It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abuse Of Cerebral Palsy 4yr old Girl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
After reading the immensely sad story the other day of the woman in America who stabbed her two daughters in the throat, i switch on the News this morning and see this story:

4yr old girl tortured and abused

How incredibly sad is this?
I realise that at some point, the social services are to blame, but there seems to be a pattern here of blaming them more than the parents themselves.
For those who cant be bothered to read the link, they had a 4yr old daughter who suffered from Cerebral Palsy. They poured boiling water over her hands, forced her to sleep naked in the toilet at night, forced her to eat her own faeces, kicked her repeatedly in the groin causing internal injuries.
After finally being rescued, she was in so much pain that doctors had to examine her under general anaesthetic.

My question here, is why do we allow these people to even have the chance to have more children.
One week ago, i read a case about someone abusing animals, and apart from the sentence they got, they were banned from owning an animal for the rest of their life.

Why are we not doing that with monsters like this?
Between them, the mother and father got 22years.
Thankfully, this girl didnt die and she now resides with foster parents. But why should they be allowed out at age 35 or so and be able to have ANOTHER child.
I mean, is there any reason to suspect that if they DID have another baby, that they wouldnt do the same thing again?

In my own opinion, once someone is found guilty of doing stuff like this to a child...they should be shot.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by geek101]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I also wanted to add something else. A point which i never understood.

Why is it that if i were to punch someone in the street, i would be arrested for assault.

Yet time and time again, we hear of cases such as this, where Social Services knew or at least suspected abuse was going on, and all that happens is that they are put on the "at risk" register.
Why are people like this not arrested immediately?

I dont know where English law stands on this, and it has always amazed me that someone can abuse their child, that someone can SEE evidence of that abuse and all that happens is regular visits from Social Services

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
According to the same article:

Although the girl was initially removed by Westminster City Council's social services after domestic violence between Harte and Duncan, she was returned home last January despite the concerns of her foster carers. Within four weeks, Duncan broke her arm, an assault that was followed by other sickening attacks.

Although it is understood that up to 20 visits were made to the family by social services and other care professionals, no abuse was suspected, despite the social workers apparently being told on a quarter of these occasions that the child was out with her father.

Now this girl had boiling water poured on her hands, clumps of hair ripped from her scalp, kicked in the groin which resulted in internal bleeding and permanent liver damage, and her arm broken. Out of a quarter of the visits, these social workers could not have determined she was being abused?

Cerebral Palsy

What is Cerebral Palsy?

The term cerebral palsy refers to any one of a number of neurological disorders that appear in infancy or early childhood and permanently affect body movement and muscle coordination but don’t worsen over time. Even though cerebral palsy affects muscle movement, it isn’t caused by problems in the muscles or nerves. It is caused by abnormalities in parts of the brain that control muscle movements. The majority of children with cerebral palsy are born with it, although it may not be detected until months or years later. The early signs of cerebral palsy usually appear before a child reaches 3 years of age. The most common are a lack of muscle coordination when performing voluntary movements (ataxia); stiff or tight muscles and exaggerated reflexes (spasticity); walking with one foot or leg dragging; walking on the toes, a crouched gait, or a “scissored” gait; and muscle tone that is either too stiff or too floppy. A small number of children have cerebral palsy as the result of brain damage in the first few months or years of life, brain infections such as bacterial meningitis or viral encephalitis, or head injury from a motor vehicle accident, a fall, or child abuse.

With this sort of treatment, it makes me wonder if the parents are not directly to blame for the child's condition altogether. This is a sad case indeed.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mephorium

Now this girl had boiling water poured on her hands, clumps of hair ripped from her scalp, kicked in the groin which resulted in internal bleeding and permanent liver damage, and her arm broken. Out of a quarter of the visits, these social workers could not have determined she was being abused?

exactly. Also somewhere in the article, it states that the Grandmother was the one who alerted Social Services after realising something wasnt right. That surprised me too. These injuries sound like they would have been obvious.
They did, at some point, place the girl with foster parents but then gave her back to her parents in January.
One can be thankful that she didnt die at least, but its still a horrific case. I just hope that now she;s with someone who loves her and cares for her.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I just don't understand why people like this even have kids in the first place. Why don't they get an abortion? You can't tell me they don't believe in abortion because they have such a respect for human life.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

In my own opinion, once someone is found guilty of doing stuff like this to a child...they should be shot.

Someone after my own heart! I absolutely agree with you on that one.
This world has no need for the likes of these two. Torturing a child. And a handicapped child at that. Oh man, that is so agregious.

Yes indeed I agree with you. Execute them.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
As being a foster parent for around 10 years,I can tell you we are(foster parents) the last one's anyone will listen to .

top topics

join