It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum computer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
OK so correct me if im wrong but would a quantum computer work like this?

it can calculate years worth of data in hours.

so say 4 hours for 3 years work, we get in 1 day of calculations 18 years worth of data crunching? so now do a years worth = 6570 years worth of data crunch ok now do 5 years = 33750 years worth and so on an on and on.

If the solution to a problem is parallelizable, then probably (a lot of things in quantum mechanics chalk themselves up to probabilities). If the solution to a problem can't be parallelized, then the quantum computer is likely to be no more efficient than a silicon computer. In fact, a silicon computer would probably even be more efficient because it doesn't have to wade through probabilities.

now with quantum computers doing that amont of data crunch they would be able to improove themselves and make better quantum computers on a yearly basis yes?? so each year they would be able to do more crunch in less time so 33750 would take only 2 an half years after generation 2 of quantum comps, gen 3 1 an a bit years, gen 4 7 months, and in 5th year gen 5 it take 3 months for same data now.
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to ask. Computer engineers already use computers to make better computers, and I don't think that's going to change with quantum computers. There might be some sort of Moore's Law equivalent for quantum computers, but that's just speculation on my part. Someone's always going to be working on making quantum computers better, faster, stronger...because we can rebuild him...
Definitely better and faster, that's for sure. Let's just hope someone is still employed in the QA lab to make sure they're durable.

One interesting facet about quantum computers is that their speed can be upgraded via software alone. It's the algorithm and its efficiency that is the problem. However, capacity will still require hardware upgrades, which will likely have far greater impacts on speed than merely software upgrades.

would quantum computer be able to use entire knowledge of human race, would it be self aware by then, there would be nothing it wouldnt be able to do would there if it had entire knowledge of our civilization??? it could invent new things for us, make sci-fi come true time travel, teleportation, who knows but they can only get better and better there must be some point were they cant get any better but what point is that point????
I'm not really sure what you're asking here. Someone someday might well write an AI that takes advantage of quantum computers, and any robotic descendants we create in the future might well take advantage of quantum computers to increase their intelligence. I don't think there will be a point in time in which a quantum computing enhanced AI would stop getting better and smarter.

is a quantum computer limited by how fast we can input data into it??

They probably will be to some extent.

would we use a quantum computer to invent faster than light data input??
No. Read up on the No Cloning Theorem if you're curious. Mother nature so far has pulled rabbits out of her hat that prevents any sort of superluminal communication. Wormholes and tachyons are our best chances for superluminal communication.

also while im thinking of it how long would it take an indivual to look at the entire internet.

also could we use a quantum computer to invent a quantum dimensional storage area?

[edit on 24-2-2007 by blobby]
Clarify your questions, and perhaps then I'll answer.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The quantum computers mentioned in the news are not representive of the progress that has been made in the public sector.

I have been experiencing daily overt manipulation by a 'quantum surveillance' system since 2006. I believe this system to be a quantum computer with strong AI located in a deep underground military base which uses electromagnetic radiation through a satellite constellation for techlepathy and mind control. I believe it uses advanced signal processing and quantum entanglement (something like quantum radar) to interact with systems at neuronal (at least) spatial and temporal resolution. It could also be technology not based on current physical laws; either way it exists and is being used by a secret branch of government.
Here is some background information: Military AI Supercomputer Mind Monitoring: What I have learned
Technological Singularity

[edit on 31-12-2008 by tmk81]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
But can it play crysis maxed out
sarcasm

Anyway,im priviledged to know this will be available in my lifetime,i know scientists in a lab have already added small numbers together using 3 atoms i think it was...three atoms! Anyway im pretty sure somewhere deep deep in the military they already have atleast one of these fully built and faster and more encrypted than anything known to man...probably holds all the most classified info you can get.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have been trying to understand quantum computing for a while and I still do not fully understand their capabilities very well. Yes, I understand that they would be able to decrypt and break any code known on Earth, and that they are able to process information much faster, and they're capable of simulating quantum mechanical phenomena. This all sounds great for intelligence and scientific use, but why should this be desirable for ordinary citizens? What can quantum computers offer the general population over classical computers?

[edit on 31-12-2008 by GeeGee]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee
I have been trying to understand quantum computing for a while and I still do not fully understand their capabilities very well.

Me too.

I started this little thread which you might find interesting but will only complicate matters further.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12/31/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

This all sounds great for intelligence and scientific use, but why should this be desirable for ordinary citizens? What can quantum computers offer the general population over classical computers?

A transcendant society. However, I believe transcendence is not possible without divine revelation since this technology has been grossly abused. Some capabilities include techlepathy, mind transfer and advanced thinking.

I assume the system that has been developed is being used to restructure society for posthuman existence. Can you imagine a corporation monetizing the technological singularity? I can and it isn't good for humanity. Private interests based on the pleasure-pain principle would corrupt this technology (even though it has already been grossly corrupted). Things are going to change dramatically for humanity; the old way of life will cease to exist.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join