It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Obama overcome?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i was watching the local news station, and Erie,PA (which has a high inner-city black population) asked around to see who would vote for Barak Obama. They asked teh whites, they got mixed reactions. They asked teh latinos, same thing. They then went around asking a bunch of random blacks that they saw walking teh streets of the city. Most said NO. why? Most of them don't even like the guy. Some said he isn't even black. One guy had the nerve to say: "Man, we blacks have a bunch of names many people think are weird, but Barak is definitely not a black name. And Obama a black last name? He doesn't even look black. To tell you the truth, I think he's Arab" -- while those weren't his exact words, i kinda summarized it. Many blacks don't even like him, great start huh?

You think he looks Arab? if i've never seen the guy and heard his name i would definitely say Arab.

i tried finding out if they had some of this on their website, checked all over, but they don't. Wish i had a link, srry.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I thought it was the number of Supreme Court judges you had in your pocket that mattered, not how many votes you got?

Or who your Daddy/Granddaddy/Husband is?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i just think if he was white, he would not be talked about at all. enough said, interesting that blacks are not willing to vote for him, and there votes will probably goto hillary.

Originally posted by Osamas Beard
I thought it was the number of Supreme Court judges you had in your pocket that mattered, not how many votes you got?

Or who your Daddy/Granddaddy/Husband is?

no, the most important thing is the money from new york, they decide who wins.

[edit on 2/13/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The biggest problem I see with Obama bid is that he is a novelty to people and the media. Much like a kids toy once the novelty wears off Obama could end up on the massive pile of people and other crazies that have come and gone.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
How else would you explain ALGORE and John Kerry? Sacraficial lambs, both of them.

Why type his name like that? Just curious.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyPolak
They then went around asking a bunch of random blacks that they saw walking teh streets of the city. Most said NO. why? Most of them don't even like the guy. Some said he isn't even black.

This is actually exactly my thoughts on Obama. I think the black community is going to see this as an attempt to sway their votes simply based on color (which it is). This guy may be black, but he certainly didn't have an upbringing that allows him to relate to the average black man. He grew up in several diffefrent countries, as well as Hawaii. He lived in an upper middle-class family and he went to an ivy league college.

I'm not going to get into the "this guy isn't black/this guy is black" argument. He is black...I just don't think he can relate to the average black man at all.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
He will get votes for one good reason.

His speech in 2002:

I know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors... I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of Al Qaeda. I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars. You want a fight, President Bush? Let's finish the fight with Bin Laden and al-Qaeda, through effective, coordinated intelligence, and a shutting down of the financial networks that support terrorism, and a homeland security program that involves more than color-coded warnings.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

Originally posted by CrazyPolak
They then went around asking a bunch of random blacks that they saw walking teh streets of the city. Most said NO. why? Most of them don't even like the guy. Some said he isn't even black.

This is actually exactly my thoughts on Obama. I think the black community is going to see this as an attempt to sway their votes simply based on color (which it is). This guy may be black, but he certainly didn't have an upbringing that allows him to relate to the average black man. He grew up in several diffefrent countries, as well as Hawaii. He lived in an upper middle-class family and he went to an ivy league college.

I'm not going to get into the "this guy isn't black/this guy is black" argument. He is black...I just don't think he can relate to the average black man at all.

My father and I think the same way. just putting a woman or a black in the Presidential race for the first time in our history doesn't mean they are gonna win. We need people who can actually do something for America, stop giving a flying f#ck about everyone else, and worry about whats going on here and on our southern border. We shouldn't even try to police the rest of the world until we settle all of our own big problems.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Obama is definitely running into problems already. Once the media darling, now they're saying he's testy, thin skinned, has a temper, etc. I think he was just built up so they could have fun tearing him down and provide a distraction while Hillary sails to easy nomination.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join