It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe in god not religion.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Are any of us perfect? Certainly not, this is why mankind needs a Saviour, we are spiritually dead.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by thehumbleone]

We are all Perfect. Existence is Perfect and We are Existence. The savior of the Human species is its self.

Believing in a God is religion. To believe in Every thing and No thing is to Be God

[edit on 10-2-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Are any of us perfect? Certainly not, this is why mankind needs a Saviour, we are spiritually dead.

We are all Perfect. Existence is Perfect and We are Existence. The savior of the Human species is its self

WOW... what an ego.

We are perfect eh? That's the most egotistical crock I've heard.

We are our own savior? WTF?

Dude, I'm talking about spiritual redemption, don't you realize you're gonna die one day?

If I was you I wouldn't want to be caught guilty on judgment day.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
We are Perfect. We are Existence. Existence is Perfect and if it was Not Perfect it would cease to continue Existing.

Yes, We are our own savior. Ego is merely the love of the self, yes I love me, because within me is Every thing, including you, and I love you too.

My body may die, but Eternal energy, that which is the Existence, will live for ever, and in it, We live for ever

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The expectations of a specific standard of perfection causes the idea of the imperfect, yet the imperfect Exists through the Perfect

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
We are Perfect. We are Existence. Existence is Perfect and if it was Not Perfect it would cease to continue Existing.

Yes, We are our own savior. Ego is merely the love of the self, yes I love me, because within me is Every thing, including you, and I love you too

Dude, that's fine if you love yourself, Jesus commanded us to love ourselves, he said "Love your neighbor as yourself."

All I'm saying is don't let your ego cloud you from the Truth, 'cause it will come back to bite you in the @$$.

Trust me, I did that for about 2-3 years.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
We are here to serve one another, Not a separate God. Any thing that is divine is with Us, We are with any thing divine, any thing divine is throughout (omnipresent) and any thing that is through out (omnipresent) is any and every thing Existing.

You are divine, I am divine, the omnipresence of which God is described to have is present within you and within me, We worship each other and are in service to each other as We would "God"

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich1974
I am not a god denier. I believe in god. I don't believe in religion because it is false doctrine based on sun worship and pagan rituals. It has been used for death and destruction for ages. If it was truly divine it would bring more peace not more war. It brings death and destruction because it comes from pagan origins and has nothing to do with god. The word church means vagina, look it up. Churches have steeples representing a penis. This is sexual symbolism. When you go to church your are worshiping in a metaphorical vagina. What does that have to do with god?

Dude, i seriously don't know where you get this stuff from, but i will tell you once again, Jesus said whoever wants to worship God, let him worship him in spirit and truth. this is because God is a spirit, I worship God in spirit and truth, which is how he is supposed to be worshiped.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
History,

If you really study where all this religion came from it will blow your mind. I understand your viewpoint, and I am not trying to be harsh. It is a large majority of christians think they are special because they believe in the saviour. All I am saying is religions are man made, and when you study how they came about you can understand their shortcommings.

For Example, the true meaning of the word church.

It really comes from the early English word that means "circle." The biblical word that is translated "church" is the Greek word ekklesia (feminine gender) has nothing to do with the word "circle" that describes a shape

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Dude, I really feel sad that things like this have made you lose faith, you're not the first person who I've talked to about this kind of stuff.

I don't know what to say man, it's something I've argued a million times before, and I'm certainly not gonna argue about it again.

I really wish you all could have the kind of faith Jesus wants us to have.

18 Early in the morning, as he was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. 19 Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, "May you never bear fruit again!" Immediately the tree withered.

20 When the disciples saw this, they were amazed. "How did the fig tree wither so quickly?" they asked.

21 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. 22If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." MATTHEW 21

23" 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." MARK 9

Dude, I know the conviction of the holy spirit is within you, you have to listen very carefully to hear it.

I like the way Ben91069 said it in THIS thread, i'll quote him here.

Originally posted by Ben91069
Because it is far from our nature, it is hidden right in front of you.

The culmination of all the gospels point to one conclusion or truth. The Holy Spirit is the small voice inside you that tries to remind you of that truth and to accept it, and that is that the price has been paid for your sins and that the debt has been cancelled. In other words, all sin has been forgiven. This is the truth that the Holy Spirit tries to convey in everything.

When we deny that this is not true, we are blaspheming the spirit by calling it a liar. This is calling God a liar and it makes it impossible for you to be forgiven and have your sins erased because you do not believe that it is true.

If you think about it, then it is simple that what it is saying is that your faith allows you to be forgiven if you trust in the truth of what the Holy Spirit is saying.

One can say Jesus was stupid, or that his momma dresses him funny, and these are forgiveable as long as one maintains the truth that all sins are forgiveable, but the moment you deny it either for yourself or for someone else, then you have broken the covenant of the truth.

I hope this made sense.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

thehumbleone

1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

4 You know the way to the place where I am going."

5 Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

7 If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

8 Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."

9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.

12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.

14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

*added emphasis my own...

Instead of reading it as JESUS everywhere there is an I AM, replace your thoughts with I AM, YOU ARE, WE ARE, HE IS, SHE IS.....This is the basis of all of Jesus' teachings....Love...

We each have this I AM energy present inside of us and around us...What Jesus taught was love for one another and love for yourself...This is because, by doing so, you are honoring that I AM presence that flows through you and around you.....Again, the one thing that makes everyone an individual, but part of the greater whole...

"I am in the Father and the Father is in me." hmmm....sounds like what I am saying, huh? Jesus wasn't just talking about only himself, because that would make him a lunatic. Jesus wanted us all to understand that WE are all God's children. We all came from the one source of energy in the universe, and we shall return.

"Ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." This is how we all are supposed to live. Not as the self serving, selfish beings that we portray every day, but as the loving neighbors we should be.

Instead of idolizing one man, we are all supposed to be idolizing each other. It is common sense that all negative energy and evil in this world comes from the lack of love and compassion for our fellow beings.

I would also like to point out, that some people on this planet take these written historical texts and try to take them as absolute literal fact. Not a single one of them though will follow everything that is contained within the books. We pick and choose what we wish to follow, and which things we judge others by.

All these ancient texts are simply "players guides" if you will. They are sets of principles that are meant to guide you through this plane of existence, not make your stay in it troublesome, as, too often, we make it out to be.

How hard is it to love one another without judging? Even though someone believes differently than I do does not make me hate them. They can live their lives the way the please, however, it is my own duty to aid them when needed.

I AM supposed to help those around me, and when I do, I AM helping myself.

WE ARE supposed to help those around us, and when we do, WE ARE helping ourselves.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by Azazelus]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
And this is exactly why I don't like to post biblical quotes, there is always someone who tries to twist the words TO HIS OWN LIKING.

Of course we all came from God, that's a no brainier, but just 'cause we came from God doesn't mean we are in line with his will.

Why don't you people understand God is a just God?

You can either accept God for WHO HE IS, or you can deny who he really is and make up your own false god in your mind.

What you all are doing is breaking the second commandment. You create a false god to suite yourselves because you can't accept the true God for who he is.

God is just God who punishes evil, repent and believe the sacrifice he paid for us.

I'm not gonna say anymore.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

And this is exactly why I don't like to post biblical quotes, there is always someone who tries to twist the words TO HIS OWN LIKING.

A bit hypocritical, don't you think?

I wasn't twisting anything. It was all written in what you quoted. Are you afraid of my interpretation simply because it isn't what you were taught or choose to believe yourself? For someone that follows God, I sense much anger and hostility in you. Is this what God wants?

Of course we all came from God, that's a no brainier, but just 'cause we came from God doesn't mean we are in line with his will.

Why don't people understand God is a just God?

Again, I am afraid you are limiting yourself by personifying God. God is something that is in everything, and around everything. God is omnipresent, as someone stated previously. He is He, He is She, He is We, and He is You. He is the I AM. We are the I AM. You are the I AM.

I AM one. You are one. We are one.

All things are one.

Why must we continue to divide the one into the many?

EDIT: I quoted your post as you were editing it. I am sorry you have closed the door for yourself, and for us. Maybe one day, you will realize who you are and who we are. When you do, you will know "I AM." Believe in yourself and believe in others.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Dude, this is pointless, I sure hope you believe what you believe 100%, because we will find out who's right in the afterlife.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
"Dude", I do believe everything that I say 100%....because I know it's true. What is so wrong about loving one another unconditionally? Will your God punish me for that? If so, then I would say that your God is not worthy of worship.

Why would anyone follow a God that says anyone is not to be loved? What if I was Muslim, Homosexual, a Woman, or any other division from the "norm?"

Would your God say it was ok to hate me because of it?

If so, then you can have your God.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azazelus
"Dude", I do believe everything that I say 100%....because I know it's true. What is so wrong about loving one another unconditionally? Will your God punish me for that? If so, then I would say that your God is not worthy of worship.

Why would anyone follow a God that says anyone is not to be loved? What if I was Muslim, Homosexual, a Woman, or any other division from the "norm?"

Again, you are wrong about God, "Love your neighbor as yourself", remember that?

I am really sad at the hate you have for God.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azazelus

Again, you are wrong about God, "Love your neighbor as yourself", remember that?

I am really sad at the hate you have for God.

Ok, I thought you were "done" but obviously not.

Have you not read anything I have typed? I am preaching "love everyone as much as you love yourself"..."love everyone so that you may love yourself"......

I don't see why you are saddened, but I don't hate God. Maybe I simply don't agree with what your obvious conservative Christian upbringing has taught you that God is.

Sir, I am not the one who starts threads such as "I know who the Whore of Babylon is".....Claiming to have knowledge that none of us do.

So tell me, who seems misguided?

I judge nobody. I accept you for who you are. If you want to be limited by believing everything you have been taught, or are shown day to day, then go ahead. I am sorry that you cannot see what Jesus was truly teaching.

I love you. And, I hope that your life in this state of being is a pleasureable one, because none of us know what is after this. We can speculate all we want.

Edit: I just realized something. You, of all people, should be able to see it. 8-8-88.....What a glorious and most fitting example of the way life is. Everything is related to everything. Those 8's are much like an infinity symbol. Everything is woven together. That is a description of the one. That one energy that I call God. The one that I AM, and YOU ARE, a part of.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Ok, I thought you were "done" but obviously not.

Have you not read anything I have typed? I am preaching "love everyone as much as you love yourself"..."love everyone so that you may love yourself"......

Nothing new there, Jesus taught us this 2000 years ago

I don't see why you are saddened, but I don't hate God. Maybe I simply don't agree with what your obvious conservative Christian upbringing has taught you that God is.

Fair enough

Sir, I am not the one who starts threads such as "I know who the Whore of Babylon is".....Claiming to have knowledge that none of us do.

If you would have read that, you would have seen it was a joke thread.

So tell me, who seems misguided?

I judge nobody. I accept you for who you are. If you want to be limited by believing everything you have been taught, or are shown day to day, then go ahead. I am sorry that you cannot see what Jesus was truly teaching.

I love you. And, I hope that your life in this state of being is a pleasureable one, because none of us know what is after this. We can speculate all we want.

I am not limited by anything, everything is possible for me because I believe the truth.

I Love you too. Cheers

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Nothing new there, Jesus taught us this 2000 years ago

ahh....exactly my point. Why don't we continue to teach what Jesus taught, instead of "we are right, they are wrong" ???? Jesus knew what the I AM meant. We don't teach the I AM today. We are too busy in political squabbles, and transactions of business to preach love.

Why don't you share the "truth" you know?

What is the God you believe in?

Do you follow God as a part of religion, or as part of the I AM?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
OK, I really don't understand why you are using God's name.

"I Am Who I Am" is Gods name, Jesus said he is "I Am".

4 God said to Moses, "I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' " EXODUS 3: 14

48The Jews answered him, "Aren't we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?"

49 "I am not possessed by a demon," said Jesus, "but I honor my Father and you dishonor me. 50I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge. 51 I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death."

52 At this the Jews exclaimed, "Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that if anyone keeps your word, he will never taste death. 53 Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?"

54 Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and keep his word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad."

57 "You are not yet fifty years old," the Jews said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"

58 "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, "I AM"!" 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds. JOHN 8

I am well read in scripture, so don't think you can confuse or trick me.

And what's up with your screen name "Azazelus"?

There's an interesting story behind that name.

The whole earth has been corrupted through the works that were taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin. 1 Enoch 2:8

According to 1 Enoch (a book of the Apocrypha), Azazel (here spelled ‘ăzā’zyēl) was one of the chief Grigori, a group of fallen angels who had sexual intercourse with female humans. This same story (without any mention of Azazel) is told in Genesis 6:2-4:

[The angels] saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. […] The Nephilim were on the earth in those days — and also afterward — when the sons of God [the angels] went to the daughters of men and had children by them.

1 Enoch portrays Azazel as responsible for teaching humans to make weapons and cosmetics, for which he was cast out of heaven. 1 Enoch 2:8 reads:

And Azazel taught men to make swords and knives and shields and breastplates; and made known to them the metals [of the earth] and the art of working them; and bracelets and ornaments; and the use of antimony and the beautifying of the eyelids; and all kinds of costly stones and all colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray and became corrupt in all their ways.

The corruption brought on by Azazel and the Grigori degrades the human race, and the four archangels (Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel) “saw much blood being shed upon the earth and all lawlessness being wrought upon the earth […] The souls of men [made] their suit, saying, "Bring our cause before the Most High; […] Thou seest what Azazel hath done, who hath taught all unrighteousness on earth and revealed the eternal secrets which were in heaven, which men were striving to learn."

God sees the sin brought about by Azazel and has Raphael “bind Azazel hand and foot and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening in the desert — which is in Dudael — and cast him therein. And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there forever, and cover his face that he may not see light.”

Azazel’s fate is fortold near the end of 1 Enoch 2:8, where God says, “On the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire. […] The whole earth has been corrupted through the works that were taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin."

What's up with that?

Doesn't seem like a fitting name for someone who preaches "Love", does it?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
alright, i'd like to say i'm all for the concept (though any form of god based belief isn't for me) of spiritual anarchy

however
what does this have to do with origins and creationism conspiracies?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join