It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A-Z names of Dead Celebrities

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well....with the recent demise of Anna Nicole Smith (which brought a tear to me one brown eye)...I was thinking it would be a fun idea to have a thread where we think of names of celebrities that have died. There are so many after all. It doesn't matter what they died of either...whether natural causes of otherwise (of course it is more fun it it wasn't natural causes).....

It is a shame about Anna Nicole Smith....I mean, she took such good care of herself. It was such a shock....

As much as her name starts with A...I have to start with someone else, since starting with her would be boring....So I will begin with:

ANDY GIBB

He travelled to England to fulfill the label's request for more songs, moving into brother Robin's estate in Thame, Oxfordshire. He turned to drinking heavily, and fell ill. On March 7, 1988, Andy was taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford complaining of stomach pains.

Gibb died three days later of myocarditis — a sudden inflammation of the heart muscle caused by a viral infection. While his years of alcohol and coc aine abuse did not directly result in his death, they did aggravate the condition.

His body was brought back to Los Angeles, California, for interment in Forest Lawn - Hollywood Hills Cemetery.

The Bee Gees would dedicate their 1989 studio album One to Andy, featuring the ballad "Wish You Were Here", which the brothers claim was inadvertently written for him shortly after his death. Although they would regularly tribute Andy during their appearances over the next decade, it was at their 1997 One Night Only concert in Las Vegas that the Bee Gees would perform "(Our Love) Don't Throw It All Away" with Andy's original vocal incorporated. It was released on a live album of the same name later that year.

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Both my sisters had the hots for him.....

[edit on 10-2-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Interesting game!

Barry White

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hey Dr. Love...good to see you! Love Barry White's music....

For C...let's go with:

CHARLIE PARKER

Parker died while watching Tommy Dorsey on television in the suite at the Stanhope Hotel belonging to his friend and patroness Nica de Koenigswarter. Though the official cause of death was (lobar) pneumonia and a bleeding ulcer, his death was hastened by his drug and alcohol abuse. The 34-year-old Parker was so haggard that the coroner mistakenly estimated Parker's age to be between 50 and 60.

Parker left a widow, Chan Parker, a daughter, Kim Parker, who is also a musician, and a son, Baird Parker; their later lives are chronicled in Chan Parker's autobiography, "My Life in E Flat."

In 1984, Parker was posthumously awarded a Grammy Award for Lifetime Achievement.

D is next....

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Dean Martin

E is next.

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I have to go with the King:

ELVIS PRESLEY

On August 16, 1977, at his Graceland mansion in Memphis, Tennessee, Presley was found lying on the floor of his bedroom's bathroom by his fiancee, Ginger Alden, who had been asleep. A stain on the bathroom carpeting was found that indicated "where Elvis had thrown up after being stricken, apparently while seated on the toilet. It looked to the medical investigator as if he had 'stumbled or crawled several feet before he died'." [74] He was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital, where at 3:30 P.M. doctors pronounced him dead. Presley was 42 years old, and when he died, "he weighed 159 kilograms."[75].

Elvis Presley funeral procession.At a press conference following his death, one of the medical examiners declared that he had died of a cardiac arrhythmia from an intake of a large amount of drugs.

Of course, some people on this site might argue that he is still alive!

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
FREDDIE PRINZE

On 28 January 1977, after receiving a restraining order from his ex-wife the night before, Prinze, who for a while had been telling friends at times that “life isn't worth living”, made a series of farewell phone calls to family, friends, and management from his hotel room at the Beverly Comstock Hotel. His business manager, Marvin “Dusty” Snyder, was alarmed after receiving one of these goodbye calls and rushed over to Prinze's room. When Snyder arrived, Prinze continued with his phone calls, telling his mother “Mom, I love you very much, but I can't go on. I need to find peace.” Snyder called Prinze's psychologist from the next room about what was going on, but the psychologist did not take the situation seriously and told Snyder that Prinze was in no imminent danger. Snyder returned to Prinze, who supposedly called his ex-wife and said “I love you, Kathy. I love the baby, but I need to find peace. I can't go on.” After the call, Prinze pulled out a gun from the sofa, Snyder tried to stop him, but Prinze shot himself in the head. He was rushed to the UCLA Medical Center and was placed on life support following emergency surgery. It was futile, though, and his family decided to take him off life support. Freddie Prinze died at 1:00 p.m. on 29 January at the age of 22.

G is next.......

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Greta Garbo (September 18, 1905 – April 15, 1990) was a Swedish actress who was, by reputation, one of the greatest and most inscrutable movie stars ever to be produced by MGM and the Hollywood studio system. She is the recipient of the 1955 Honorary Oscar "for her unforgettable screen performances"[1] [1] and was ranked as the fifth greatest female star of all time by the American Film Institute.[2]. In addition, she was named "the most beautiful woman who ever lived" by the The Guinness Book of World Records.

Source

H is next..........

Edit* To add

[edit on 2/10/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Harry Houdini

i next...

[edit on 2/11/2007 by queenannie38]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Jam Master Jay from Run DMC.

K next......

Peace

p.s. i really like this game because it makes me think.

edit: crap.....forgot i.........Ingrid Bergman

[edit on 11-2-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
King Kong

Ill miss that big ape.......

are fictional primates allowed? Have I broken the rules?

[edit on 11-2-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
King Kong?

Lane Staley: lead singer Alice in Chains

M next........

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Marilyn Monroe...... June 1, 1926 –August 5, 1962

N is next..........

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
MICHAEL HUTCHENCE

Ex-lead singer of INXS..........

On November 22, 1997, Hutchence was found dead in a Sydney hotel room, an apparent victim of suicide. Some speculate his death was actually an accident, the result of autoerotic asphyxiation.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Nixon, Tricky Dick President of the United States of America

................o............

[edit on 11-2-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Orbison, Roy the Voice

......p............

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Patsy Cline Born Setp. 8, 1932 - Died Mar. 5, 1963

Wikipedia had this to say about her death-

Patsy boarded a private plane bound for Nashville, flown by her manager Randy Hughes, along with Cowboy Copas and Hawkshaw Hawkins. After stopping to refuel in Dyersburg, Tennessee, the plane took off at 6:07 pm. According to revelations by the airfield manager in the Nassour biography, he suggested that they stay the night after advising of high winds and inclement weather on the flight path, but Hughes responded, "I've already come this far. We'll be there before you know it." Unfortunately, they never made it to Nashville. The plane flew into severe weather and crashed at 6:20 p.m. (according to Patsy's wrist watch) in a forest just outside of Camden, Tennessee, only 90 miles from the destination. There were no survivors. Patsy Cline was 30 years old.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Quinn, Anthony April 21, 1915-June 3, 2001

R in next.............

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Red Skelton a comedian who always had a clean act the family could watch. - July 18, 1913 - September 17, 1997.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
SID VICIOUS

On February 2, 1979, a party to celebrate his release [He was released from Riker's where he was being held on charges for alledgedly murdering his then girlfriend Nancy Spungeon] was held at the home of his new girlfriend Michelle Robinson. During his time at Rikers Island prison, Vicious had undergone drug rehabilitation therapy and was supposedly clean. However, at the party he obtained some heroin from his mother, and was discovered dead the following morning, having taken a large overdose. He was 21 years old. Speculation has persisted that Vicious, unable to live without his beloved Nancy, committed suicide. He wrote the following poem about her:

You are my little baby girl,
We share all Our fears.
Such joy to hold you in my arms
and kiss away all your tears.
But now you're gone, there's only the pain
and nothing I can do about it.
And I don't want to live this life any more,
If I can't live for you.
To my beautiful baby girl.
Our love will never die...

Another theory forwarded by police investigator Richard Houseman and writer Alan Parker in the recent Discovery Channel documentary Final 24 suggests that Vicious' mother was responsible for administering the fatal overdose of heroin. As a regular heroin user herself, this theory holds that the administration of a lethal dose was intentional.

How nice....his final dose of heroin came from his mommy!

T is next..........

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Tiny Tim

BTW....I see some people skirting the rules so far.

......U.....

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join