It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How has ATS affected you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
A new member named Pandemonium inspired this thread.

I would like to know, how has ATS affected you? Do you think you're wiser? Have you dug to deep in a certain subject that now you wish you hadn't? Do you feel more enlightened or more spiritual? Have you noticed if it's very difficult to speak with people you know regarding the topics of interest to you? I�m sure you all have your good and bad experiences regarding the knowledge provided on this forum. So, could you tell me has it changed your way of thinking?

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I am a lot wiser by participating in ATS. I never knew what the new world order was, because the only place I heard that phrase was in the WWE.

It's made me a lot more knowledgeable, it enables me to see what really goes on out there. Most ordinary people wouldn't even think of giving the type of stuff discussed here a second thought. This place is truly Above Top Secret.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
ATS has made me alot more hateful and angry.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's nice knowing that there are so many people out there who beleive in Aliens and have seen UFO's.

I also used to say that the government uses TV and Movies to release info to the public, and now I see it's true !

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

Flinx

I hope you can convert that energy into something useful to yourself and humanity. That's an acid test of quality of your character.

There sure is plenty to be righteously angry about, and humans who need to evolve.

For me, ATS has affected me in the most surprising and unimaginable way possible in the area of connectedness, and (in a little more subdued sense) it has been informational and fun. It ought to be a fun site.

I'm no better or worse at getting my case across outside ATS as a result of ATS. I'm fine that way. ATS just provides snippets that can lead to better insights.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think ATS colloborated with other events in my life to make me interested in history. This is really weird because I used to hate history, but now I see how everything is connected and there is MUCH to be learned from the past. Also ATS has widened my view of the world, admitedly, in a slanted way

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

hmm. I wouldn't say ATS has made me angry, but it sure as hell brings it to the surface at times.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm learning a lot from members all over the world. We're really not that much different. We have different opinions, but I don't agree with everything my friends say either. I think it's important to listen to different viewpoints and respect them. Maybe you can learn something whether you agree with them or not. There are some extremely smart people here.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I too know I am a lot wiser than a year ago. I would even say that in all my research and reading and digging it's getting easier to add 2+2 together. Yes, I have also become more upset with how I see the world. But knowing this I have also learned how lucky I am. I may not like some of the things that my country does but in turn I do like what my country has to offer. Also, things that used to be important to me are no longer. Wisdom, the accumulation of knowledge and information along with love, optimism and self-actualization has literally boosted my self-confidence and social interaction. I am grateful for the knowledge I have gained; yet, disappointed at the same time.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have really learned a lot of stuff about our government(american) and how it is corrupt in some peoples minds and they also have their own reasons for this. Yet, most of all, what ATS has done for me is a really dirty pair of shorts after reading about some of the creepy stuff that has happened to people

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'm either more in touch with my subconcious or more deluded than ever. Is there a difference?

I've actually really creeped myself out on more than one occassion on ATS just thinking.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I knew most of the stuff on here before I came here, just because I read veraciously.
It gives me a great mental crutch though. It's always great to know you're not alone in just thinking.
I don't post too much but I read it all, and I mean everything. There's a varying degree of informed (I don't want to say intelligent..) posting across all the forums and threads, but all of it is valid. You never get the same degree of sniping and crap you get on other boards. It just reassures me and gives me hope that not everyone�s consciousness is asleep.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Participating in forums at ATS helps to improve my ability to present an argument and see it through.

For me there has been some learning but not a lot because I have been at this stuff for sometime now. Once in awhile somebody teaches me a new trick or pulls out a dusty old conspiracy that I haven't seen in awhile, I like the oldies the best!

It would be interesting to start looking at conspiracies in history as a way to start people off by showing them that despite what society tells them conspiracies do in fact exist.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It makes me feel alot better about myself, that's for sure.

And if nothing else, it does sort of give a feeling as to what kind of people are really out there who don't choose to express their beliefs publicly.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   
ATS gives me....sore eyes and a bad back!
Apart from that I feel like I am better at presenting my opinions and arguments to others who are often smarter than me and it's helped me learn a hell of alot. I'm also glad to be in a community full of so many cool people. It's nice to be part of something.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I dont get Laid much anymore

ATS just opens up new horizons, and lets you view the world as it really is.
Deep

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
ATS has confirmed my presupposition that there is no escape.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I've been kicking a lot of this stuff around in my head for the last 20 years or so, particularly with the Ancient Civilizations forum.

It has given me more people to discuss things with though, and that has led me to looking more at the big picture of how all of these conspiracies and mysteries inter-relate. We all have our interests and something different to contribute in that regard.

While I freely admit that I don't agree with everything presented, seeing more information will allow me to expand my thinking and see things from a different perspective.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I only come here for the Aviation and Weaponary forums, so I find that NWO (in paticular), Aliens, etc forums all give me a bloody good laugh.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It's very difficult to not log on...I may need intervention.

hrxll

top topics

<<   2 >>

join