It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who owns the airwaves? (UK)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
who legally owns the airwares in the UK?, in the US, the american public owns the right to the airwares(although corporations still pump that same ol' pop bull# down our ears everyday)

check the link below
hiddenmysteries.net...

i've heard krs-one say this in one of his lectures too... to those who know who he is

it would be great to have local artists being played in their own towns but the way things are, it would seem impossible for the public to gain full control of the airwaves anywhere in the world......

so like the US, do UK citizens own the right to airwaves

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Actually the airwaves are supposed to be public domain.

However, here in the U. S. the Federal Communications Commission has effectively taken control over those airwaves. Through licensing, and regulation.

I am quite certain that most developed countries have a similar gov't organization.

And globally, there is the I think it is called the ITU for International Telecommunications Union, that has something to do with this as well.

My memory is a little fuzzy, but google for the info, it's there.

Bottom line is that it's all about licensing. and broadcast licenses don't come very cheap. Here in the US at least.

[edit on 2/10/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I don't know about UK or any other contry, except for Thailand. The military owns them their, regardless of they have a junta ruling or an elected government. They are national security issue.

new topics

join