It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electro-magnet Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Since electro-magnets are controlled, as opposed to regular magnets, I was wondering if you could create a cancelling force between two magnets. Would this cancelling force be a zero gravity point? I am going to test this with small objects at first, so if anyone has any insight, let me know. If you could point me to good references in order to constuct durable electro-magents of small sizes it would be much appreciated.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I have been doing some short researched and realized, this really won't have any effect towards gravity but more or less electric fields. Since Einstiens field theory is quite plausible, I wonder if I could maybe just touch the subject by manipulating magnetic fields enought to maybe...this is just an hypothesis...maybe move a non-magenetic object using electromagnetic fields.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Let me know how that goes.
Essentially what you will find isnt that you can so much as cancel out a magnetic field, as you will be bending that field, warping it as such... get yourself some ferrous powder, so you can see the magnetic fields. It will help you greatly.

I like the fact that you are performing the experiment yourself, instead of immediately trusting a written source. It's shows a determination to the facts that few share.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I am going to try my very own...mini Philadephia experiment. Hopefully it goes well.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If I understand what you mean by 'zero gravity point', then this is not going to happen. You could with an extremely strong electromagnet, levitate a metallic object, by creating a lifting force equal to the gravitational force acting on it. But that doesn't nullify the gravitational effects, just balances it out. There is no (known) link between electromagnetic forces and gravity.

edit begins here:
Incidentally, good for you on doing some experiments on your own. If you want to build a really simple electromagnet, you can take an object like a pencil, wrap copper wire around it, and hook both ends of wire to a battery. The more coils you have, the stronger it will be, so winding it tight is a good thing. There's other stuff you can do, too, but that's about the simplest.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by DragonsDemesne]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well I am going to start small, and try and calculate how much energy and coil it takes to make a powerful magnet. This way I can create hypothesies on larger objects.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is I believe what you are looking for.

The Levitron and the Perpetuator.

Levitron.com

The physics of the Levitron is quite interesting and you can read up here... Some calculus required

Spin stabilized magnetic levitation

with electro magnetic pulse you can keep the Levitron in the air for days.. even weeks.

This is a Semi conductor at work....

these are two examples of Diamagnetic Levitation, which occurs at room temperature.

This can actually be made into a kind of motor such as the following.

Anyway...

This stuff is really hot at the moment, we could see this type of tech finding it's way into our transport systems.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Thanks So much for all of those videos, they were amazing !!!

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I almost never give these out anymore but...

You have voted Neon Haze for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I'll have a look at that document you posted, too. Sounds interesting

top topics

join