It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are you and what do you want???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Maybe the normal mind can stand all the UFO activity around, but hmmm...
not that i'm abnormal or anything like that, but just what the hell do they want???
We know they're around but for what?
Its not like they're trying to stop anything from happening...so what is it?
Anyone have an answer?
They're often seen after the fact...like flying out of the World Trade Center, volcanoes, etc...WHY?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Probably simple curiosity. Why do people keep pets, like fish or ant farms for example. You can't pet them, you can't take then for walks or play with them, but they sure are interesting to watch.

If I was a space traveller, and came upon a completely alien, and more primitive species...I'd sure want to keep an eye on them just for entertainment sake. The whole world is probably a real life "Truman Show" (great movie by the way) :-)

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Have you been watching reruns of Babylon 5?

If I could fly thru deep space and visit planets on the other side of the cosmos, I'd do it in a heart beat.

I love to learn. Thats why I'm on ATS everyday. Perhaps thats why they show up here.

Just some thoughts,

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
they want to study us like we would study ants in an antfarm

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Since Hiroshima, not allowing us to destroy existence of life on the planet. Other things.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Planet earth is one huge discovery channel to them. Think about it, an intelligent being is going to be fascinated by any other life form, no matter how primitive or warlike they are. As we are with many of the animals and insects here on earth. One of the many reason's I think they do not make contact with us is to not mess with our general evolution. There may have been crashes where we obtained some basic advances in technology however I don't believe we can yet comprehend alot of what they may have found. Religion is the main reason though and the main reason it is covered up so much.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
Planet earth is one huge discovery channel to them. Think about it, an intelligent being is going to be fascinated by any other life form, no matter how primitive or warlike they are. As we are with many of the animals and insects here on earth. One of the many reason's I think they do not make contact with us is to not mess with our general evolution. There may have been crashes where we obtained some basic advances in technology however I don't believe we can yet comprehend alot of what they may have found. Religion is the main reason though and the main reason it is covered up so much.

religion has been the cause of all the wars in the middle east + the crusades + terrorism and of course the spanish inquisition

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well you all make a good point. I just wish we know their agenda, even if it was evil i would know how to handle it- or learn...be prepared- install iron fences all around the house...duck and cover, do something.
I know its not a fair question to ask because nobody knows, but i sure wish they'd make their case.

Sightings are as old as mankind and so far nobody can say "why" with any degree of certainty.

So, do we ignore them?
They serve no purpose- maybe that's why the world governments ignore them? Its like the cat next door that sits up on the neighbors couch and stares at my house. What's on HIS little mind?
Nothing.

Maybe they are NOTHING too. Something that does nothing, takes no action should be nothing.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Our eventual disastrous technological advances at the cost of depleting resources on this ball will influence EBE action sooner or later. Over--population and nuclear detonation above most all will effect the..

Dallas

Ex

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I also would love to know what they are doing!!
Maybe an antfarm, maybe waiting for our destruction
and obtaining the seeds to start us anew somewhere else
Maybe they need something we have.......

I always wondered are they so far advanced,
they have no emotions
or maybe they have never had any???

Guestions....guestions

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I sometimes think they have no agenda. At least they have no agenda that applies to us. I suspect, if I were to buy into the "the've been here since day one" theory, that they are, in fact carrying on, and doing what they want to do, and we just happen to be peripheral to it all.

I see no evidence that they want to stop us from blowing ourselves up, or destroying the planet. I see no real evidence that they are here in any fashion that is friendly or unfriendly toward man. They simply press on doing their thing. If they exist, and if they are sentient beings, and if they are mortal, they probably would simply find another playground if we blew this one up.

Unfortunately, us pressing our paradigm or hallucinations off on them and their motivations does nothing to prove their mission one way or the other. In fact, there mght be no mission at all.... It's possible we're sitting around grousing, and investigating, and there reall is "no reason" at all, other than they just are.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's All About Your Anus...

Their fascination with sphincters keeps them coming back to Earth.:shk:

But really, if we could watch an undiscovered tribe without changing anything.
If we could observe the development of a society that was similar to our own past, but without any interference.

What sentient being wouldn't take advantage of that situation.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
We have changed tribes and had them welcome God and his teachings- people who killed anything that moved came to understand humanity and became humans themselves. Tribes is not a good analogy.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
we are nothing more then a Giant comedy to them hence the fascination, Heck I'm part of ya'll and you still make me laugh

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Once we do something that will make them take notice and think twice like some sort of weapon in space or something that threatens or changes their lives. I think they noticed the nuclear blasts and are keeping an eye on us, but still not advanced enough to "have a conversation with". We are getting to that point I think. Wonder what credentials you have to meet in order to "get noticed" ?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
my opinion,

it's flawed to perceive technology as superior.

Just a different living experience, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
perhaps they dont care about us, but they might care about our planet.
after all they made the earth in order to come up with a question for the Answer to The Ultimate Question Of Life, the Universe, and Everything

Deep Thought informs the researchers that it would design a second and greater computer, incorporating living beings as part of its computational matrix, to tell them what the question is. That computer was called Earth and was so big that it was often mistaken for a planet.

i'll apologize in advance to those individuals who might percieve my attempt at brevity as being a trifle misplaced but c'mon people, they've been visiting us for who knows how long and they've done us relatively little harm (compared to the way mankind tends to eradicate hordes of their own fellowmen). so what's the rush? lets just let them take their own sweet time deciding whether they'll tell us their reasons for coming here, and if so; when.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by toreishi]

[edit on 10-2-2007 by toreishi]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
They want blooooood

or maybe they're just curious... and have a fetish for earth mammals...

[edit on 10-2-2007 by BallOfPopulation]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
We are probably the laughing stock of the galaxy. I can see it now.

Alien Reporter,

"GNN(galatic news network)

Next On GNN

"While the humans watch the death of Madonna on television for 3 straight weeks, they were totally unaware of the major events curently unfolding, I think the plasma is going to hit the fan this week"."we have guest "Joe Annunaki Scarborough" to debate the coming galatic constitutional crisis.

I

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
We have changed tribes and had them welcome God and his teachings- people who killed anything that moved came to understand humanity and became humans themselves. Tribes is not a good analogy.

I can't believe you said that.

Do you honestly think that bringing the teachings about a Christian God ever had a positive influence on anyone ???
Are people that don't believe what you believe any less human ???

Religion has been the cause of more deaths on this planet than anything else.

It could get very interesting if an armada of ships arrived in orbit with the purpose of converting the people of Earth to the religion of their planet.
They would decree that we all worship the holy ramblings of some long dead prophet in their history. And failure to accept their beliefs would be punishable by death.
Then they would start rounding up our children so that they could be indoctrinated in schools that only teach the true way to salvation.

Oh sorry, that was Catholicism. :shk:

How would you feel if I came into your house and demanded that you worship some convoluted idea I had about the nature of the universe ?
And what if I based all my beliefs on a total lack of understanding of the environment I live in, but used superstition to explain away the things I don't understand ???

The problem with our species is our ability to be led blindly down the path of what we are taught. It's almost like people give up the freedom to continually question everything, and they succumb to what makes them feel good.

I think that if we're going to accept the idea that other life exists in the Universe, it may be time to give up our notions of God.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join