It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Cruelty and Today's Youth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If someone does wrong that someone should take the consequences full stop. It is the only way people learn. If we keep making excuses for it we keep adding another layer to the problems our society faces at this time.

A lot of kids do what they do for no other reason than they think they can get away with it.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well, I'd shoot them both in the head point blank range. No qualms.

Ahh, 'tis unbecomming of me to fight violence with violence.

I should mention though that this kind of behavior is timeless, looking at today's influences is not the source.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I'm Just Sorry That You're All So Blind.........
This is not the youth of today, but a recurring theme of human history.

Truth!

When will we be more preoccupied with the power of love, than the love of power?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yes I think the children should be punished but 10 years?

Even thought this was intentional and premeditated, does the punishment fit the crime?

How many of you eat meat? How many of you have run over an animal in your life or killed a mouse, hunted, etc.......

How many of you wear leather goods, drive cars, wear leather gloves or any cloths for that matter?

Do you know what the byproducts and toxins from manufactering do to animals worldwide? I'll bet you don't. We are all killing animals in the slowest most torturing ways, by inducing industrial poison into the earth and water.

We are all guilty of slowing killing ourselves, and every living thing on this earth at the rate we are going.

I just don't believe that 10 years jail fits their crime.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Well the crimes with the cats being hung wasn't actually on the news, it was a local thing reported in a small article in the paper. I also know one of the teachers at the school so i know it's true. It shocked everyone around here as we just havn't seen to much of that kind of thing before.
The media does report a lot of things more often now it is true, but still i feel uneasy about a lot of things that keep happning more.

In response to realtruth

Well i don't use anything that's tested on animals, the leather products come from cows that are kiled for food. I eat meat yes, because human beings are meant to eat it and it tastes nice, i pick meat from animals that aren't cruely treated. I used to hunt, but i only ever shot an animal for food and made sure it was a humane kill.

There is a major difference between eating meat, killing an animal for food or wearing leather to going out and torturing an animal.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Frankly, the last two or three generations of American children are just plain sociopathic. I think television has a great deal to do with it. In my opinion, it's the worst thing man ever invented.

As far as the crime itself, I'm too disgusted for words. Those two should be hung by their d**ks from the yardarm.

[edit on 2/11/2007 by Landis]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
video.google.com...

The street gangs of Brazil.

They shoul be teached not to do that, not sent to prison. Look at those brazilian kids, ten years for a puppy is cruelty

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
...ten years for a puppy is cruelty

I think it's important to quote the article here, as the sentence of 10 years is not only for the cruelty to the puppy...

from the original article
charges including burglary, criminal damage to property, terroristic threats and cruelty to children.

The charges are for much more than what they did to the animal. The especially hideous nature of that crime alone should have been enough. However, cruelty to an animal alone is not a major crime in most states.

Beyond all of that, it is only one case, and was only meant to highlight other points I would have rather discussed.

Fascinating replies and a thought provoking discussion as it is.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ya know, if you'd look back at history, I would have a hard time believing that 'today's kids' are worse...

Lets look back at civil rights era... I assure you that there were many instances of 18-19 yr olds beating and killing black slaves with no qualms about it whatsoever.

Lets go back further, when killing rabbits and wild game was considered "things that boys do..."

Lets go back even further... in the 1700's you were married and killing by 15...

So I dunno... when I see this newer generation of kids I see soft, overweight, ego-centric spoiled brats that get a trophy for being dead last in something... Some hardness is needed quickly.

This is a case of 2 kids doing something stupid, and maybe they're destined to be serial killers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join