It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Making World More Dangerous, Says Putin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Russian President Vladimir Putin in a speech in Germany said that US making world more dangerous. He stated some words which practically mean that no one can feel secure anymore because US does not respect International law.

newsinfo.inquirer.net
"The United States has overstepped its national borders in every way...This is very dangerous, nobody feels secure any more because nobody can hide behind international law," Putin said in a speech to the Munich Conference on Security Policy.

He also hit out at US plans to place a missile defense system close to Russia in NATO member states Poland and the Czech Republic.

"Why is it necessary to put military infrastructure on our border? It's hardly connected to today's global threats. What is the threat? Terrorism and fighting it," Putin said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This can be considered as a bold speech which he directed against U.S. In the past, he had criticized some U.S. international policies in the past but none could be considered as daring as this.

Makes me wonder why, and what is his basis? Is this a strategy to protect his relationships to some countries that can be considered hostile to US whom Russia considers as ally or friend?

How about Russia? Does Russia make the world more dangerous too?

[edit on 10-2-2007 by UM_Gazz]

[edit on 10-2-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Why should russia be dangerous for the world at the moment?

All i see at the moment is a US president gearing up for the next war and who knows where that might lead the rest of the world.

Its about time someone important stepped up and said that,what im sure of, most people around the world are thinking about but not willing to openly say , at least among those with a voice in the world ie. politicians etc

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
ah, Putin is just pissed because we are installing anti-ballistic missiles in poland and the check republic. I am sure that was in response to russia selling S-300s and Tor-M1 to Iran.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
ah, Putin is just pissed because we are installing anti-ballistic missiles in poland and the check republic. I am sure that was in response to russia selling S-300s and Tor-M1 to Iran.

Exactly.

He isn't happy that the US is installing missile defense installments in ex-Soviet states. That is the reason why he is saying this.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
IMHO, Russia is finally stepping back into being a global Player.

Russia has been very weak in the last 15 Years. Now they are paying back their debts and they control a large percentage of the european energie.

Putin stated facts (for example: the missiles that treaties forbid, the invasion of countries, where most of mankind say the USA shouldn't be(even the UN was against some of them) and this action of shooting satellite weapons into orbit to control space...) that many nations think, but no one could say openly.

The dangerous thing is if it escalates (I think it has already started). I suppose we all hope and pray, that we don't have a new cold war, or worse...

greet,
Sammy

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Actually president Putin is right, when saying...:

'Unilateral, illegitimate actions have not solved a single problem: they have become a hotbed of further conflicts.'

"It is a world of one master, one sovereign.… It has nothing to do with democracy," he told the gathering of senior security officials from around the world.

"This is nourishing the wish of countries to get nuclear weapons."

And sadly for the USA all of those statements are correct.

Unilateral, illegitimate actions by USA have not solved anything as you can see - a mess in Afganistan, a mess in Iraq, a future mess in Iran and North Korea and things are slowly getting out of control.

And this sure is a a perfect ground for countries to want nuclear weapons, since it has prooven in the past, that if you have nuclear weapons, the USA will not attack you - but later become your friend (as the situation is with India and Pakistan). So logically everybody suddenly wants to play with the big boys and their rockets.

But mister Putin should firstly clear his own mess in his own country - yes he is right, but dare we mention certain dead agents, dead journalists who wanted to speak against Russian invasion of Chechnya and the mess that Putin has created there, making a breeding ground for terrorism right in his own country. Bravo Putin! And when certain journalists get a hold a pile of evidence of torture, killing and other attrocities commited there by the Russian army, they suddenly get shot. And when certain rouge KGB agents also start to "sing", they get poisoned by radioactive elements?

Yes mister Putin - Russia is certainly not as big threat to the World as USA is, but I am sure you can have the second place.

top topics

join