It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology gained after Roswell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have read and heard many things about the Roswel crash...so many things that I'm not sure what to believe.
Among them is the claim that technologies such as fiber-optics and night vision and even microchips were devoloped from things that were found at the crash.
I find some of this a bit unbelievable and want to know if anyone has any information that could perhaps prove some of these things even in a small way or tell me some of the things that you have heard about the Roswell incident as I am very interested in this subject.

Also does anyone have any links (besides having to do with ATS, as I can just go to the "main menu" and find it for myself) to other websites that talk about this subject?

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by Blitersety]

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
the book "the day after roswell" is probably the most comprehensive book dealing with the subject of back-engineered roswell technology....as for websites, i'm sure google will give you a wealth of options.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Resistors made during that time frame, too? To go from vaccuum tubes to tiny little resistors... hmm...

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I thought the only thing we got from the Roswell crash was velcro?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dusty
I thought the only thing we got from the Roswell crash was velcro?

Not even. It was a 1951 patent by a guy in Sweden (I think...I just looked it up the other day).

Velour Crochet technology, inspired by the burr. Vel/Cro

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
Resistors made during that time frame, too? To go from vaccuum tubes to tiny little resistors... hmm...

Not sure but I think that you mean transistors instead of resistors.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Does anyone know if that book "The Day After Roswell," written by Corso, was accurate? It sounds like he has a lot of credibility, but he might have still made it all up.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think Corso is legit and I have good reasons to believe it. Of course there are many out there that would want everyone to believe otherwise.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Night vision, Fiber optics & Microchips... Reverse engineered from Roswell?
Let's take a closer look at these technologies....

Night Vision - Technology gleaned from reverse engineering Roswell UFO?
Answer: No way, no how....

Although night vision did not really become mainstream until the 1960's in the Vietnam War, the technology and research had been in place well before the 1947 Roswell incident. Night vision was a marrying of infrared research and television technology.

Night Vision History: Modern night vision innovations, beginning in the early 1940�s, have forever changed the politics of combat and self preservation. In WW2, the U.S., Great Britain, and Germany each worked on basic night vision technology involving an infrared sniper scope. This early version scope proved cumbersome and marginally effective. It wasn�t until the 1960�s and the Vietnam era did the military see the first generation of night vision devices. The obvious advantages of the technology encouraged further investment in innovation.

Fiber Optics - Technology gleaned from reverse engineering Roswell UFO?
Answer: Definitely NOT...

This technology has been around at least in crude, rudementary fashion since the 1930's. Roswell had nothing to do with this technology...

Fiber Optic History: The first person known to have demonstrated image transmission through a bundle of optical fibers was Heinrich Lamm, a medical student in Munich. His goal was to look inside inaccessible parts of the body, and in a 1930 paper he reported transmitting the image of a light bulb filament through a short bundle. This was the first instance of "fiber optics" being used.

Microchip technology - Technology gleaned from reverse engineering Roswell UFO?
Answer: Maybe...

The roots of microchip technology go back to military industries such as Fairchild... also the date the patent was granted was well after the 1947 Roswell incident - plenty of time to crack open alien technology and figure out how it works. One thing for sure however - IF it was reverse engineered from Roswell technology it only sped up the inevitable miniaturization of integrated circuits.

Microchip History: In 1959 researcher Jack Kilby and Texas Instruments received U.S. patent #3,138,743 for miniaturized electronic circuits.

Technologies that may have come from alien reverse engineering:
WITH LINKS, JUST AS YOU ASKED

* Anti-gravity - if it exists (and I believe it does)
* Shape shifting metals and airframes
* Piezoelectrics

[Edited on 18-12-2003 by intelgurl]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well, the book even stated that the US first got the first, but primitive, night vision from the Germans after WWII. The spoils of war I suppose. They said that the Germans had it as early as the 1930s. (did the book say 1936?)

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I always joke with my uncle about his job (he worked at least 20 years in the nevada desert)I ask if he's seen any aliens or if they got certain aircraft technology from that crash,he still won't tell me anything,although it's a theory of mine that certain air force designs were not our own,and his silence and mannerisms seem to speak volumes when I ask certain questions.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
As far as Piezoelectricity goes, from the link in intelgurls post:

In 1880, the brothers Pierre Curie and Jacques Curie predicted and demonstrated piezoelectricity using tinfoil, glue, wire, magnets, and a jeweler's saw. They showed that crystals of tourmaline, quartz, topaz, cane sugar, and Rochelle salt (sodium potassium tartrate tetrahydrate) generate electrical polarization from mechanical stress. Quartz and Rochelle salt exhibited the most piezoelectricity. Twenty natural crystal classes exhibit direct piezoelectricity.

Also, why does the American Antigravity site persist with the lifters? They are clearly not antigravity devices. As testing them in vacuum have proven.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
There are other technologies supposidly derived from Roswell:

aerodynamics to some extent,
ergonomics,
human/machine interfacing
liquid crystal and touch display
lasers and holographics

there are others related technologies rumoured to come from the Roswell Crash.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
As far as Piezoelectricity goes, from the link in intelgurls post

OOPS! obviously I failed to do my homework on that one... (feeling a bit embarassed)

Also, why does the American Antigravity site persist with the lifters? They are clearly not antigravity devices. As testing them in vacuum have proven.

As for Anti-Gravity and lifters I agree, but of course there's more to that link than lifters...

The point I guess I should clarify is that I'm first of all not convinced that Roswell was an alien incident...
However IF it was, whatever the propulsion method was, it would certainly be a priority to reverse engineer it.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
maybe I'm stating the obvious, but wouldn't the only things that we could've possibly gotten from Roswell, are things that the military has invented, just look for major high tech gadgets that came about around the roswell time or sometime thereafter, and go from there. No one else but the military could've invented stuff from the crash, seeing as how they were the only ones to have access to the crash...?

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mastermind
maybe I'm stating the obvious, but wouldn't the only things that we could've possibly gotten from Roswell, are things that the military has invented...

Obvious yes - But good point just the same - except I would venture to say not the "military" but rather the defense industry... ie: Lockheed, Bell, and the myriad of other companies in bed with the military at that time...
(I could give a longer list but why? you get the idea :@@

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Excellent work Intelgurl, but as one mentioned, the Germans were the first working on night vision. And, they were the ones to recover the first crash. Roswell simply expedited this...as they had more examples to work from. It took time to work into production, believably....as with other advances gleaned from the crashes....

Does anyone know if that book "The Day After Roswell," written by Corso, was accurate? It sounds like he has a lot of credibility, but he might have still made it all up

Sounds like the initial poster had either read or heard of it no? I happen to believe that a good deal of the book is dead on accurate. However, Mr. Corso (like many G-Men) has a tendency to overestimate his own role in the matter, and importance. There is no doubting his record, duties, etc. and it is rather surprising he isn't cited more often as an example. One may pick apart his timelines, but hell, I can't recall exact years and dates of many things in my life either...so I'm not going to crusify for it...

The simple way to answer this question is this...

Does it seem likely that ONE country developed SO MANY advances, SO RAPIDLY, after ONE EVENT, without that event somehow being related...???

No...

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
concerning the sudden advances made in that time frame one shouldn't forget the investments in technology that were made during WWII, they would have started to see the first results at that moment.

I don't think that so many new inventions could have been made so shortly after the crash, certainly not if the technology was completly "alien" to us. The amount of understanding needed to succesfully reverse-engineer a completly unknow technology would probably take several decades to really come into effect.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
There are other technologies supposidly derived from Roswell:

aerodynamics to some extent,
ergonomics,
human/machine interfacing
liquid crystal and touch display
lasers and holographics

there are others related technologies rumoured to come from the Roswell Crash.

You see how greedy we are? We can't come up with these technologies on our own so we have steal them from crashed space craft. What's worse is that none of these technologies benefits us. It only benefits the government and the military.

LtPG97

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
mrmulder,

interesting points and some agreement with them but not total agreement.

there is an old saying 'everything new is old again' and 'the best idea is one you steal from someone else' both suggesting that there is not much new really and that there is less honor amongst smart people than the rest of us.

the tech itself has benefitted us just have a hard look at a recent auto for evidence of that. But I do agree that usage of this tech has been watered down and was slow to be adopted for day to day human consumption and thus it has not benefited the citizen as much as it could have or should have.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join