It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government smashes mans truck for illegal dumping.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Evidently this man was dumping garbage along country roads when he was spotted by a concerned citizen.
The citizen called the authorities and they in turn tracked down the vehicle seen at the dump site and proceeded to crush it.

I despise people that litter, and dumping is ten times worse then simple littering, but the logic of crushing a mans vehicle, thus creating more trash, escapes me.

The article states that 'evironmental protection laws' allowed them to confiscate and crush the mans vehicle.
'Environmental protection'? What about all the toxic fluids that leaked from the car as they were crushing it?

infowars.net...

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
From the same article:

"What we have done instead is crush his vehicle and send out the message that environmental vandalism will not be tolerated.

So the Council fights vandalism with more vandalism. To top it off, the individual may be looking at a large fine and possibly a jail sentence.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Crushing the vehicle is a bit extreme. Selling it at auction to recover clean-up costs or impounding it pending fines payment would be a bit more realistic.

I brought up the issue of fly-tipping with our local MP a few years ago after repeatedly seeing the same vehicles, week after week, tipping along the lane behind my employers premises. Nothing was done, even though I pointed out the massive costs involved county wide for clearing up over and over again.

As a taxpayer I am the one who is asked to foot the bill to keep the county clean and who pays for all the dumped material to be cleared up. Many of the people fly-tipping have been paid to remove waste but cannot be bothered to pay to use designated waste collection areas. I have absolutely zero sympathy for anyone caught in the act.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
and the brits say america is a fascist/police state!? ROLLS LAUGHING... They are trampling all over your rights, destroying your property and the only thing you folks say is, "thank ya mate! kin I have anuther?" LMAO.

top topics

join