult to detect(in electric mode), especially in shallow water like the Persian Gulf. The Club missile has a 120 mi. range. Its in-transit cruise speed is subsonic, but it acelerates to Mach 3 terminal velocity to overcome shipborne defenses.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join