It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the greatest Super Hero of all time?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I vote for SPAWN

Al Simmons, is a former black ops guy who was murdered by who he thought was one of his best friends. During death he promised to be a hell spawn if he could get back to his wife. Hell want him to led their army in the future battle for all. They send him back many years later, disformed, and with his wife married to another one of his friends.

He eventually learns to use his many powers, and makes the choice to fight evil, instead of being evil.

I have the first 30 comics sealed in glass cases. Own all of the HBO made comic tv show (3cds). Have seen the crappy movie they made that almost killed the franchise.

What about you. Got anyone better than SPAWN, doubt it.

Just for note BATMAN, comes in a close second. I also own two cross overs that have the two fighting evil together.

www.spawn.com...

[edit on 9-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Everyone is afraid of Spawn. Its ok. I can understand that when some one leads with Spawn, what's the point arguing

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I can list a few that could prolly take spawn
1.Wolverine nuff said bub'
2.Dark pheonix fo sho
3.Evil Ernie heh think bout it
4.Constatine would send him back to hell.
5.Ghost Rider (The stare)
6.Superman (The Man)
7.Doc Strange could prolly figure something out.
8.I'm going out on a limb here but I'll even throw out... Conan. haha maybe not

Spawn is a BadA$$ though

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Super man, no doubt... Spider man is kind of wimpy... I always thought Super man was the ultimate super hero...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Super man, no doubt... Spider man is kind of wimpy... I always thought Super man was the ultimate super hero...

the problem is that super man is pretty much the most one dimensional hero of all time
his personality rivals that of burnt toast

i'd say spider-man is a good candidate
he's incredibly human
he deals with the same things that everyone his age will have to deal with

the hulk is also a good candidate
superhero who's weakness is control and multiple personality disorder

captain america is up there as well

iron man fits in

what is the criteria
are we ranking this by power?
because if that's what we're going by then goku wins by leaps and bounds

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

My Balls superman

If Lex Luther can beat superman, than anyone can. Hell, batman could beat superman. A little Kriptonite, which is apparently quite plentiful, turns him into a whiny little runt.

Silver Surfer
Dr. Manhattan
I'm pretty sure the Hulk could even beat him.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I would say Spidey but...

It has to be Batman. Given time, he can defeat anyone. Did anyone read the ish where Ra's Al Ghul broke into the BatCave?
Well, he copied Batman's computer and used the plans Batman had made in case the JL went rogue to defeat every member of the Justice League.
Sure it wasn't Batman who did it, but he is pretty much al Ghul's equal, and all of those tactics were his.

In the real world however (real??) Spider-Man could be considered the greatest hero considering I read he was the most popular and earns the most money.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Spider man is a wimp... You all don't know what a super hero is.. :shk:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
C'mon guys, the answer is simple. There is no argument for my pick. None. It has to be Diaper Man! (Remember that cartoon?)

Man, anybody ever changed a poopy diaper? Let me tell you, Superman would be begging for some Kryptonite if he got splattered!

Yep, it's diaperman all the way!

[edit on 23-2-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What about when Spidey got all of thos powers he was Galactic Spiderman or something. Its said he could even take Superman then. That's how he beat Venom like a little red headed step child. But like the punk he is, he gave up the powers because he thought they would corrupt him like venom did.

Spawn still rules though.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Ash from the evil dead movies would dominiate all these fools..I love the line, "its just pillow talk baby". Who could dare challenge a man with a chainsaw for a hand

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GiantPanda1979
Who could dare challenge a man with a chainsaw for a hand

A man with razor sharp adamantium claws on both hands maybe?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Or a man who could rip the chainsaw off, pull it apart and then put it back together and make it chase you around the room?

His status as a hero is disputed (by me). I see him as a hero. He's just doing what is right for his species.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Okay "super hero" meaning super powers, right? How is Batman a super hero? He has no super powers, does he?

Greatest super hero of all time has all the powers of Superman with none of the weaknesses.

Obviously-

Mighty Mouse!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Or a man who could rip the chainsaw off, pull it apart and then put it back together and make it chase you around the room?

LOL. That's the funniest thing I've read in ages. Nicely put.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by Stark]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
GiantPanda1979

"Hell to the King baby"

I love Wolverine too. He has the mutant ability that I would choose to have
if I could. Constant Healing.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Spider man is a wimp... You all don't know what a super hero is.. :shk:

a wimp?
because, you know, have strength proportional to that of a spider is wimpy...

are you saying that because he's acrobatic?

here's the thing, he's fought off more powerful enemies because he's friggin brilliant

but, to harken back to bankie in mall rats
how does one qualify a superhero as great?
is it combat prowess?
keen detection skills?
or something more?

i'd say DC characters should be ruled out
they all have huge flaws
and it isn't just in their gaping weaknesses, like the color yellow or a special rock
many of them are just waaay too 2-dimensional and in their world they are all seen as purely heroic

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Spawn is a good call. But, based on global fame, and sheer power I would say that the greatest overall is Superman. He has a single weakness, and tirelessly aids those in crisis, while asking for nothing in return. Not even praise, as he hides his identity and works at a job by day to earn his living. The song about him says it all 'hey Bob, Supe's got a steady job, even though he could break in any bank in the united states, he would not.'

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
for me it is Darkman

Yea he has only one enemy realy but dang I love the jacket and hat combo...

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Who couldn't love his charm ^_~

[edit on 5/3/07 by FudgeStix]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join