It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand up and Be Counted - do you DARE?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Diffently, positively believe 100% in GOD

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, and I will have my vengence in this world or the next.

Oh yes i know you will
and it will be magnificent
a surprise event they'll never forget
but it will take the eye out of the storm
and then the cold stone will become warm

I also think everybody else should be careful doing so.

True, generally i agree.

i sold my fame but gained my soul
i have no regard for statue name
just agape in the ONE big whole
because in DEED there
can only be ONE
the yin yang is the root
of the tree of life

peace out my friend
i dig the hell out of your avatar
it makes me want to RRROOOOOAAAAR
too because i know u know i know
it feels GGGGRRRREEEEAAAT!
but you know it is not a good thing that i should roar
therefore try to keep it to a low rumble chom som gow

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
My friends call me Icky. Y'all can call me Icky, if you wants.

i just wants to call ya!
and call ya as my friend!

has icky bod done lost his head?
icky iggy the chameleon king?
or the waxen wings of foolish dreams
and a father that wanted you to fly?

if the last one holds can WE call you Ix?
To your face? Your golden egg?

at any rate i'm glad you are here
WE missed the WE that is U

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
always the same
no stranger to shame
only to others
do I seem to change

channeling light
clear and bright
right where Ix
points his eye[I]s

reborn on the wing
no shallow thing
can ever attain
great heights

blessed to have fallen
my destiny callin'
deemed to demand
a defeat of conceit

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
oh yes
oh yes
oh yes

today is the last day
and tomorrow never comes
but who cares about tomorrow
when you live forever in 2 day?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Rune,

I definitely don't wanna turn this into some sort of debate, but don't you think that the choice should be whether or not to follow God, not whether or not to believe he exists? I really do wish I could have a lot of faith, but my problem lies in knowing Vs. believing. Are people going to Hell because they didn't know that God exists, or because they choose not to follow God? There's a big difference. I know this from experience unfortunately.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Herman]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Rune,

I definitely don't wanna turn this into some sort of debate, but don't you think that the choice should be whether or not to follow God, not whether or not to believe he exists? I really do wish I could have a lot of faith, but my problem lies in knowing Vs. believing. Are people going to Hell because they didn't know that God exists, or because the choose not to follow God? There's a big difference. I know this from experience unfortunately.

Very good question herman.

If you want to have great faith, it's as simple as this, simply ask God to give you faith, that's what I did, and now I have faith like I never believed possible.

MARK 9:23

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I know this from experience unfortunately.

Don’t worry my friend, when the student is ready the teacher will come.

You may not ever be ready in this lifetime, but you are asking all the right questions. Sometimes life has to beat us up pretty bad and sometimes you just ask for it.

I feel faith; true faith in your creator is earned like a purple heart.

Forgive all and love all.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I have prayed for faith. But hey, I am only 19. If there's a possibility it will come in another lifetime, I've got a while to wait.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Your journey is just beginning and you are only 19!

Don’t worry sojourner at 19 you are asking all the right questions and you will get there.

You don’t have to pray for it, manifest it in your mind that this is what you seek.

Religion and its dogma have nothing to do with faith in your creator; do not let any dogma deter you.

queenannie38 is a genius and speaks in riddles sometimes but this also the way Christ taught. Christ never wanted to start a religion, and would not approve of Christianity. Figure out what she is saying, it can make your brain bleed sometimes and you may become as crazy as she is, but she can open some doors.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by LadyPropag8r
I Lisa D., 100% believe in God and Jesus Christ my Messiah, and the Holy Spirit.

Sounds like good solid sound logic to me! But what else would we expect from such a practical thinker as thee?

(((((((((((xoxoxoxoxoxo)))))))))))))

heheh practical thinker or missing brain cells? ( I say I am missin a few brain cells)

Back at ya (((((((((((((((xoxoxoxoxo)))))))))))

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HermanAre people going to Hell because they didn't know that God exists, or because the choose not to follow God?

Follow Jesus
Believe Christ
Trust and have faith in God

this will work
in Jesus NAME!

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HermanAre people going to Hell because they didn't know that God exists, or because the choose not to follow God?

Follow Jesus
Believe Christ
Trust and have faith in God

this will work
in Jesus NAME!

Geez Lucretia you sound like just another bible thumper with that one. WTF?!?

Hell is a made up place by the Christians to have you step to the RCC dogma.

Have the mind of Christ, but you do not have to worship him as lord.

Oh screw it.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
You want some good answers Herman go to this thread and read it all.

This one

Buy the two books I recomended on that thread, they are a very good start.

Well Pippi I really dont know what the hell you were thinking giving him that answer, he could have got that at a Baptist church!

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
But without some kind of religion, what reason do we really have to believe in God as we see him? Without something to tell us what God is, how do we know what he is? Why believe in something simply for the sake of believing?

I'm sorry, I suppose I'm just cursed with the inability to *believe.* I feel like anything I can't know is simply speculation.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   

But without some kind of religion, what reason do we really have to believe in God as we see him? Without something to tell us what God is, how do we know what he is? Why believe in something simply for the sake of believing?

I'm sorry, I suppose I'm just cursed with the inability to *believe.* I feel like anything I can't know is simply speculation.

Since this is Queenies post and this is off topic, feel free to U2U me if you want to chat and talk about any of your questions. I promise to tell you what I know but cannot tell you what you should believe...that is between you and your creator.

Anyway, religion as most people think of it is a system of worship much like a system of laws or rules of what is the codefied rules they need to follow. You, of course, know there are many different religions and many different spin-offs within each one. This is one of the primary reasons why you shouldn't prescribe to a "religion" in that you are a unique individual with your own likes and dislikes and your own personality that was divinely created to suit just you. To join a religion requires at least in part for you to conform to the democracy of what the congregation believes notwithstanding that it defies every other religion on the planet of being the only correct one.

The most true religion one can have is the one of having a one on one relationship with your creator. You have the potential to recieve this if you earnestly ask for it.

There is only one reason I can think that people want to know the creator and that is the feeling of inadequacy. I can think of no other reason other than this. I feel that the world is not perfect and there is no individual that shows a measure of perfection that is worthy enough to adequately change the world for the better. Historically nothing has made the world into a utopia - ever. So unless someone else has another reason, this is why I think most people come to seek their maker; a lack of something.

My advice to you is to study religious beliefs and texts as a basis of instruction of ideas and philosophies. Meditate on them tirelessly, always asking God to test these ideas within you. That is how I came to trust in my faith over many years. I won't say that it will come quickly, but I would say that you are on track.

PS- I never started believing for the sake of believing. I began my search for truth a long time ago thinking God would bless me with money and power if I obeyed a set of commands and rules - much like orthodox Jews believe.
In otherwords, I began wanting to believe in God for selfish reasons. Reasons that mainly benefited me. The Kingdom of Heaven is not about receiving but giving......just like Xmas.........only better.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Geez Lucretia you sound like just another bible thumper with that one. WTF?!?

Well it is true.
It is what i did.
It worked, wouldn't you say?

In one sense, yes. But more than that, i understand hell to be the state of mind most humans have been operating in for thousands of years. It is a state of slumber which occludes the awareness and it blocks out the rich tapestry of reality - and the here and there peeks that people get become the fuel for the idea of there being 'subliminal' messages pumped through the MUZAK in the elevator.

Heaven is the state of mind that reveals all the subliminal technicolor meaning in every word and sound and sight as being direct communications from God. It is brilliant light and blinds us for a time and always a little bit at all times.

Have the mind of Christ, but you do not have to worship him as lord.

Worship = adore/love
Lord = baal/husband

Why not? I do - I did - I always will.
But i do not serve him as God even though i know God is in him and he is in God - he serves me.

And so we must serve God in spirit and truth but adore/love Jesus as our best ever friend and loyal confidant (for that is what he seeks to be) - which means either wife or husband.

This is precisely what i did - so i just have to say i know it works.
It is simple and unpretentious, just like God.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   

In one sense, yes. But more than that, i understand hell to be the state of mind most humans have been operating in for thousands of years. It is a state of slumber which occludes the awareness and it blocks out the rich tapestry of reality - and the here and there peeks that people get become the fuel for the idea of there being 'subliminal' messages pumped through the MUZAK in the elevator.

Heaven is the state of mind that reveals all the subliminal technicolor meaning in every word and sound and sight as being direct communications from God. It is brilliant light and blinds us for a time and always a little bit at all times.

I wish people could see it that way so they could get over the Christian dogma of going there to burn in a lake of fire. They don't realize they are residing there already.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

You have voted queenannie38 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Now that was the type of post I was expecting from you pip.

You scared the heck out of me with the other one, I dont normally give recomendations for someone elses advice, then right after I said that you gave young Herman the answer he had been hearing his entire short life.

You have voted ben91069 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Great post Ben, you answered the way I should have but I was going to bed, and didnt have time.

Herman read the book "A Course in Miracles" It in every major bookstore.

Another good read is "The Disappearance of The Universe"

Anything by Dr. Wayne Dwyer, these are just to get you started, once you read and understand them at that point you may be ready to turn on the BS filter enough to crack open the Christian Bible. Just remember most of the time Jesus is mis-quoted. The only one that was there was the book of Mark and he was just a child during the teachings of Christ.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

This is precisely what i did - so i just have to say i know it works.
It is simple and unpretentious, just like God.

My dear sweet teacher/student you know that it does not work for everyone though. Especially the way Herman has posted he obviously has tried that route and it didnt work.

Though what you said did finally deliver the correct answers!

Sorry for helping derail your thread! Let the testimony continue!

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well, maybe Herman would do well to find a little goddess of his own....

beauty and the beast is the story of life

Herman - you should also read 'Many Lives Many Masters' by Brian L. Weiss.

it changed my life - also the Edgar Cayce readings tie into that same course on miracles...

There IS a voice called GOD. we all can hear it if we come to understand it not as a booming authority or else voice but rather as a sweet and soft non-intrusive always loyal invisible friend.

NOT imaginary - just INVISIBLE
kind of like a ghost but alive

if you have no means to get any of those books, Herman - PLEASE U2U me because i can help - just because i want to help you become at peace and be happy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join