It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 a fraud to scare people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Aren't those people who believe in the "2012" topic the same people who said the world is going end in the year 2000, we were all going to die in 2000, the "messiah" was going to save us all and that anti-Christ was going arrive in 2000, just to name a few.

It seems that the general basis of the 2012 theme was started when people begun pointing that the Long Count calender used by the Maya finishes its 13th cycle on Dec. 21, 2012. Where does it says there is going to be a great event happening to the Earth or Universe? Do you know how do read Maya hieroglyphs? Can you point out where does it says the world is going to end?

Are the 2012 predictions an excuse for the presumably failed 2000 predictions?
Of course something is going to happen in 2012. People are going wake up,eat,go to school, go to work,drive, visit the ATS website, sleep etc.

I apologize for offending anyone's belief on the 2012 theme.
Nonetheless, its just pure prediction. Might as well have some fun.
Best way to predict the future is by making.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Mayans didn't say Earth would end. No 2012 prophecy has to my knowledge. Most claim that it is a cycle change, or clensing period (like the great flood). Many different cultures, not just Mayans, but others like Native Americans, Hopi Indians, Hindus, Christianity, Islam, to name a few.

2000 wasn't supposed to kill people. It was meerely stating that the computer systems weren't originally constructed to deal with a millinium change. So many speculated that computers would freeze or go haywire. It was all garbage but nothing to do with Christ returning.

By the way, Something WILL be dramatically different in the next decade. Wait and see.

AAC

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thank you for your response AnAbsoluteCreation

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I tend to have my BoB ready, my mind, eyes and ears wide open and wait to see what happens. 3 possibilities:

1.) Major Havoc, coming suddenly. A comet in the telescope, earthquakes, floods, trunamis, hurricanes, famine, pestilence, raining blood, oceans of poison, war, fear and hatred, false prophets, signs in the sky, a second sun and unexpected gates to other worlds, Dark Pope Peter II, Mahdi, Antichrist, Ragnarok, destruction of all temples and holy sites, idols on fire, mankinds demise - or enlightenment in Paradise, the Aquarius, the beginning of the Golden Age.

2.) Nothing happens. And just as they proclaim "Peace and Security", sudden destruction shall come over them! j/k: life goes on as it always did. Injustice, Corruption, Ignorance, Hate, Love, Peace, Friendship, Loyalty. Because Resistance will always keep fighting.

3.) This rumor gets rolling, a self-fulfilling prophecy: one or two suicide sects, stupid terror attacks, a few new laws, the world in a new order. Enslavement of nature's creation, swarm minds, matrices and one global nation. Welcome to the Experiment! We come in peace, so we make the conditions.

I vote 4.): I wish you all a Merry Christmas 2012 and a Happy New Year 2013!

top topics

join