It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for fellow men here...please be mature.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Alright, I hate to ask and awkward question and stuff, but I'm kinda worried and would appreciate if someone can help me out with this. I'll try to describe this in the least embarassing fashion possible. A few months ago, I woke up with a pain...in the area that a man will least likely want pain. Basically, it felt like I got kicked between the legs, but on only one side (I think that's pretty clear.) It hurt VERY bad, to the point that I could barely walk. Doing just about anything hurt. I had to walk very slowly and purposefully, be very careful when I sit down, and driving was even made difficult. Luckily, it went away with in 8 or 9 hours. Anyway, I was happy it was gone, but about a week and a half ago, it came back. This time, the pain wasn't quite as bad, but still pretty bad. I would have seen a doctor, but I was actually in Brazil (Before you get going on that train of though, no I didn't *do anything* with anyone there.) so I really couldn't. Anyway, this time the pain didn't go away for 2-3 days, and I actually can still feel it a little bit. It's not nearly as bad right now. I can run, workout, etc., but I'm pretty sure I feels something. Definitely a "tenderness."

Has anybody else experienced anything like this? If so, what did you do? I'm hoping it's not cancer or anything like that.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Personally, NO.

BUT, 2x friends of mine have been the unfortunate victims of some sort of 'twist' in the linkage between 'your marbles' and where ever they connect to.

From what they told me, in the middle of the night they woke up with extreme pain... and ended up in hosptial, under the surgeons knife to have which ever marble removed.

Its not something that is always there, but for some reason, it just happens to occur now n then... Id definately go to a doc n get it checked but.

NOW, they say at times day or night, they get similar pain, but the doctor told them if it happens, when you have 1x marble left... go and visit mrs palmer and her 5 friends.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You weren't with some wild chick the night before were you?

that could be one explanation.

It might be a pinched nerve or something.

If I was you though, I'd get it checked out, better to be safe than sorry.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It could be a symptom of Kidney Stones. Are you experiencing any pain near the navel or in your sides?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well, it could be any number of things...like someone else mentioned, the "twisting" of the cords/tissue that connects your testicles can cause extreme pain, although I think in that case the pain would be so extreme that you would not bother asking the question on a message board...and would likely require immediate surgery.

Cancer is the other potential serious problem, and you should feel around pretty well (during your next hot shower) for any lumps...if you find one, see a doctor immediately. If not, still go see your doctor, because I'm sure they could put your mind at ease after they check you out and let you know it's most likely just something you don't need to worry about. better safe than sorry though.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Thanks a lot guys. I'm want to see a doctor, but I first have to take 2 things into consideration: The awkwardness of telling my parents (Still live at home,) and our insurance is kind of under question right now... I skipped a semester of college, and in order to be under your parents insurance, you have to be a "full time student." My mom recently told me I shouldn't be making any doctor visits any time soon...

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It sounds to me as though you have either a trapped nerve or twisted 'pipes'. I would seriously recommend a doctor, and if you are embarrassed about talking to your parents just tell them in a calm, sensible way. If you act like its an embarrassing problem and you stumble over words, they will feel awkward about it.
If your parents laugh, it may not be because they think its funny. A lot of times laughter is a way we express ourselves when we aren't sure how we should express ourselves.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Thanks a lot guys. I'm want to see a doctor, but I first have to take 2 things into consideration: The awkwardness of telling my parents (Still live at home,) and our insurance is kind of under question right now... I skipped a semester of college, and in order to be under your parents insurance, you have to be a "full time student." My mom recently told me I shouldn't be making any doctor visits any time soon...

If your not in Brazil anymore go to the doctor.
If you really have to tell your parents just say it's a personal thing you need sorted, or would they be affended that you didn't want to talk to them about it?
In which case take the advice of being calm and just say it.

[edit on 21-4-2007 by Chukkles]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hi Herman,

That kind of pain can indicate so many different things. As others have pointed out, you really need to see a doctor. Just take this as a warm up for later in life. Believe me, as you get older you need to explain lots of weird, embarrasing stuff to your doctor.

I would just tell you parents honestly what is happening. They will find a way to pay for your medical care and get you well. The last thing they want to do is to have you suffer needlessly.

Take care, and let us know how you're doing.

new topics

top topics

join