It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blaspehme against the Holy Ghost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The Unforgiveable Sin- Blasephemy against the Holy Ghost. What exactly does it mean to blaspheme against the holy ghost?

And why is that unforgivable, as opposed to blaspheming against the Father or Son.

And what is the punishment? Hell?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Because it is far from our nature, it is hidden right in front of you.

The culmination of all the gospels point to one conclusion or truth. The Holy Spirit is the small voice inside you that tries to remind you of that truth and to accept it, and that is that the price has been paid for your sins and that the debt has been cancelled. In other words, all sin has been forgiven. This is the truth that the Holy Spirit tries to convey in everything.

When we deny that this is not true, we are blaspheming the spirit by calling it a liar. This is calling God a liar and it makes it impossible for you to be forgiven and have your sins erased because you do not believe that it is true.

If you think about it, then it is simple that what it is saying is that your faith allows you to be forgiven if you trust in the truth of what the Holy Spirit is saying.

One can say Jesus was stupid, or that his momma dresses him funny, and these are forgiveable as long as one maintains the truth that all sins are forgiveable, but the moment you deny it either for yourself or for someone else, then you have broken the covenant of the truth.

I hope this made sense.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
well, you're going to get a lot of different answers from this thread
but pretty much everyone will tell you that you're not interpreting it the right way

how do i know?
well, sometimes it's better to check if someone else has done a thread on the topic before

here's a link to my thread on the same issue
LINK

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Ben that was awesome.

You are able to simply (which = perfect to me) articulate the most complex ideas like a physicist.

i love you ben and tammy too

K.I.S.S.
K.I.S.S.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Because it is far from our nature, it is hidden right in front of you.

The culmination of all the gospels point to one conclusion or truth. The Holy Spirit is the small voice inside you that tries to remind you of that truth and to accept it, and that is that the price has been paid for your sins and that the debt has been cancelled. In other words, all sin has been forgiven. This is the truth that the Holy Spirit tries to convey in everything.

When we deny that this is not true, we are blaspheming the spirit by calling it a liar. This is calling God a liar and it makes it impossible for you to be forgiven and have your sins erased because you do not believe that it is true.

If you think about it, then it is simple that what it is saying is that your faith allows you to be forgiven if you trust in the truth of what the Holy Spirit is saying.

One can say Jesus was stupid, or that his momma dresses him funny, and these are forgiveable as long as one maintains the truth that all sins are forgiveable, but the moment you deny it either for yourself or for someone else, then you have broken the covenant of the truth.

I hope this made sense.

Ben, you are the $H!t.

You have voted ben91069 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Ben, you are the $H!t.

You have voted ben91069 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Thanks I am **blushing**. You too Annie!

THO, I have been watching your posts. Keep up the good work!

I usually don't say much but pop in every now and then.

top topics

join