It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What, exactly, is reality? (Dimensions)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I am sure the Matrix has been discussed MANY times but…

What is “reality’? We know (is there “real” proof anyways?) that there are different dimensions – are we living in a “Matrix” sort of reality? I was watching something on discovery the other night which touched on the concept that there are multiple realities on earth in different dimensions. Each dimension is based in different frequencies.

So – UFOs, aliens, Ghosts, etc – perhaps very real OR a lot of hogwash exist in different realities or Matrices. However, this post is not to determine what is real with regard to UFOs and Ghosts etc but to throw out there the concept that we all co-exist on earth in different dimensions and these exist at different frequencies.

So if we could “tune” into those frequencies we would be “in” a different “reality” or dimension. Perhaps when we “die” we move to another dimension based within these “realities”.

So is it then, based on the above, possible that the house we live in does not exist in a different reality, the office we work in does not exist and the food we eat is maybe inedible in a different dimension (speculation) – just putting this out there.

So could it also be true that “wormholes” take us from one dimension to another are just changing the frequency? So perhaps “UFOs” just change the frequency and this is when they are “seen” and then suddenly disappear instantly – ok we may argue that they bend light etc etc etc – but I am looking at this in terms of co-existing realities on the same earth at the same time.

Kind of like this theory: take radio waves – there are hundreds of radio waves with different transmissions all happening at the same time, all around us. We don’t see them, but with the right tool, a radio/TV, we can “tune in” to the different frequencies and see or hear different things all existing at the same time. So if you don’t like this station you just tune into another and “reality” has changed.

I am NO scientist – I am NOT saying any of this is fact, I am NOT trying to prove anything. This is simply a thought.

Any ideas?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Reality is whatever you make of it. The only real thing we can rely on is our own minds. The mind can make something very real or it can make sure that something never happened. Use your minds to shape reality into what you want.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
sir all you need is to check my post about virtual reality,time,universe,annunaki,aliens and everything and then you will be fully enlightened
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

for a brief info check this site
www.therealmatrix.com... and do tell me what do you think.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by manchurian_candidate]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Well I went to the links but I don't know so much about this time reset and Reptilians running the show. Also, this hollow earth idea is a little "out there" as far as I am concerned. I think with the earth rotating the stresses that would be placed on the crust, i recon, would be a little too much an i would assume there would be a hell of a lot more earthquakes etc. Just my opinion. Why would we go to the moon when there is a hollow earth to investigate...

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well, from my POV, I believe in the matrix. I come from a Christian background and have came to the conclusion that the anti-christ is no less than the physical world. To me, this represents all that is not spiritual or perfect and the only way to explain it is to believe in a matrix or an illusion of sorts that temporarily deceives us for a time until we regain consciousness at either physcial death for some or a rapture (as some call it) where the test of the world is over.

After seeing enough computer games I have no problem believing in a higher system of reality in which we view the world through an altered sense of reality.

The dream state when you sleep is further support for this concept that the matrix can exist apart from our being awake.

Good thread...will keep a watch on it.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Well, from my POV, I believe in the matrix. I come from a Christian background and have came to the conclusion that the anti-christ is no less than the physical world. To me, this represents all that is not spiritual or perfect and the only way to explain it is to believe in a matrix or an illusion of sorts that temporarily deceives us for a time until we regain consciousness at either physcial death for some or a rapture (as some call it) where the test of the world is over.

After seeing enough computer games I have no problem believing in a higher system of reality in which we view the world through an altered sense of reality.

The dream state when you sleep is further support for this concept that the matrix can exist apart from our being awake.

Good thread...will keep a watch on it.

Thanks. I have to agree. I am also from a christian family but that does not mean that everything I have been taught, or other christians, is all bogus. I guess we need to look at these things in context and based in theidea that the books we read i.e. Bible, are not literal. They "paint" a picture of the idea of things thta happened in a more "understandable" way i guess. Considering the understanding we have today of the world is a little more advanced and we tend not to have to describe things as they did back then.

We are in one of 11 dimensions. On the same earth? OR - are other dimensions on other planets? Would be interesting to have a gadget that one can use to "see" other dimensions or parallel realities…

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder

Thanks. I have to agree. I am also from a christian family but that does not mean that everything I have been taught, or other christians, is all bogus. I guess we need to look at these things in context and based in theidea that the books we read i.e. Bible, are not literal. They "paint" a picture of the idea of things thta happened in a more "understandable" way i guess. Considering the understanding we have today of the world is a little more advanced and we tend not to have to describe things as they did back then.

We are in one of 11 dimensions. On the same earth? OR - are other dimensions on other planets? Would be interesting to have a gadget that one can use to "see" other dimensions or parallel realities…

Cool. One of the things I am currently pondering is the thought of the Bible's existence in the Matrix. For example it is quite well known of the many contradictions in the bible of good and evil where God contradicts his commandments by issuing decrees to the contrary. Some people try to explain this away, but I dispell this as factually how God operated with the Jews. The only thing I find non-contradictory in the Bible is the Gospel that all sin is forgiven. Everything else I have found within the text, I have found something questionable that suggests to me that the bible is dualistic like the world is. So in essence the only thing that escapes the matrix is the gospel message of salvation (if that makes sense)

PS- I only watched the first matrix movie so I am not sure what the blue/red pill stuff is, but I think the concept is spot on of what us humans are actually under the influence of.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
hmm very interesting thread. to start with i believe religion is just a very primitive form of mind control. im fairly certain u guys have been listening to david icke so u will know where im comming from. reality is just our perception of what we can interpret with our five senses. if u have ever heard of string theory u will know the critisism it gets from the traditional big bang theorists. this is because the government does not want us to know that other dimensions exist. string theory explains scientificaly that other dimensions do exist.
so yes i am certain that we live on a very small frequency range and have just been manipulated into not being able to access other frequencies, one of the methods i believe to be religion. i also believe that the knowledge to access these other dimensions does exist on earth.

new topics

top topics

join