It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange circle of light

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
OK i don't have any pics and this might have been a trick of my eye. But on Saturday the third of February 2007 my brother and i were on the trampoline in our backyard when i saw a light pass through our drive way and out into our paddock now the strange thing about this is that it didn't appear to be on anything i mean it was as if it wasn't on anything in the background sort of just a floating ball of light.

If anyone has had a similar experience or has heard of this kind of thing please tell me about it, i would like some reassurance that I'm not going crazy

[edit on 10-2-2007 by roswell1]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
What part of AUS are you in?

We have a few folklore account of floating balls of light. If you live in any of the areas it might match up a bit i guess.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
i live in Victoria any reports there?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Not that i can find, but if i do come across any i'll let you know.

What made me think of folklore is this story i have read many times in books:

Quinn's Light
It takes it's name from one John Quinn, who for very many years was a judge at the New South Wales sheepdog trials and a man of sound common sense.

Quinn claimed that on numerous occasions he saw a strange light of extraordinary brilliance which came floating down the valley amongst the tall timbers, circled his homestead, then made back to its hills.

Quinn described it as a large, yellow orb and said that it illuminated the trees as it passed with a phosphorescent glow. He showed it to others - in case his own testimony should not be believed - and he organized night riders who pursued it, and hunters who shot at the apparition but to no purpose.

Source - A Treasury of Australian Folk Tales and Traditions - Bill Beatty

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It might have been ball lightning.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
it was really faint and my brother didn't see it

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Without knowing more details other that what you have posted, the first thing that i thought of was hunters out 'spotlighting'.

I live in a rural area of Oz and have seen some strange effects from the high powered spotlights that these shooters use.

sanc

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
there are no hunters out here i can tell you that!!

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
If you have not seen it already, see the documentary "OZ". For anyone who believes not in Alien Abduction cases, check this one out. I'm a wee-bit apologetic here 'cause I mention this particular 2 hour special so much.. but outside of the Alagash incident and Rendlesham Penniston disappearance (seldom spoken of on the latest SciFi Investigation), the OZ cases are "unique".

Dallas

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Fair enough.

How many acres is this paddock that you mention?

And is there a paddock (owned by someone else) next to your paddock?

sanc

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
If you have not seen it already, see the documentary "OZ".

Dallas

No I haven't seen that Dallas. Do you have a link? Sounds interesting.

sanc

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
wow...someone posts a story without evidence, and you guys automatically believe it. When someone shows you a vid of shaky "ufo" evid, you guys eat it up.

So what is it? do you guys try to really want see arealy ufo, or just base your "facts" and speculations on made up vids.

Because according to you guys, everything is fake, including the Ohare pix, because the ohare pix are nothig but a balloon. the pic is very grainly, and if it wasnt for the explanation, then, I would have thought that the item, was a weather ballon.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Sorry no. But U2U me your address and I'll be happy to send you a copy of my copy, no problem, no cost.

Dallas

edit: the thread below is showing the first part: "Water Sucking UFOs, 6 min" btw the vid I'll send will not have any actual footage, but will have testimony you may be inclined to believe. The OZ documentary is extremely important to researchers of this particular phenomena.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by Dallas]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Do you remember any more details about it? Any extra details, like how it moved, how quickly it moved, did it change direction? Color. Size. Sound. Was it flickery?

Troy

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
OK first of all necroticflesh learn to trust people

Originally posted by sanctum
Fair enough.

How many acres is this paddock that you mention?

And is there a paddock (owned by someone else) next to your paddock?

sanc

OK our paddock is about 5 acres and yes there are 4 other paddocks around us.

Originally posted by cybertroy
Do you remember any more details about it? Any extra details, like how it moved, how quickly it moved, did it change direction? Color. Size. Sound. Was it flickery?

Troy

OK the colour was sort of Grey in the black background of the night, it was probably a meter by a meter, and it was silent it didn't change direction and wasn't flickery, i don't know how fast it went and it was moving in a straight line but it would sort of jump over fences in stead of go through them.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
could someone please help me with this

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Ok, a simple observation could be, if it had to jump over a fence then we could make a guess that the object was solid, or made up of energy that cannot pass through material. Otherwise it seems it would just pass through the fence, unless for some odd reason it doesn't know it can pass through matter. And we could guess that the object was consciously controlled, since it avoided the fences.

Unless we are talking about a residual haunting type thing where the event plays over and over.

Troy

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
the light thing we saw sounds similar in some respects to your own story. Our light was very small and red. I personally think the light is attached to a larger invisible body, hence why it needed to "jump" over the fence rather than go through it. It might be a military drone that is operating in an invisible mode (other than the faint visible light). Any unusual military bases near your location? Have you used "ufomaps" on google earth to lookup similiar stories in your area?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
the light thing we saw sounds similar in some respects to your own story. Our light was very small and red. I personally think the light is attached to a larger invisible body, hence why it needed to "jump" over the fence rather than go through it. It might be a military drone that is operating in an invisible mode (other than the faint visible light). Any unusual military bases near your location? Have you used "ufomaps" on google earth to lookup similar stories in your area?

i don't know of any bases and I've never heard of ufomaps.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
how do i get into ufomaps

[edit on 13-2-2007 by roswell1]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join