It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand up and Be Counted - do you DARE?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
This is just a simple inquiry requiring nothing more than conviction and your name.

I,Jamie McKissick , believe whole heartedly.

I will know how you feel by the absence or presence of your name here on this page.

In my opinion, that's not quite a fair assumption, after all, it took me quite some time to see this thread.

**(meaning if God told you to strip naked and ride through NYC on a big black rhino wearing a spike color and a sign on your forehead that read 'WHORE of BABYLON' etc and said 'trust me it will be fine.' that you would not hesitate but would get naked right then and say CHARGE I am Charlemagne!!!!)

I'm not sure why, but my therapist has recommended I don't do that anymore.

It's a pleasure to meet you all.

[edit on 2/11/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I Lisa D., 100% believe in God and Jesus Christ my Messiah, and the Holy Spirit.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I wish I could believe like some of you on here

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
I,Jamie McKissick , believe whole heartedly.

And i thank you, Sir Jamie! WE thank you.

I will know how you feel by the absence or presence of your name here on this page.

In my opinion, that's not quite a fair assumption, after all, it took me quite some time to see this thread.

If it is removed from the same old standard that anything about Christ seems to be inexorably linked to a time limit. Yet Christ redeemed our eternal life! Which one says 'trust and loyalty?'

IOW - this thread will be available as long as the internet exists. I doubt any of us are going to be absent too long at all, if any.

I'm not sure why, but my therapist has recommended I don't do that anymore.

Well, you might just have to tell him it will be a 'prior commitment.' Because it was. How could you know? We didn't have spike collars or black rhino back then!

It's a pleasure to meet you all.

The pleasure is all mine, dear. (though that seems rather selfish, doesn't it?)

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Rockwell Louis Rains

"We're sorry, we like to encourage posts that contribute to the discussion.
Your post has been determined to be too short. Please use your browser's back button and add to your message"

too short? not contributing? oh noez!

[edit on 2/12/2007 by runetang]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman

Your first step my friend you have already taken. It all starts with but a wish, a thought, a need. May your path be full of joy and sorrow. We need them both.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman

You do, Her man...you do.
Believe in love again
Because love never forgot you
You have slept through pain

Arise and come forth My Love
The hour of dawn awaits us all
As the raven unites with the dove
And the last angel begins to call....

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

You have voted Herman for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
Rockwell Louis Rains

too short? not contributing? oh noez!

short below
tall above
just an act
a play on love
for the raven
and for the dove

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyPropag8r
I Lisa D., 100% believe in God and Jesus Christ my Messiah, and the Holy Spirit.

Sounds like good solid sound logic to me! But what else would we expect from such a practical thinker as thee?

(((((((((((xoxoxoxoxoxo)))))))))))))

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Arise and come forth My Love
The hour of dawn awaits us all
As the raven unites with the dove
And the last angel begins to call....

The Raven...damn it!

Has the last seal really been opened? Am I delusional here?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I cant get rid of these chills.

WTF?

God hits me with a hammer again!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Thank you very much for the vote and for the kind thoughts. I do appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thank you very much for the vote and for the kind words and thoughts. I do appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Diffently, positively believe 100% in GOD

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, and I will have my vengence in this world or the next.

Sorry I don't give my real name out to anyone on-line.

I also think everybody else should be careful doing so.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
As to the last seal, nay i dont think so.

That would be a monumentus.. up and coming event?

On the subject of believing, i used to be skeptical. Science class in school growing up had me thinking that God cannot be if things are so complex.

Then i realized, by myself, as i got into my early 20's that everything has harmony, and theres a reason. Gravity keeps the planets in line, the moon and sun rotating, the Earth itself. And our solar system is but a speck of sand..

So how does the vastness of the universe remain in ultimate order and harmony? WHY DOES GRAVITY EXIST? Who dun it? Why? How? God. It doesnt make sense and its not going to, because its beyond you. And me.

See, i was reading this atheist essay about how if God was real he'd be openly and blatantly interceding in the world for his followers, big time, like on the news type of events. But little did the atheist realize, he was making an arguement that if God existed there must be NO free will. If you could see God in the phyiscal with ur eyeballs right now, that wouldnt leave a choice to not believe, would it? U'd KNOW, without a shadow of a doubt, with certainty, mathematical certainty.

For God to exist there must be a choice of free will. i cant emphasize that enough. The reason it is hard to believe is because of free choice. You have the choice NOT TO.. if you want, and a second non-physical being called Beelzebub (Satan) to decieve people into making that choice, so they succumb to the merely physical and deny the creator. Then HE has dominion over their spirit in the afterlife for a set time..

So you see, not believing is being decieved. and a choice must exist. It has to be skeptical to the naive eye.. or else the deciever would have no dominion, no power, not exist. If he had no power to decieve, then none was granted by God, and if that is the case then God wouldnt exist either. It is a duality. But the deciever has to play his role.. as do we, as does the creator. All 3 must be for the existance lived by WE. You see, so dont ask me where God might be because i'll tell you he's in me and you and until we're through. Then we ARE a part of God .. the flesh is destroyed.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Sorry I don't give my real name out to anyone on-line.

I also think everybody else should be careful doing so.

Let them try to find me.. a bastard, they'd have a helluva time tracing me to the correct family or home.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I (100%) believe in God, the Father of the Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His Son, our Lord...... I believe in the Holy Spirit.... the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.

Around these parts, I go as Icarus Rising. My friends call me Icky. Y'all can call me Icky, if you wants.

Peace and Love.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Englebert Slapptibach

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
Let them try to find me.. a bastard, they'd have a helluva time tracing me to the correct family or home.

A bastard
a changeling
a hidden infant boy
a bull rushing in a basket
a tssk it, a task - it
Mary's black sheep LAM
is on UPS tracking

no one ever loses their way they just forget their eyes are blind
for when the hand of death carries you across the line
it is best that you don't remember the abyss you cross
even death is glad to be wearing a seven scarf folded blind

tu che