It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't Open Rense Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I saw an article on Infowars last night about the Israeli Embassy being a radioactive hotspot that I wanted to read, and it linked to rense.com. I clicked it and waited and waited waited... Usually if a web site doesn't exsist or can't be found, my computer opens a MSN search page, this time after quite a few minutes my browser was, oddly enough, redirected to a Charter Search Page (my ISP), and I can't get into the Rense site at all. Is rense shut down, or is my ISP filtering sites now? Can anybody else get onto Rense.com?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I can't get into Rense either, I believe it went down last night some time.

I just tried it again and my Firewall pops up asking me FF2 want to except a connection from 67.69.184.215
NS, I don't get these requests from any other sites? even allowing it to except will not open Rense.

[edit on 10/2/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The root name server appears to have temporarily forgotten rense.com. I don't know if the Rense server is up or down because I don't know the IP, however, trying to ping it gives me a name resolution error.

I wondered if he'd just forgotten to renew but the registration is still current and not blocked.

Someone was fooling around with the name servers a few days ago, maybe this is an 'aftermath'.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I have encountered a number of strange errors when attempting to connect to it as well.

They must have ahit a nerve with big brother. Perhaps hit a little too close to home for their liking. A shot across their bow maybe? Who knows... We'll see what they have to say when (if) they come back up.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

I just tried it again and my Firewall pops up asking me FF2 want to except a connection from 67.69.184.215
NS, I don't get these requests from any other sites? even allowing it to except will not open Rense.

So, you're on DSL in the Toronto area, through some Bell Canada subsidiary?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Any one look for the most logical explanation, perhaps it's down for site maintenance?

Conspiracy is afoot when you must re-write code to add more links to your site, lol.

-ADHD

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I saw an article on Infowars last night about the Israeli Embassy being a radioactive hotspot that I wanted to read,

That article is available on hal turner (cough cough) I like to read from a variety of sources. )

I think if it was down for maintence they would have a page saying that, no?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yesterday afternoon when I connected to rense.com all of the articles were from august 2006 then later that night it was down, and still is. Looked to me like his server crashed and it went to a backup before going down, but I really don't know either.

Vas

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

Rense.com is currently experiencing a totally unexpected
hard drive problem which took place during a major server upgrade,
one which will tremendously enhance the entire Rense.com experience
...and establish superior security. Thanks to you, the site is growing
exponentially and with such massive expansion comes occasional inconvenience
and unexpected events like we are currently experiencing. We are
doing everything possible to restore full service and expect to be
back up with at least partial operations today. We greatly appreciate
your patience as we re-establish your access to the world's number
one net site for alternative news and information.

Rest assured, the current down-time issue is being resolved as
quickly as humanly possible...

Best wishes and our highest regards,

rense.com

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth
Yesterday afternoon when I connected to rense.com all of the articles were from august 2006 then later that night it was down, and still is. Looked to me like his server crashed and it went to a backup before going down, but I really don't know either.

Vas

Ping it, and you'll get a name resolution failure instead of a no-response time out.

At least I do from here.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It's still seems to be down and not resolving with nslookup. 3 days of outage on DNS?

This is kinda odd for a disk problem. Any one have any updates?

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well Rense is back.

The Rense site experienced a major outage due to a drive failure and several helpings of Murphy's Law. We apologize for the down time and appreciate your patience. There may be some broken internal links or images for a short time, your continued patience is greatly appreciated. Rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated!

Rense.com

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The site crashed after too many people tried to access the site, it can happen after a site appears on tv.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It is now

up and running for those who care to know.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I don't believe in coincidences at all , Russia bombs Israeli BASES in Georgia , Rense is the only responsible site that reports it and now they are down . it looks like Anti-Freespeech fascists are at work again , because you know dam well CNN and the rest of the complicit media won't report ANYTHING that reflects badly on Israel

new topics

top topics

join