It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Iran go for a preemptive strike on the US?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Now that news are coming out that the Bush administartion is indeed preparing for an attack on Iran,

www.guardian.co.uk...

one wonders whether the Iranians will strike first.

Khameini said just yesterday that if attacked Iran will attack US interests worldwide. Also, they have just tested new Soviet anti-ship missiles. It would appear wise, as the certainty of them being attacks grows, to strike with their anti-ship missiles, and, if they are capable, launching an attack against US interests worldwide before the US attacks. One imagines that the government of a country such as Iran is at least able to do as much damage as the 9-11 attackers with short notice.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Why would they openly carry out any attack against the US or it's interests, thus inviting the whole might of the US military to obliterate them?
It's more likely some manufactured event may happen giving the US cause to strike, in the eyes of the American public.

Iranian leaders are not going to do anything that paints them as the aggressors.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Agreed. It would be totally irrational for Iran to attack the US, instantly justifying it's destruction. I hope people will remember that when it *cough* happens.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prokurator
one wonders whether the Iranians will strike first.

I believe Cheney & co are counting on it, or at least something that looks like an Iranian pre-emptive strike.

PS Iranian Oil Bourse trading in Euros undermining the US petrodollar due to open any tick.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The Iranians are not undereducated people, many are very scare of a war from the US. . .

They will never start a war that they will not be able to win with the sympathies of other nations . . .

They will sit in their nation, ready and prepare and will let the US strike first. . .

So then they can have a credible case against the US.

No, they will never start a war, even if the the bush administrationwill make it believe that they did.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I believe the plan is for a Black Ops. Here is the scenario a couple of CIA trained teams are equiped with small speed boats and attempt a night attack on a destroyer or smaller ship to cause an incident. I do not believe the Iranians are foolish enough to attack first, but they may have to if the above scenario unfolds!

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
But the Iranians could for instance begin by demanding that US ships leave the Persian Gulf, as they are a threat to them. Then when they fail to leave they launch a large scale attack against the ships, thus immobilizing the US army in the Gulf and seriously damaging the US's capability to make war against them.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
BTW Bush is planning a trip to Central / South America from 8 - 14 March.
Bush plans South American tour. Perhaps that news deserves its own thread?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
BTW Bush is planning a trip to Central / South America from 8 - 14 March.
Bush plans South American tour. Perhaps that news deserves its own thread?

Maybe he'll visit Chavez for a chat!

I think he is going to face a lot of protest much like Nixon did when he was Vice President and attended the OAS meeting. Bush is only has a 30% approval rating in the US, I can't image he is very popular below the Rio Grande!

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Getting back to the post, here is an interesting article on a possible attack on Iran. It appears the war drums are being beaten at an increasing pace.

High Stakes Game Iran!

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

But the Iranians could for instance begin by demanding that US ships leave the Persian Gulf, as they are a threat to them. Then when they fail to leave they launch a large scale attack against the ships, thus immobilizing the US army in the Gulf and seriously damaging the US's capability to make war against them.

I can see Iran doing something like that.
Imagine say,

MOre and more reports come out about American plans for airstrikes.
Iran comes out to the media and tells the Americans, they will not stand by while a foreign offensive force builds up, preparing to strike.
They are going to defend themselves against any known attack approaching, by striking the offensive aspects before they launch.
Iran tells them they have 7 days to stop the aggresive build up or they will launch.

The US has no right to strike them, the UN hasnt authorized force, and there is no evidence of nuclear weapons yet.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Isn't it funny how the US, back in 1962, was prepared to go to war with the USSR over a few soviet missiles parked in Cuba, off our coast. Or at least, that's the way they made it seem. Whether they would have really launched on the USSR over it remains a mystery.

And yet here the US sits with at least two entire carrier groups parked off Iran's coast, ABM's deploying over the region, Bunker Busters sold to Israel, some of which may even be nuclear according to some reports (which also claim that the US has reclassified nuclear bunker busters as non-nuclear tactical weapons), and the US expects Iran to just sit there and take it? The big bully is at it again. And the boys on the block are taking notice.

I for one would not be surprised if Iran DID launch preemptively, and I wouldn't be surprised either at this point if they had some serious help in doing so from Russia, at least. Putin sounds like he's about over it.

But as usual it will be the people who pay the price, both in blood and money. So how many more lives and billions is that going to cost the US taxpayer?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Boy!

If Iran and Syria had what the USA and UK had,

and we just had what they have-

We'ed be had!!

Me thinks we better had them and be done with it.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
In any sort of aftermath of a catastrophe, i just hope the world remembers that the interests of Bush do not reflect those of the people of the United States.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
take my word for it...

jet jockies aren't gonna fly for Bush...

they will fly and bomb Iran and whoever ...

to save the folks that don't relize that a bunch of Muslim fanatics will stop at nothing to bring the faith of Islam to the world.

the armed forces of the USA and UK will attack those countries that will stop at nothing to put all peoples in the faith of theirs "or in the ground", its a crusade...of sorts...

IMO

Ruff

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Khameini said just yesterday that if attacked Iran will attack US interests worldwide. Also, they have just tested new Soviet anti-ship missiles. It would appear wise, as the certainty of them being attacks grows, to strike with their anti-ship missiles, and, if they are capable, launching an attack against US interests worldwide before the US attacks. One imagines that the government of a country such as Iran is at least able to do as much damage as the 9-11 attackers with short notice.

The only thing that Iran is capable of is a terroristic attack. They cannot launch a military attack on the US; they are incapable of doing so.

And if/when a terroristic attack from Iran on US soil is proven, it will be the end of Iran.

Originally posted by marg6043
The Iranians are not undereducated people, many are very scare of a war from the US. . .

They will never start a war that they will not be able to win with the sympathies of other nations . . .

What is overlooked, marg, is that Ahmadinejad does not have the popular support of the Iranians, esp. the young, college educated ones. He spoke at an Iranian University recently, and the students burned him in effigy right in front of him.

That is our dilemma. We do not want to hurt the Iranian people. But we do want regime change in Iran.

The Achilles Heel of Iran is it's educated youth.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I have my hypothesis of Iranian response on the thread below. As it is a fairy long post I can not copy and paste it here. Please come back here after reading it!

In my opinion Iran must be mad to attack first!

and to people who say they are fighting the evil muslims from Iran whom are into taking over the world from Iran and turning it muslim: At least wait till Iran attacks one country! before marching in and bringing the Amargadon just because you thought it might happen!!!!!!

Do we want to realise this simulation?

www.youtube.com...

anyway here is what you get I think!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-2-2007 by zurvan]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by coronamoz
In any sort of aftermath of a catastrophe, i just hope the world remembers that the interests of Bush do not reflect those of the people of the United States.

Really? Why doesn't the United States get off their ass and remove Bush?
What is he going to do if 1 million Americans knock on his door and hand him a pink slip?
Democrats are in on the con, they aren't going to do it. It's up to the people to get the government they deserve, or they get the government they deserve.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awake and All Seeing

Originally posted by coronamoz

Really? Why doesn't the United States get off their ass and remove Bush?
What is he going to do if 1 million Americans knock on his door and hand him a pink slip?
Democrats are in on the con, they aren't going to do it. It's up to the people to get the government they deserve, or they get the government they deserve.

You would think it is up to the people. But when you consider facts like Al Gore won the popular election and Bush completely ignores polls on Iraq and stem cell research, it becomes more evident that power to the people isn't exactly true in all cases.

It sickens me that we are pretty much powerless in determing war. We go to war based on the decisions of a few powerful men, aided by the deception of a few powerful media outlets.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Malaysia has just shifted 82bil in reserves from the US dollar to a basket of foreign currencies.

Malaysia also refuses to cancel an energy deal (LNG development) with Iran even though the US which is its largest trading partner threatens cancelling trade agreements.

Slowly we are cutting off our nose to spite our face.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join