It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can't See My Avatar

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yes those are all on the same account.

Those userbars are only 9k each. Also the thread is from December so I think that if the userbars were the cause then I would have maxed out in January also.

I'd say most of my bandwidth usage is from my blog. It's daily visits are now in the hundreds while my userbar and avatar threads only get a dozen or less a day.
It is possible that it is just my blog traffic maxed out my photobucket account but I find that hard to believe. I think it is just from a bug or a glitch.

Also keeping in mind it is still early in the month.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I was thinking more along the lines that ANY page where userbars are displayed, that is loaded into a members cache would be also loading the userbar image into their cache, thereby using the bandwidth on your account.

Hope this clarifies a little better.

Of course my line of thinking could be wrong, as well.

Also you would have to take into account using my theory about this, is any increase in page hits.

I recall somewhere here that S.O. mentioned that January was the busiest month ever here.

Perhaps this month is even busier, resulting in more page views and possibly more hits on avatars and userbars in your account...

sounds plausible at least in theory...

[edit on 2/10/2007 by Mechanic 32]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join