It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Masons in control of Secret Societies Forum

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Seems to be a heck of a lot of abuse being directed at posters who criticize Freemasonry, including it appears the wholesale deletion of their posts and even banning of them.

Why is ATS allowing this to go on?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Abuse?

[edit on 10-2-2007 by Amon_Ra]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
No group can control a forum on ATS.

Sure, there are Freemasons that post on these forums, and they have strong opinions when they defend the organization they belong to. But they also bring a lot of insight to discussions concerning their group.

Do you only want to see one side of the topic ???
Are you only interested in the posts that scandalize the Masons ???
Is your only interest in this group the prurient scandals that naysayers post ???

I welcome the input of ATS members that can share personnel experiences they've had by being a Mason, and I value the members that question their veracity.
It would be a pretty pointless discussion if we only saw one point of view.

And no, I'm not a Mason.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
SHHHH. Don't admit anything!

Seriously though a number of the banned people you refer to are one guy with multiple accounts.
See this post.
There are plenty of people here who are civilized, yet not exactly pro-mason, and they don't get banned.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
double post removed

[edit on 10-2-2007 by pepsi78]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
No group can control a forum on ATS.

Sure, there are Freemasons that post on these forums, and they have strong opinions when they defend the organization they belong to. But they also bring a lot of insight to discussions concerning their group.

Do you only want to see one side of the topic ???
Are you only interested in the posts that scandalize the Masons ???
Is your only interest in this group the prurient scandals that naysayers post ???

I welcome the input of ATS members that can share personnel experiences they've had by being a Mason, and I value the members that question their veracity.
It would be a pretty pointless discussion if we only saw one point of view.

And no, I'm not a Mason.

That is the entire point, they, the Masons don't want you to see the point of view that is critical of them.

Yes I do feel that Freemasons are in control of the Secret Societies forum because I have been watching it for a couple of weeks now and I have personally witnessed them deleting posts that are critical of Freemasonry and banning the users who made them, all the while violating ATS T.O.S. by hurling a cascade of abuse and personal attacks against them, as well as engaging in a pattern of hateful comments against Christians.

How can you have a board whose stated purpose is the dicussion of Secret Societies when the largest secret society has sent their members into it to control and prevent all criticism?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
[edit on 10-2-2007 by pepsi78]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Seems to be a heck of a lot of abuse being directed at posters who criticize Freemasonry, including it appears the wholesale deletion of their posts and even banning of them.

I think some of them are moderators, not really sure, I recall in an old thread that one of them was a moderator.
I'm not agaist any one becoming a moderator, but since this is a forum that regards some sociaties as being secret with people talking about them and then all the sudden one of that sociaty member becomes a moderator I don't think it's casual to say the least, it's improper.
How about we put a CIA agent in charge of the 911 forum as a moderator, with him declaring he is in fact a CIA agent, having the power to ban and warn people on what they write on the forum.
It's really the same thing.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I think the discussion on ATS is going way above TOP SECRET.

That could well be the case; IMHO.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

I think some of them are moderators, not really sure, I recall in an old thread that one of them was a moderator.
I'm not agaist any one becoming a moderator, but since this is a forum that regards some sociaties as being secret with people talking about them and then all the sudden one of that sociaty member becomes a moderator I don't think it's casual to say the least, it's improper.
How about we put a CIA agent in charge of the 911 forum as a moderator, with him declaring he is in fact a CIA agent, having the power to ban and warn people on what they write on the forum.
It's really the same thing.

Just read the bizarre locked post by the Pro-Masonic moderator Nygdan. It is crazy abusive, also not factual, as I witnessed the abuse this poster received for just posting a few quotations from books critical of Freemasonry. All his posts got deleted and he got banned. The Masons and prop-mason moderators violated every ATS terms of service in the book by the vulgar abuse they hurled at him. He did nothing but make a few posts from some books critical of their "fraternity".

If you go through the threads in this forum you will see it throughout, they are not serious discussions, but mostly consist of the Masons mocking the posters, and even the concept of criticizing them. Where is the discussion?

The Mason-Moderators have really ruined this forum, I don't see how this forum can function if it is going to be controlled by Freemasons deleting and banning at their pleasure with no oversight. It is really bizarre.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mustang II

It's not that they are critical of Freemasons, it's the way they go about it. The people in question violated the TOS in one way or another. One of the main things I see with this is knowingly posting false information, flaming, etc. A lot of those people were just trolling on the boards looking to cause problems and even dropped to the level of personal attcks. Nydgan has dealt with alot of them and you can clearly see in one of the aforementioned posts that Nygdan is not a Mason. The main thing I've seen in those cases is that the people refuse to have a civilized conversation on the matter and refuse to provide evidence to back up their claims. They think they can go to a couple anti-mason sites then start blasting away at people without looking at all available info and looking at the big picture. You won't be banned for critisizm if it's given out and discussed with some civility. Also if you make claims, cite your sources and provide some backup for yourself as opposed to wildly spouting anti-anything rhetoric. That's how I see it.

If you go through the threads in this forum you will see it throughout, they are not serious discussions, but mostly consist of the Masons mocking the posters, and even the concept of criticizing them. Where is the discussion?

The only people that get mocked are trolls that try to cause BS.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by ShAuNmAn-X]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mustang II
He did nothing but make a few posts from some books

Are you sure that is all he did? Did you read all of his posts under different account names?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Post some names

Which Moderators are showing a preference towards the Masons ?
Can you point out threads that have been trashed because of Masonic secrets being posted ?

Freemasonry has always been a hot topic on these boards, and I've engaged a few of them in discussion. For the most part, I've always found the people that defend the Masons to be a lot more rational than the members that open an account and start blasting away with at them.

If you have any evidence of a Mod playing favorites, or a Mod intentionally suppressing information about the Masons, I want a name.
And if it's warranted, and a proven case of bias, I'll call them on it.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The things this guy was doing go way beyond posting from a few books. He posted BS someone called shenanigans, waved the BS flag and the guy went nuts and trying to spit more crap without backing up his claims. Stuff like that tends to P155 people off whether they're Masons or not.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I have noticed the abuse of this section by pro-freemasons as well. Thats why I don't post in here. I don't necessarily believe that freemasonry is a giant conspiracy or anything, and I have no reason to attack them, but I have noticed a lot of insults and personal attacks by freemasons on here when its not called for at all.

wtf.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShAuNmAn-X
The things this guy was doing go way beyond posting from a few books. He posted BS someone called shenanigans, waved the BS flag and the guy went nuts and trying to spit more crap without backing up his claims. Stuff like that tends to P155 people off whether they're Masons or not.

Well if it was all BS wait until you see the UFO forum or the reptilian forum, those people aslo post with out any cover at all , with nothing to back up their claims, an none of them get baned, so what makes the masonic forum so special?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Just read the bizarre locked post by the Pro-Masonic moderator Nygdan. It is crazy abusive, also not factual, as I witnessed the abuse this poster received for just posting a few quotations from books critical of Freemasonry.

If you read the post, you should know this - the member in question continues to register new account names and posts false information.

He's also a plagiarist. We don't look kindly on people who display a stunning inability to follow simple rules for source attribution. It's really very simple - cite your sources, don't copy and paste giant chunks from other websites/books/articles without attribution/link/ex tags.

What you witnessed was the tip of the iceberg...

All his posts got deleted and he got banned.

We do not allow plagiarism. That rule isn't going to change, no matter how much you complain. Anyone who can't follow simple, common-sense rules and show respect to both the authors of the material they steal, and the members of this site, doesn't deserve to be a member.

The Masons and prop-mason moderators violated every ATS terms of service in the book by the vulgar abuse they hurled at him. He did nothing but make a few posts from some books critical of their "fraternity".

You keep saying this, over and over again, but that doesn't make it true.

Are you a disciple of the 'a lie told often enough becomes truth' school of thought?

There are numerous threads where actual discussion takes place, try searching harder.

Try looking for the threads that weren't created with an unfounded, wild accusation, or plagiarised material - that's a good bet.

You'll find that people asking honest questions in a respectful manner are treated quite differently than those who presume to know everything there is to know about the subject of secret societies just because they've read two books and can remember the name of Albert Pike in casual conversation.

The Mason-Moderators have really ruined this forum, I don't see how this forum can function if it is going to be controlled by Freemasons deleting and banning at their pleasure with no oversight. It is really bizarre.

I disagree. I think the moderators do everything they can to prevent this place from degenerating into a giant carnival of ignorance led by self-appointed scholar-clowns who, despite ostensibly having access to super-secret information and centuries-old secrets, still can't manage to muster the common decency and respect we demand of household pets.

As far as your claim that all this is done with no oversight - you're wrong. Flat-out wrong. The moderators of this site work as a team.

I'm not a mason, BTW. I'm a nobody. I just care about the ideals of this place, and one of those ideals is the denial of ignorance.

So when someone comes along with an obvious agenda, and tries to use this community as a soap-box to advance that agenda, and won't even make a passing effort to adhere to the standards we've set - we do our job and we clean house. I won't apologize for that, and I hope none of my fellows will either.

For those of us with a genuine interest in the facts, there's nothing more frustrating than having to deal with the same people, over and over again, who make it their mission in life to muddy the waters as much as possible. Ughh...

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Which Moderators are showing a preference towards the Masons ?

You would mean which of them are masons, not about being pro mason, it's about being a mason
and a moderator.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Are Trolls Trying To Control The Secret Societies Forum?

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
If you read the post, you should know this - the member in question continues to register new account names and posts false information.

And I'm happy to ban these new accounts anytime, as I just did.

Individuals who are prone to plagiarism, repeated violations of the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use and failure to cooperate with the staff will be banned, no matter how many times they register.

I'm not a Mason, and banning trolls has nothing to do with being a Mason, regardless of what some random idiot on the Internet might say.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Well if it was all BS wait until you see the UFO forum or the reptilian forum, those people aslo post with out any cover at all , with nothing to back up their claims, an none of them get baned, so what makes the masonic forum so special?

I frequent the UFO forum it's the one I visit most often. The thing is the people in there don't blindly attack people. They question each other's stories and there are some good debates there. The same thing would happen if someone sterted posting blatant attacks on people in the UFO forum or any other forum. Debating and saying you disagree, bringing another point of view to the table is welcome. Coming here just to stir up $#!+ is another thing entirely. Yeah I see the Members that are Masons react harshly at times, but putting myself in their shoes I would too if I had to deal with that crap all the time. The Mason's get ridiculed and called all sorts of different things, that would tend to wear your nerves thin. The bottom line is if they're saying someone is posting BS about their organization, they have the right to do so. They know better than anyone else how their organization operates. They'll be more that willing to tell you about the things they can regarding their organization, also do some research, and finally if you really wanna know the whole deal, join and see for yourself. They're not called a secret society for nothing.

my $0.02

Originally posted by Majic
Are Trolls Trying To Control The Secret Societies Forum?

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

And I'm happy to ban these new accounts anytime, as I just did.

Individuals who are prone to plagiarism, repeated violations of the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use and failure to cooperate with the staff will be banned, no matter how many times they register.

I'm not a Mason, and banning trolls has nothing to do with being a Mason, regardless of what some random idiot on the Internet might say.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by ShAuNmAn-X]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join