It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe in god not religion.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich1974
"I agree with your entire post, OP, except that last part about evolution being a joke".

If that was not direct ay my post, I apologize.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by rich1974]

It was intended towards your comments..I mean, I agreed with everything you said, except your total disregard of evolution, which does occur....

Evolution does not simply mean we all evolved out of nothing....Evolution is just where living things adapt to their surroundings to the point of where it actually affects their gene pools....That has occurred and still does....Evolution in itself should be proof positive enough that there is some force at work that enables these miracles to take place in the first place....

As for the argument against a creating force, then I ask why Earth is so special? I mean, the only life in the universe that we have undeniable proof of is our own. Why can't life be created in the labratory without cells that are already living? Because we cannot be at peace with the concept of the ultimate energy that the "God" phenomena describes, our doom and extinction will be a self fufilling prophecy. The ultimate truth is, we want to have the answer to our purpose so bad that we will destroy ourselves trying to comprehend it.

We constantly strive to find our way "out" of things, when what we should be doing is understanding the one thing that is "in" all of us......The one thing that nobody can describe with words....the one thing that makes us all unique, yet part of a greater single consciousness.....

We don't even realize that we are all a part of each other...2 = 1...1000000000000 = 1......there is ultimately only 1.....That one, is what people perceive as God....one God....one peace....one body...one mind...one.....just one....one eternity....

It's up to us to decide how long that 1 lasts....

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Excellent post, my friend!

Yes it is up to us...but the problem with creation is that God

G ood
O rderly
D irection

MUST be ECHAD (united) in order to create. If not, there is no hope but chaos, destruction, and if not clipped, the wings of this confused raven quickly and certainly meet the expected end which is annihilation.

Not selective like 'Eve-olution' but total like 'Intelligent Misalign'

Thank God that God took this one out of our hands for about a 'season's length' of rehabilitation.

What's done is done
ANN is gone

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If God is Not limited then God can all so Be limited. God is any thing and Every thing, We are God, Existence is God, We are Existence, and We are Every thing as so We are No thing

[edit on 9-2-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I DEFINATELY believe in the God of the bible. With much looking and searching it's the only for ME that makes sense. When God created the univese he set rules and laws. We can see this heck we can even set our clocks by them. We see these laws here on earth, gravity and thermal dynamics ect.

I know alot of you wont except the bible for what it is but im going to generalize from it anyways. When creation was finished there was one man and one woman. They fell out of the position that God had originally placed them in. Adam must have been crushed to have been kicked out and asked God if there is anyway to get back. God told him his plan and told him about the redeemer, He even placed the whole story out in the heavens using the constallations. Adam taught his sons and so on until Noah's flood then Noah took over. That explains the simularitys with Christianity and all those other ancient god stories. They all come from one source. You will have to decide for yourself if that source is the God of the bible or not.

To those of you who claim life is a hologram or fantasy. Why then do you still look both ways when crossing the street? It's like the tree in the woods story. If I know its all illusion and no one is around and a truck is rolling down hill and I dont see it. Will it still hit me?

Those of you who dont believe in God then how do you explain it all? I mean there has to be a beginning point, right? Who determined the order of things? It just happened? Billions of lines of code in our dna just created its self over time, thru trial and error? They say the universe is 15 billion years old. They also say that I and you have over a trillion cells in our body. With billions of connections in our brain alone. If evolution started at the begining and had made one perfect line of dna code per year, it still ends up on the short end. I do believe in a linear evolution, i say that changes are made with a species but within that species alone. But I find no evidence of a missing link between species in the fossil record.

Those of you who want a god but no rules/religion, do you make it up as you go?

these questions I asked myself and found the bible answered them all.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
JohnnyBravo,

What is the reason you refer to God as a "him", "he"? If God is Omnipresent, Omnipotent... Omnified, then would Not God all so Be feminine? Would Not God have No laws? Could Not God make up rules as God progresses in the learning of God's self? If God is capable of all, then could Not God Be limited and Not limited simultaneously?

[edit on 9-2-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

Two examples are the seven heavens mentioned in the Quran.

In Greek mythology, Atlas had seven daughters in the Pleiades constellation. It is also the number of stars in the constellation Ursa Major. In religion, the number seven is important in Judaism; the Sabbatical year arrives every seventh year, seven blessings are recited during a Jewish wedding ceremony, in fact, seven is a highly symbolic number in Jewish tradition.
Even in Christianity, the number seven features rather prominently, with the seven deadly sins, the number of churches of Asia, to which the Book Of Revelations is addressed, the seven virtues, and in the Bible, it is said that seven is the perfect number (with six being the imperfect number).
In the ancient cult of Mithra, the Indo-Iranian God, we find also the number seven features...there were seven degrees of initiation, these degrees allowed the neophyte to proceed through the seven celestial bodies.
In Sumerian literature (circa 4000BC), Inanna, the original Holy Virgin, traversed seven gateways during her descent into the underworld; it is the number of main islands in the mythological city of Atlantis; in fact, a look at the Wikipedia entry for the number “seven”, will give you some idea of how important this number is for many different cultures, civilisations and religions

[edit on 9-2-2007 by geek101]

more on the number 7 in the bible. this is about the genealogy of Jesus Christ in the book of Matthew. very interesting. and all thru the bible you can find things like this from the 7 days of creation to the 7 seals in revelations. not only is the number 7 special in the bible but the rest of the numbers (1-7)are as well. a message inside a message.

suppose you are asked to construct a genealogy of real people, but there are certain constraints. the number of words in this genealogy must:

beenly divisible by seven (with no remainders)
the number of letters must be divisible by seven
the number of vowels and consonants must be divisible by seven
the number of words that begin with a vowel must be divisible by seven
the number of words that begin with a consonant must be divisible by seven
the number of words that occur more than once, must be divisible by seven
the number of words that occur in more than one form must be divisible by seven
the number of words that occur only in one form must be divisible by seven
the number of names in the genealogy must be divisible by seven
the number of male names must be divisible by seven
and the number of generations in the genealogy must be divisible by seven
would it not be next to impossible to draw up such a genealogy? yet this describes exactly the genealogy of the messiah as given in the gospel of matthew 1 :2-17.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Chuck Missler? If you got that from him he is really inteligent.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Osiris/Jesus similarities coincidence... They are the exact same myth as
Adonis,
Apollo,
Baal of Phoenicia
Beddru of Japan Buddha of India
Hesus of the Druids Horus,
Osiris, and Serapis of Egypt, whose long-haired, bearded appearance was adopted for the Christ character
Indra of Tibet/India
Jao of Nepal
Krishna of India
Mikado of the Sintoos
Mithra of Persia
Odin of the Scandinavians
Prometheus of Caucasus/Greece

Also Quetzalcoatl. Virgin birth, etc. Very interesting thread! It's amazing to see how religions, like language, all seem to have evolved from one nexus. Although I disagree with many of the conclusions of The Thirteenth Planet, I agree that all religions descended from the same religion.

[edit on 2/9/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The planet has been found. Total coverup. My apologize to the moderator for trying to post annonomsly. Im at work. Won't do that again.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   

The planet has been found. Total coverup

www.cbsnews.com...

2003UB313 has been renamed Eris, after the Greek goddess of strife.

There is even a thread about her here.

No cover up as far as I can see.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I bet if you ask 100 peopl,e 1/20 of 1 would know about the new planet.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
This is a really good thread, I too think religion does not represent god sometimes.
I belive in god, I know that god exists and it's my will to belive so, but I'm not that hot for religion, maybe cristianity was seen the wrong way, there are so many religions out there and they look similar to each other, maybe there is a bit of truth if all of them, I don't know, but why all the rules, and all the dogma, if any one trully wants to folow god I don't think they really need religon, this is what I think, by folowing god a person does things in a more natural way, while in religion a person does them mechanical, because it says so.
I don't want to bash religion, but I see it different, from all the planets that are out there can any one think that they are all cristian or muslim or any other religion that is from earth.
I think dogma does not lead to god, if any one wants to follow god, they just have to be good people, that know how to tolerate and forgive, and to have it in them, to feel with their souls, but it all needs to come natural, and not because it says somewhere in some book, that I know for sure.
I don't belive that killing a bunch of people and being a negative person all your life and then on your death bed some how you are forgiven for saying the magic word, I don't belive in that, I simply can't.
I'm a cristian, but some times I think I would rather have it my way,and belive and pray to god my way, and not how some books or a priest tells me, why learn a prayer when I can pray in a natural way and say what ever comes in to my mind, I don't need a church with a bunch of people dressed up like a cult with simbols all over them, I don't think god told them to weare all kind of robes with simbols all over them, I think this is madnes, with icons all over the place with the face of god, when none of us have seen god, but we draw god over and over again, with sets of rules regarding the church rather than god.
I'm really disapointed in religion.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
watch rod liddles trouble with atheism
video.google.com...

or alternatively

youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What this video fails to mention is that Stalin, et al, did not kill in the name of atheism. He just killed. Various religious groups that have murdered thousands and destroyed whole civilizations have specifically done so while invoking their religion of choice.

Edit: Okay, Part 2 points that out.

Edit: That Ellen woman was rude. I don't advocate that type of crap.

[edit on 2/10/2007 by Landis]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Every religion on this planet including christianity has come from pagan traditions, and astrotheology.

Example. Jesus and all the same similar saviour myths that were exactly the same.

Christmas...

The world's crucified gods have their traditional birthday on December 25th. This is because the sun makes an annual descent southward until December 21st or 22nd, the winter solstice, when it stops moving southerly for three days(notice jesus resurected after 3 days) and then starts to move northward again. During this time, the ancients declared that "God's sun" had "died" for three days and was "born again" on December 25th.

Jesus was crucified on the cross which is the ancient symbol for the sun.
en.wikipedia.org...
Easter/passover...

Is when the sun passes over the equator celebrating Spring

Osiris/Jesus similarities coincidence... They are the exact same myth as
Adonis,
Apollo,
Baal of Phoenicia
Beddru of Japan Buddha of India
Hesus of the Druids Horus,
Osiris, and Serapis of Egypt, whose long-haired, bearded appearance was adopted for the Christ character
Indra of Tibet/India
Jao of Nepal
Krishna of India
Mikado of the Sintoos
Mithra of Persia
Odin of the Scandinavians
Prometheus of Caucasus/Greece

The virgin Mary...
Conjugation that annually takes place at the vernal equinox. God, the Father, the Sun personified, at this time is joined to commence the Gestation of the Son (Sun) of God, that will be born 280 days later on December 25th.

I could go on for weeks. The origins of most religions is astrotheology and paganism. Sorry its a fact. People are dying over it, and it is high time the truth be known.

At the same time evolution is a joke.

Rich

[edit on 9-2-2007 by rich1974]en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 9-2-2007 by rich1974]

LIES LIES LIES.

Sorry to break it to you, but Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

Without him, nobody is going to heaven.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

LIES LIES LIES.

I'm sorry, but do you care to elaborate? Is this something you can back up, or is it simply your opinion?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Only those that believe in Jesus are saved according to previous post. This is illumantati mind control at its finest. I believe in god but I'm going to hell like every, buddist, monk, krisna, and most of the thirld world. This is a total mind manipulation. Christianity came out of Rome and is totally pagan in origin. I believe if Jesus is real he would agree with my view more than a "born again" because I reject Pagan rituals. I reject worshiping idols. After studying christianitys origin it is completly pagan and therefore against god. Sun worship is not worshiping god, sorry. I don't need a middle man between me and the creator. If you think God only loves christians you are completly dullusional.

Break the stupidity for mankind please

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I don't know where you get this "we're worshiping the sun" BS from.

Jesus said whoever wants to worship God, let him worship him in spirit and truth.

The thing people are so ignorant of is the fact that God demands perfection.

Are any of us perfect? Certainly not, this is why mankind needs a Saviour, we are spiritually dead.

Don't let you ego cloud you from the truth, most people like to think they are good, and I'm sure a lot of them are, but no matter how "good" you are, it can never match God's standard.

Go look at the ten commandments and tell me you've never broken any of them.

If you say you haven't, you are a liar, because everyone has failed to follow those commands to the T.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azazelus

Originally posted by thehumbleone

LIES LIES LIES.

I'm sorry, but do you care to elaborate? Is this something you can back up, or is it simply your opinion?

Yes, If you want to learn the Truth, read this passage.

John 14

1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going."

5 Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

8 Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."

9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. 12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

This is the truth, don't let your ego cloud you, if you listen carefully, you will be able to hear the truth in these words.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I am not a god denier. I believe in god. I don't believe in religion because it is false doctrine based on sun worship and pagan rituals. It has been used for death and destruction for ages. If it was truly divine it would bring more peace not more war. It brings death and destruction because it comes from pagan origins and has nothing to do with god. The word church means vagina, look it up. Churches have steeples representing a penis. This is sexual symbolism. When you go to church your are worshiping in a metaphorical vagina. What does that have to do with god?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join