It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Rods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hey Everyone, I am new to this website and just earlier today, i was in a local tim hortons i took a picture of my friend no flash or nothing and when i looked at it when i got home it was all blury and in it is what i think could possibly be alien rods, if someone could give me advice or somthing that would be great!

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
i dunno... i would say that its a light refraction... but its good that you've got your eyes open. hell, with all this aliening going on everywhere, seems like everyone'll be seeing the real stuff more and more. and welcome

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Forgive me for asking but,

What are alien rods?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
the apparent movement of the light refraction closely matches the apparent movement of everything else in that pic. I would say that the person taking the pic suddenly shifted position, that is why everything is so distorted there.

I am quite certain that if the picture taker was still, the light refractions would be more readily noticeable as such.

Also, I might add a very lousy pic.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
alien rods are kind of like ufos, only they move faster, and are bugs that fly in front of high speed camaras

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I am not trying to be negative, but weren't they debunked a year or two ago as insects flying at high speeds, creating the exact effects in a controlled environment?

I thought they were.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horrificus
I am not trying to be negative, but weren't they debunked a year or two ago as insects flying at high speeds, creating the exact effects in a controlled environment?

I thought they were.

Yes, that's exactly what they are. I'm not exactly a professional photographer, but I know for a fact that simply shortening the exposure time will correct the image.

en.wikipedia.org...:Long_exposure_at_the_fair.jpg

You can tell the movement of every light source in the image. When taking a picture/film of a fast moving bug, the image will contain the whole path of the insect from the beginning to end of exposure. With supposed "rod" pictures, you can actually make out the movement of wings..

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Light from Venus, reflected off of swamp gas, maybe. Looks like a nice blur though. Sorry, my mom didn't spank me enough when I was little

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It looks like an over exposure to two points of either reflected, refracted, or steady lights...Almost as if the shutter was open a little too long and your breathed and your arms moved while taking the picture. Try changing the shutter spead.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
How'd you get into my buddies grow-room!

j/k

sorry, have to agree with the rest of the crew, overall blur looks like a quick bump or jerk to camera. "Classic" rod shots are usually taken by occulting the sun and shooting the corona. (Unless you mean the alien rods in the Martin Stubbs NASA footage).

new topics

top topics

join