It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA still needs more Arabs-Hypothesis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have been thinking a lot about why the CIA or FBI cannot seem to find enough Arab interpreters. Don�t they have hundreds of them? Don�t they have translation programs? What if the FBI or CIA are actually recruiting these Arabs to send over to Iraq and pretend they are civilians? Does it make sense? And yet they are still looking for more �translators� I don�t know about anyone else but it just seems that since they called upon Arab Americans for translators there has been a flood of U.S. support by only a handful of Arabs.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Possibly these so called "civilians" are also the ones attacking US troops and bombing convoys. Could this all be one big cover up for the real "iraqi fredom" oporation?

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It is easy to get Arab interpreters. It is extremely hard for any western nation to infiltrate Arab based terrorist organisations. The core of these organisations are based on people who have either known each other or proved their loyalty to each other for many years. There is also the boundary of unique local customs for each area, as well as unique local and tribal 'slang' known only to each tribe. The tribal system is also a large factor that makes it easy to trace someone�s family, heritage and history. Everyone knows each other, and if they don�t it is easy to find out who you are or who you�re not. It's not a relatively simple case of 'hello I like your ideas, I'd like to join you' as it is or was with such organisations as the Communists.

join