It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How has ATS affected you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think I have a more open opinion on life, possibilites, etc. I think it has help me in some things, aggravate me in others, but all in all, it has been good

-wD

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It has taught me a lot about... well, everything.

Also, I learned that I'm not crazy...
er...
Excuse me, I think the government is on to me!
*hides in a tent made of aluminum foil*

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Yeah i didnt know a whole lot till ATS came into my life...

Now my friends think i am even wierder and i have never looked at a single piece of media the same way, i know that for sure

Dont get me wrong though ingnorance was bliss untill i found this site. But i do fell a better person with the knowledge i have aquied here.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
ATS has confirmed by belief that 99.9% of the world is *ucking morons.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
i have become a little more wise, a little more paranoid (however i think i was headed in that direction anyway), and also somewhat thought a little more to be a bit crazy from friends.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Since I arrived in September, abovetopsecret.com (and during the transition denyignorance.com) has been my homepage. This is very very detrimental to my study habits.

My grades definately do not reflect my current lust for alternative knowledge. And I suppose they shouldn't. Before I arrived I was makin' A's and B's. This semester I was worried that I may not be able to scrape past accounting with a 34 on the final. Oh yeah, my final was tonight and instead of studying I spent like 5 hours on ATS this afternoon. Like right now, I have four chapters to memorize for horticulture and what am I doing?

Yup this semester I have the worst grades I have ever received and I owe it to ATS (and my own lack of will power to tear myself away). What can you do when you have to research an assignment and are instantaneously confronted with topics that need you input???

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
that ignorance is bliss...weee fun. All in all...I really don't know any more...I can't witness everything first hand...of course..eh? Friends and acquaintences have brought many good points out in the meantime with all my "conspiracy" theories...therefore....I am going to be ignorant...I by myself can't change the world...nor can you. Just respect one another..that's all I can say. A friend in need is a friend indeed...eh?

[Edited on 18-12-2003 by xenongod]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
ATS has made me realise that some people really have no heart.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   
~If anything, the members keep me comin here with their ideas and thoughts. I love the ufo/alien thread the most. I love the stories people tell of possible encounters and such. ATS has drasticly changed my viewpoints about many things altogther and made me a little more skeptic too. I love the fact that MOST of the people get along here to. Different people and different cultures all sharing the same interests. It's awesome.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by HerExcellency
It's very difficult to not log on...I may need intervention.

hrxll

I think that about sums it up. Whenever a have a free minute or two, I check up on the board to see what's going on. We need to start a support group.

[Edited on 12/19/03 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I'd have to agree with several people,I was warned this was addictive,and it is,but I like it..Is that bad?I tend to question alot more things than I used to before ATS,mabey thats bad,except I feel better knowing that I'm not gonna take everything thats handed to me as truth,so mabey thats good? Look what you've done ATS!!!!! P.S. and I thank you!!

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allen
I'd have to agree with several people,I was warned this was addictive,and it is,but I like it..Is that bad?I tend to question alot more things than I used to before ATS,mabey thats bad,except I feel better knowing that I'm not gonna take everything thats handed to me as truth,so mabey thats good? Look what you've done ATS!!!!! P.S. and I thank you!!

Yeah man, this place is like heroin.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by �any
ATS has made me realise that some people really have no heart.

Why did you needed ATS for that? Do you never get out, read the news or watch TV?

Hi, my name is John Doe, and I'm addicted to ATS. I was too addicted after the first few times. But I think it's a good addiction. What a love the most about ATS is the possibility to read other's people opinion on a pleiade of different topics. And the possibility of discussing with people who 'think outside the box'. Wich is also possible outside of ATS, but I couldn't help but realise that so many open-minded peoples gather here. (there's also many of the opposite, but they are everywhere too...)

ATS made me realise that appearance can be deceiving.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join